S:flo2 impressions thread
Dec 28, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #92 of 3,682
no prob...

wink.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #93 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by hk1388 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you. Is it that much bigger than than the Ipod 5g and the D2 or is it the picture making it look like that. If its not too much trouble, can you take a picture from directly above all the stuff?

In fact it is the bigger, longer and thicker one among them.

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #96 of 3,682
One of the irritating aspects of any DAP player, or as a matter of fact of any headphone amplifiers, is the issue of volume adjustment. When adjusting volume, two common problems occur:

1) left/right imbalance at low volumes.

2) scratching noise when adjusting volume.

One way of eliminating this is to apply electronic adjustment facility (such as the Cowon D2); however, this is usually considered not as handy or comfortable as the conventional analog knob or slide type.

The S:flo2 uses conventional sliding adjustors for the volume which is very comfortable and which I find much easier in adjusting volume level. After more than 10 days of usage, I can safely say that the S:flo2 does not show any of the above two symptoms.

The sound output from the headphone out is very strong. It is definitely much stronger than the output of the Cowon D2 which is rated at 52mW (strongest before the S:flo2 debut).

This is one simply amazing DAP.

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #98 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by hk1388 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is the battery life? I imagine it will not be great because of what its powering.

It is just as I have previously explained in my short review I made in this thread before. Battery life is quite short (around 8 hours), but it's a worthy sacrifice considering the SQ that the S:flo2 delivers.

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #99 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by worldman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is just as I have previously explained in my short review I made in this thread before. Battery life is quite short (around 8 hours), but it's a worthy sacrifice considering the SQ that the S:flo2 delivers.

Thats horrible. I was hoping for at least 18 hours. If it sounds that great, I guess its probably worth that sacrifice.....
L3000.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #104 of 3,682
wow, now that wipes it totally off my list. 8hrs when new; 6 hrs after a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Back