S:flo2 impressions thread
Jan 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #167 of 3,682
I liked mine. The SQ is really nice! However, my player kept freezing a few times a day. Had to restart with a paper clip. SO,.. I just sent them back today: ( Now eagerly waiting for replacement.

Anyone else experienced this problem? I tried everything. Turn off the auto-off setting, updated the firmware, and try to turn of the player whenever I am not using it... well,... it's a mess. I hope to get a new unit back in a few weeks.

I will keep you guys updated...

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #168 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisztian420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I liked mine. The SQ is really nice! However, my player kept freezing a few times a day. Had to restart with a paper clip. SO,.. I just sent them back today: ( Now eagerly waiting for replacement.

Anyone else experienced this problem? I tried everything. Turn off the auto-off setting, updated the firmware, and try to turn of the player whenever I am not using it... well,... it's a mess. I hope to get a new unit back in a few weeks.

Mine has been completely FLAWLESS in operation since I got it. I had no damage to the shipping box, or internal box/packaging. The player didn't look dinged or scuffed or breathed on or even looked at harshly ;-D

Seriously tho, I will ABSOLUTELY keep folks updated RE: any "issues" with this player.

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #169 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tight, Layered, Detailed, Resounding. Not "_THICK_". And that is "nude" or UNassisted by an Amp/DAC outboard via the silent Line-out.

The iriver H140's HP Out is 'darker' and less detailed, less driving, less _authoratative_ , and less, "balanced" across the scale. this s:flo2 even EQ'ed as I showed with my LEVELS for the USER EQ, is REALLY FLAT in a good way. across the spectrum.

I dunno how they did it. They being Teclast, but I'm happy they did.

your Audio Language is so expert, make me confuse
k701smile.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #170 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice review FLACvest, I was wondering, how well does it do deep bass? See, I have a very similar EQ set up on my rockboxed 5.5G iPod to yours with a big boost at 20Hz for my ER4Ps and what's putting me off this partly is the lowest EQ frequency it seems to go is 60Hz.

I do not have a rockboxed iPod, but my ER4-P with P to S adapter conected to my S:flo2 delivers extremely solid, tight, fast, strong, and deep heart shaking lows. I get a grin whenever a song hits a low tone. And whoever said that ER4 is weak on bass? By the way, the sound through the line-out is (amazingly) even better and if you use a quality amplifier, you get even better results.

S:flo2, this sexy little monster is an unbelievable performer!!!

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #171 of 3,682
(pushed wrong button.... please refer to the correct post below)

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #172 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
8gb are sold out but 16gb still available

IF this is true, then it is just as I have predicted (S:flo2 running out of stock...) in my prior quote in this thread! But, what really surprises me is the fact that S:flo2 is being sold out at such a shockingly fast rate.

The S:flo2, in my opinion, simply kills the DAP competition whatever the price level. And, considering its mind-blowing price of under $200, it is no wonder that the S:flo2 is running out of stock.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #173 of 3,682
How's the MP4 Nation shipping times?

There's quite been more few complaints on their ability to ship in a timely manner and their ability to rma in a timely manner.

And what about build quality?

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #174 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by dAdE0H0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's quite been more few complaints on their ability to ship in a timely manner and their ability to rma in a timely manner.

It took about 10 days for my S:flo2 to be delivered to me from the day the item actually left their store in Hong Kong. They even provide you with a postal tracking number so that you may know exactly where your item is. This was right before Christmas season, so considering how bad the mail traffic may have been at the time, I think MP4nations service is very good. The S:flo2 came well boxed in perfect condition.

Build quality is extremely good, with very strong metal back casing and high quality glossy glass front. Because it is glass, though, it is prone to finger markings but occasional wiping with soft tissue solves this minor issue.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #175 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisztian420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have had one issue and that was where one song froze in the middle, i had to stop and start the song again and it played fine, that happened on my second day of using it and apart from that, it has behaved very well
darthsmile.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #176 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by dAdE0H0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I now have 5 orders placed and delivered with them, only my pl50 order took time (3 weeks waiting before it shipped) as they didn't have stock, otherwise everything arrived in about 8 - 11 days and shipped usually within 2 days of ordering, only the sflo2 i had to wait for as i bought it during the preorder. The last order shipped dec 31st and arrived to me on the 11th.

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #178 of 3,682
how does this compare with Rockboxed Fuze? I have a RB Fuze and PK1. I find the sound very good and very natural at the same time fun and engaging. Will this blow away my source out of the water? Btw, I'm using T4+E5 as my amp duo.

Appreciate if anybody can do a quick comparison.

Thanks.

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #180 of 3,682
SQ wise, S:flo2 has better headphone-out than my Fuze + LOD + T4. It lacks a little bit of warmness that Fuze bring to the table (which works well with colder sound headphone), but the very clean sound coupled with the powerful output can drive most of my IEM excellently. For Fuze to be a match of S:flo2, you will need a very good amp, like the new T3 - then again, Fuze + LOD + T3 is still not a match S:flo2 + T3. Simple and plain, S:flo2 is better sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back