S:flo2 impressions thread
Feb 25, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #496 of 3,682
where can one buy one of these online or in canada?
also, does it support folder playing/browsing?

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #500 of 3,682
They did have the s:flo for quite a long time so I doubt anytime soon. I just hope one day linux would be able to work under this. It's the only thing preventing me from buying this dap.

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #502 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by FliGuyRyan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the Fiio E5 amp on their site like? Is it worth the $20 for at least a little amping (not expecting anything huge)?

-RC

If you have more ohm demanding phones it will make sound fuller. From my sansa fuze the pk1 from headphone out are not performing as good as from lod + fiio5 however the headphone out have kinda more deeper and refined bass than the LOD. Maybe that is just an headphone out amplification.. never seriously tryed the headphone out with fiio 5 since I dont have quality interconnect mini to mini exept the stock fiio 5 cable which sounds horrible!! when I have tryed it against my LOD. But I have read that line out from sansa is even better than the LOD if you are using better amps. Sure I will get some better amp later on its just a question of time and money
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #503 of 3,682
Anyone having problems with their sflo:2 fw2.00 . The reason im asking this is because im stuck with my cellphone/mp3 which really is driving me nuts with all the freezing and whatnot. Im very tempted on just grabbing a cowon s9 w/ 32gig for 300.00 shipped. Im hoping that the sflo:2 fw2.00 is stable.
any input will be a great help.

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #505 of 3,682
Okay, I've been through every page, and I'd like to know, how well does the line-out hold up if you connect it to a nice full size dac? Could you use it like a Music Server? Because if it's as good as your average CDP, we should rebadge these and call them Portable Media Servers (PMS.)
redface.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #507 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy287 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone having problems with their sflo:2 fw2.00 . The reason im asking this is because im stuck with my cellphone/mp3 which really is driving me nuts with all the freezing and whatnot. Im very tempted on just grabbing a cowon s9 w/ 32gig for 300.00 shipped. Im hoping that the sflo:2 fw2.00 is stable.
any input will be a great help.

I am currently using firmware v2.0 and so far so good. It does not mean that it can do everything that other DAPs offer in terms of UI, but it seems that minor issues that sometimes may require resetting the unit has been stabilized.

Remember, if you are looking for SQ, then the S:Flo2 is it. If looking for convenience, looking elsewhere may be the right solution (not that I find the S:Flo2 to be very inconvenient).

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #508 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curious, is their a user manual for the sflo?

Yes, the S:Flo2 comes with a little user manual booklet in the package. It is detailed, but the English used is, although understandable, not the sort spoken in the US (if you know what I mean).

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #509 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by gooky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I've been through every page, and I'd like to know, how well does the line-out hold up if you connect it to a nice full size dac? Could you use it like a Music Server? Because if it's as good as your average CDP, we should rebadge these and call them Portable Media Servers (PMS.)
redface.gif

Congratulations on reading the whole thread. That's really commendable given how big this thread has grown.

Now, the S:Flo2 is a DAP and not any sort of media server, unfortunately. Therefore, it can be used like any other DAPs in the market. Of course, you can watch movies or read e-books if you feel like doing it which it also does quite well.

If you were to make a lossless file out of a CD and play it through the S:Flo2, then the S:Flo2 will not disappoint you. You may even find the SQ from the S:Flo2 to be even better than your CD player depending on which model you use. The S:Flo2 is quite a serious audio device.

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #510 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by piotrus-g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So mine was shiped out today.
smily_headphones1.gif
now the hardest part, waiting for package arrival

"Good things come to all those who wait."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back