S:flo2 impressions thread
Oct 10, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #3,676 of 3,682
LOL @ the thread revival ... :wink:

But man ... best player I ever owned ... like a Unicorn(tm) really ... and all for about $140 back in the day ...

How is the batter life on it? Must be pretty low at this point ...

Enjoy it, though ...

Battery life is pretty fine. Easily last hours. Maybe because I dont use it much, maybe once in few months.

Has anyone ever used HD6xx/HD650 with SFlo2? Unable to find any impressions.

Oct 11, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #3,677 of 3,682
Battery life is pretty fine. Easily last hours. Maybe because I dont use it much, maybe once in few months.

My god I wish they would release a new one. Best DAP ever.

Oct 11, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #3,678 of 3,682

My HD600 worked fine on my sflo2 when I tested it a few months ago. But honestly it's not hard to drive as people want to make it believe, my fiio E5 does a fine job as well.

Edit: For what's it's worth I just made a blind test between the sflo and my k5 pro (fed by the sflo line out) and it's virtually impossibly to distinguish them when listening to the HD600. But the E5 would give the same result as well.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #3,679 of 3,682
My god I wish they would release a new one. Best DAP ever.

Or even just the same one... With a slightly faster processor and less crappy GUI... And maybe reduce the power of the line out a tiny bit.

I still have mine, maybe I should see if it still works.

Oct 13, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #3,680 of 3,682
I still have one, imo doesn't sound great through hp out, but perfectly good through line out, which is how I used it back in the day, paired with an ibasso P3 amp. Now I have an ibasso P5 amp and much better daps lol.

Oct 13, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #3,681 of 3,682
I still have one, imo doesn't sound great through hp out, but perfectly good through line out, which is how I used it back in the day, paired with an ibasso P3 amp. Now I have an ibasso P5 amp and much better daps lol.

Agreed. HO is not that great. LO is heavenly. By the way, is it mandatory to connect an amp after LO? What will happen is we directly connect LO to headphones (& use EQ sliders for volume control)?

Oct 13, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #3,682 of 3,682
Agreed. HO is not that great. LO is heavenly. By the way, is it mandatory to connect an amp after LO? What will happen is we directly connect LO to headphones (& use EQ sliders for volume control)?
The line out is 2V, it's a bit risky to use without an amp, but it might work with the equalizer. However there shouldn't be any noticeable difference in terms of SQ versus the headphone out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back