S:flo2 impressions thread
Jan 3, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #121 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just like the fact that the battery should be user changeable, IF an appropriate upgrade in the correct dimensions is located.

So stick to portable CD or MD players.
wink.gif
I haven't seen a MP3 player that has swappable battery since the 256mb usb stick players..
Most players are made so to break long before the battery gives in though.. Have to keep us consuming, buying new sh1t, sh1t we really don't need.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #122 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just like the fact that the battery should be user changeable, IF an appropriate upgrade in the correct dimensions is located.

It's serviceable if you live in China/Hong Kong. If you don't mind to open it, it is not to difficult to replace the battery by yourself. Was there a link with photos in T51 thread?

Jan 4, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #127 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the Line-out volume is completely unadjustable? can this be changed in a firmware update or something?

That would make it a headphone out wouldn't it?
confused_face(1).gif

I think the whole point of the line-out is that there is nothing between the DAC of your DAP and your external amp.

Jan 4, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #128 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would make it a headphone out wouldn't it?
confused_face(1).gif

I think the whole point of the line-out is that there is nothing between the DAC of your DAP and your external amp.

quite right

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #129 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the Line-out volume is completely unadjustable? can this be changed in a firmware update or something?

I do not understand why there are so many here confused regarding S:flo2's line out. As Kees and mukulymn have correctly pointed out, the line out (green jack) gives audio signals generated from its dual DACs directly without going through S:flo2's internal amplification section, whereas the sound through the headphone out (black jack) is the same audio signals which, in this case, have been amplified by S:flo2's own amplifier section and can be controlled via S:flo2's own volume knob.

Those who demand cleaner sound or prefer using their own amplifier use the line out to send the audio signals generated by S:flo2's DACs directly to an outside amplifier and therefore the volume is controlled via the external amplifier.

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #130 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by worldman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not understand why there are so many here confused regarding S:flo2's line out. As Kees and mukulymn have correctly pointed out, the line out (green jack) gives audio signals generated from its dual DACs directly without going through S:flo2's internal amplification section, whereas the sound through the headphone out (black jack) is the same audio signals which, in this case, have been amplified by S:flo2's own amplifier section and can be controlled via S:flo2's own volume knob.

Those who demand cleaner sound or prefer using their own amplifier use the line out to send the audio signals generated by S:flo2's DACs directly to an outside amplifier and therefore the volume is controlled via the external amplifier.

The line out on the sflo IS amplified by its own op amp with another one for the headphone out, i found this post usefullhttp://www.head-fi.org/forums/6274619-post8.html

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #131 of 3,682
scootermafia;6237340 said:
So, I got my S:flo2 today. Just some very quick impressions, photos and full review to follow.

Is this player sold locally? I live in OKC and I noticed you were in Norman. Or do you have to buy it from an overseas dealer?

Do you own the Sony Walkman either X or S series? If so, how does it stack up against those SQ wise?

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #133 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The line out on the sflo IS amplified by its own op amp with another one for the headphone out, i found this post usefullhttp://www.head-fi.org/forums/6274619-post8.html

Antony L, you are absolutely correct. I was assuming the Burr Brown OPA2604 opamp to be considered as part of the DAC direct sound output since the dual Wolfson WM8740 are not SoCs. Thanks for your more detailed explanation.

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #134 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony L /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did some reading after that post, mainly on WM8740's output stage. It turns out WM8740 outputs in balanced mode (positive and negative signal) instead of the more common left/right vs. audio ground, hence it is why you need an extra opamp to convert the balanced output to single end analog output for the line-out port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back