S:flo2 impressions thread
Sep 30, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #3,347 of 3,682
Sep 30, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #3,348 of 3,682
Oct 1, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #3,350 of 3,682
If you're concerned then order from house of dap, they are legit and I'm sure the price is the same if not cheaper. Suprized hour jumping on the T51 bandwagon James. I'm a Hifiman infidel now lol.

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #3,351 of 3,682

Quote:
^ nice price, thank you very much. do you know if that site is trustable?
hate to reguster in site to do one sale only.

I just ordered one waiting for it to be shipped , so will update you!

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #3,352 of 3,682
I do like the player now (after burn in and USER setting to flat) .. seems to sound fuller/warmer/more harmonic rich compared to the Rockboxed Sansa Fuze. Thanks to all here for my questions ..especially cheng, lee and anaxilus.. I do have to keep pushing the envelope .. going to order the silver cables for the UE TF10 :)

Oct 3, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #3,353 of 3,682
I do like the player now (after burn in and USER setting to flat) .. seems to sound fuller/warmer/more harmonic rich compared to the Rockboxed Sansa Fuze. Thanks to all here for my questions ..especially cheng, lee and anaxilus.. I do have to keep pushing the envelope .. going to order the silver cables for the UE TF10 :)

I warn you against this if you don't want more treble. Silver cable will give you more treble (if its silver plated it will smooth out the treble instead). But you'll also get tighter bass and more intimacy in the mids.

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #3,354 of 3,682
I'm not sure how long I've had my S:flo 2 ... maybe 1.5 years or so? I do know, however, that I use it every single day (with an Arrow amp but sometimes just via it's headphone out).

I also know that I still consider it the best sounding, most "desktop" sounding (especially in regards to imaging and soundstage) DAP that I've ever heard. No kidding. Two DACs, it seems, really are better than one (sure, Teclast, go ahead and use that as your next marketing gimmick. You don't need it but still, you can have it) ... :wink:

I agree the UI is not the best. It def takes some work and 'getting to know' ... but re: sound? Top notch, indeed. 

Also, to echo/mirror other users comments/pics ... at this point, being a daily "beater" of sorts ... using it on my day job daily (an inhospitable environment to say the least) ... it's all busted to hell but continues to function (like any good Sonic Soldier(tm)) should!

(just last week, writing a blog at my favorite bar):

Enjoy! ...

:wink:

(and Rock!)

.j

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #3,355 of 3,682
I'm not sure how long I've had my S:flo 2 ... maybe 1.5 years or so? I do know, however, that I use it every single day (with an Arrow amp but sometimes just via it's headphone out).

I also know that I still consider it the best sounding, most "desktop" sounding (especially in regards to imaging and soundstage) DAP that I've ever heard. No kidding. Two DACs, it seems, really are better than one (sure, Teclast, go ahead and use that as your next marketing gimmick. You don't need it but still, you can have it) ... :wink:

I agree the UI is not the best. It def takes some work and 'getting to know' ... but re: sound? Top notch, indeed. 

Also, to echo/mirror other users comments/pics ... at this point, being a daily "beater" of sorts ... using it on my day job daily (an inhospitable environment to say the least) ... it's all busted to hell but continues to function (like any good Sonic Soldier(tm)) should!

(just last week, writing a blog at my favorite bar):

Enjoy! ...

(and Rock!)

.j

I wish I had as good of luck as you did sirrah lol. I babied the **** out of my stuff. Carrying it in an ipod rubber protector and screen protector for the screen. Yet I still ended up with 2 consecutive defective units, and no option for a working unit. I just had to accept a refund with no other option. I still found my audio nirvana with the hifiman 601. Even though it is a bit of a brick :wink:. Its a bit shorter than the Sflo2 but almost double as thick.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #3,356 of 3,682

Quote:
I warn you against this if you don't want more treble. Silver cable will give you more treble (if its silver plated it will smooth out the treble instead). But you'll also get tighter bass and more intimacy in the mids.

What about the Lune cable? I just ordered one from null.com

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #3,359 of 3,682
Oct 4, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #3,360 of 3,682

Quote:
A

A
 I babied the **** out of my stuff. Carrying it in an ipod rubber protector and screen protector for the screen. 

Luck of the draw, I suppose. All I've done is kept it safely (constantly) tucked away in one of the Nationite leather cases. But, as you can see from the photo ... I've still managed to beat the living ***** out of it. I seriously abuse it on a daily basis. The one nice thing is that the screen is still 100% scratch free (thanks to that neato and rather sexy smelling leather case) ... LOL. 

I've stopped using my Arrow at the day job cause on one hand, the S:flo 2 sounds nearly as good (only minus the delicious bass of the Arrow and secondly, because I fried the inputs on my first Arrow from all the manual labor and keeping the stack in my nomex coverall pockets. 

Totally still stoked on the S:flo 2 ... I'll miss it if it ever dies and will then buy another the very next few minutes after. 

Rock.

.j

Users who are viewing this thread

Back