S:flo2 impressions thread
Dec 26, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #61 of 3,682
the phone out is good, but not the best, but i do believe the line-out is one of the best besides a DAPs that can do optical/coax out (iriver ihp100, hifiman). For me, it beat Ipod line-out (touch, classic, etc) easily.
Please just use the line-out if u were not satisfied with the phone-out .

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #62 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In terms of sound quality, it is just as I said above. It simply is THE BEST that one can attain in the portable DAP domain. Separation, soundstage, lows, middle, highs, this musical miracle does wonders. This little thing comes pretty close to my $2,000 April Music Stello DP200 DAC/Pre-amp/Headphone amp unit SQ wise, and that is really saying a lot. Cowon D2 is very well respected in terms of SQ, but I am afraid that it does not come even close to the S:flo2. I used to love my Cowon D2. Apalling!
quoted
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif
Then T51 can be priced at $1800 i suppose.

Theoretically, YES.

Dec 26, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #63 of 3,682
This little thing comes pretty close to my $2,000 April Music Stello DP200 DAC/Pre-amp/Headphone amp unit SQ wise

Moscow comes pretty close to LONDON than Newyork. But it has thousands miles distance.

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #64 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by newfier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This little thing comes pretty close to my $2,000 April Music Stello DP200 DAC/Pre-amp/Headphone amp unit SQ wise

Moscow comes pretty close to LONDON than Newyork. But it has thousands miles distance.

Wow! That is sooo deep! What does that mean? IS Moscow really that close to London and New York? So you think that the T51 sounds more like Moscow than London right? Definitely not NYC? Have you tried the lineout yet? Maybe that will be somewhere in the ball park of Barcelona?

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #66 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already see how Apple desperately tries to pack double sabre dacs to a tiny ipod shuffle

Not that I wouldn't love them trying, or at least into the classic, but I doubt that would affect sales for them at all, even if everymember of head fi went and bought one, that wouldn't even be a slight rise in sales in the grand scheme, and would only cause them to make less money by raising the bottom line.

But I guess we might as well dream big huh?
beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #67 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already see how Apple desperately tries to pack double sabre dacs to a tiny ipod shuffle

Please be aware, Ipod don't sell chips , they sell looks. There are different brands in the DAP market. Some brands sell components, some brands sell looks, and some brands sell music.

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #68 of 3,682
That's an overexaggeration. If anything they're more into capturing populist demand by cramming usable features onto their players to satiate different consumers, of which looks is one of them. The end result of course is that sound quality isn't the primary focus.

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #70 of 3,682
I have been listening to my S:Flo 2 and made some small comparison so far. My early impression:

1) Very powerful output (both PO and LO). PO can easily drive my RE0, which usually need a small amp to sound good.

2) Nice SQ on the PO. The best PO I have heard, making the LO+T4 combo seems pointless. Even the SQ improvement on LO+3MOVE is not that obvious, especially on easily driven headphone.

3) LO quality is better than my Nano4's and Fuze's LO.

4) Firmware is not perfect, but fairly usable.

I will write up a full review after I spend more time with it.

Dec 27, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #71 of 3,682
Can an actual VIDEO REVIEW be posted please, as I'd love to see the UI and the players smoothness - PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 27, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #72 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been listening to my S:Flo 2 and made some small comparison so far. My early impression:

1) Very powerful output (both PO and LO). PO can easily drive my RE0, which usually need a small amp to sound good.

2) Nice SQ on the PO. The best PO I have heard, making the LO+T4 combo seems pointless. Even the SQ improvement on LO+3MOVE is not that obvious, especially on easily driven headphone.

3) LO quality is better than my Nano4's and Fuze's LO.

4) Firmware is not perfect, but fairly usable.

I will write up a full review after I spend more time with it.

Awesome!
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #73 of 3,682
I just bought a S9 like 6 weeks ago and now this cheap china DAP beats them all? Guess I have to buy it. Already ordered from mp4nation before, nothing to worry about. Except for local customs, of course
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #74 of 3,682
I do love the sound quality of the Sflo2. However, I am having problems regarding freezing.

My unit freezes 40% of the time. When I turn off, turn on, and auto turn off. I am thinking about returning it for a new unit.

I can say that if your SFlo2 works properly, it is truly a pretty amazing player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back