S:flo2 impressions thread
Oct 29, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #3,451 of 3,682

Quote:
I had no idea that MP4Nation quit stocking the S:flo 2. Mines going on a year and a half and is just fine but now I'm sort of worried about it breaking.  LOL ... guess I could settle for the T51 and it's lower capacity though. 

They are both the same, same factory different branding

Oct 29, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #3,452 of 3,682

Quote:
They are both the same, same factory different branding

As I understand it... the S:flo 2 has a higher total storage capacity than does the Teclast original. But that's not really too big of a deal to me. I'm gonna order another and shelve it for disaster preparedness. LOL. 

Oct 29, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #3,453 of 3,682
A question:

When adding new tracks to the player's storage, does the S:flo 2 automatically update it's library to include the new tracks? 

Reason I ask is that many times after I add new tracks and listen on "random" play, the player seems to play all the same tracks as were previously played in my former "random" play session. A little irksome, that as the new tracks I add seem to never enter rotation.

Anyone?

Oct 29, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #3,454 of 3,682
Are there any alternatives in the sub 300$ for Teclast T51/S:Flo2 sound-quality wise except HiFiMan 601 ? I mean, a same good or better audio player (all in one offering), not DAP+AMP combo...

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #3,455 of 3,682

Quote:
Are there any alternatives in the sub 300$ for Teclast T51/S:Flo2 sound-quality wise except HiFiMan 601 ? I mean, a same good or better audio player (all in one offering), not DAP+AMP combo...

Not to my knowledge , Fiio X3 was going to a killer player,price and sound quality wise, but it has been halted for good.

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #3,456 of 3,682
If you want to play the waiting game then  there is T59 and  Fiio is working on some DAP!!, or the simple solution is get yourself a HM601 and enjoy your music.
L3000.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #3,457 of 3,682
I noticed that when I try to play all tracks, the Sflo2 chooses to only shuffle among the songs loaded into the internal memory and not my microsd.  I haven't looked into it because I sorted everything into giant folders depending on genres and just choose the folder I want to listen to.

Quote:
A question:

When adding new tracks to the player's storage, does the S:flo 2 automatically update it's library to include the new tracks? 

Reason I ask is that many times after I add new tracks and listen on "random" play, the player seems to play all the same tracks as were previously played in my former "random" play session. A little irksome, that as the new tracks I add seem to never enter rotation.

Anyone?

Oct 30, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #3,458 of 3,682

Quote:
A question:

Anyone?

I remember having this issue with my Sflo2 as it would always replay the same tracks in the same order. I still don't understand how that can be called random, it's an oxymoron within itself lol.

Oct 30, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #3,459 of 3,682

Quote:
I noticed that when I try to play all tracks, the Sflo2 chooses to only shuffle among the songs loaded into the internal memory and not my microsd.  I haven't looked into it because I sorted everything into giant folders depending on genres and just choose the folder I want to listen to.

Just got it hours ago, you should  chose "update the media file" in music
it works

Oct 30, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #3,460 of 3,682

All my collection is flac,with album covers but non are showing in my new  T51, this is normal, firmware 2.3.

and on average how much time it take to charge it?

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #3,461 of 3,682
It should take 4 hours to fully charge. Album art won't show up on your files if they are over 160kbs which I think is dumb. Why would you put anything less than flac on such a capable device?

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #3,462 of 3,682

Quote:
It should take 4 hours to fully charge. Album art won't show up on your files if they are over 160kbs which I think is dumb. Why would you put anything less than flac on such a capable device?

Which way to charge you advise to use the adpter that came with it (1.5A!) or usb PC
Amen ......INSANELY CRAZY>dumb, this DAP is made for loss-less, album=160kps=@#!@#, no album=flac=max enjoyment=> F@#$#k album cover
its in love with my TTVJ Slim, expecting babies soon
beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #3,463 of 3,682

Quote:

Which way to charge you advise to use the adpter that came with it (1.5A!) or usb PC
Amen ......INSANELY CRAZY>dumb, this DAP is made for loss-less, album=160kps=@#!@#, no album=flac=max enjoyment=> F@#$#k album cover
its in love with my TTVJ Slim, expecting babies soon
beerchug.gif

This TTVJ Slim has peaked my interest. I've heard conflicting reviews though. One finds it superior to the UHA4 while another finds the differences subtle yet not worth the price difference. I think I'll just hold off until I really need another portable amp. :)

Oct 30, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #3,464 of 3,682

Quote:

This TTVJ Slim has peaked my interest. I've heard conflicting reviews though. One finds it superior to the UHA4 while another finds the differences subtle yet not worth the price difference. I think I'll just hold off until I really need another portable amp. :)

Check Jude's portable setup and you will know, it adds to the T51 an analogue feeling , but my T51 is still new so maybe things get better or....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back