S:flo2 impressions thread
Sep 5, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #2,401 of 3,682

Quote:
ownta.houseofdap

Thanks bro, have placed an order. I am eager to see how it compares with my iriver/sysconcept/d10 combo.

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #2,402 of 3,682
This new firmware upgrade is really something....I traded away my Alo RX a while back because I felt it improved the sound of the S:Flo2 minimally. I'm comparing the HO out of my S:Flo2 and my netbook-->iBasso D4 right now and I think I might even like the S:Flo2 more.

At under $200 I think the S:Flo2 might just be one of the best deals in portable audio.

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #2,403 of 3,682

Quote:
At under $200 I think the S:Flo2 might just be one of the best deals in portable audio.

Considering I paid $109 for mine and got M1s for free I can't complain.  Honestly, that combination alone might be the best $109 you can spend period on a portable setup.  I'm glad I went through the 3rd batch wait.

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #2,405 of 3,682
Intending to use the line out so was wondering which of these amps will give me the best details and clarity when paired with sflo 2?

1. iqube
2. ibasso d10
3. ibasso toucan
4. p51 mustang
5. ibasso t3d or t4?

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #2,406 of 3,682
I have not heard any of the listed amps. However, I have tried the ibasso D3, the cMoy 2.2, the ALO Rx and the tomahawk. 
IMO the only portable that provides any improvement over the HO was the Rx, and that mas marginal, to the point that I find myself not bothering to carry it around.  

Quote:
Intending to use the line out so was wondering which of these amps will give me the best details and clarity when paired with sflo 2?

1. iqube
2. ibasso d10
3. ibasso toucan
4. p51 mustang
5. ibasso t3d or t4?

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #2,407 of 3,682
Sep 6, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #2,409 of 3,682
Pardon me for not reading the entire thread. Can this baby accept 32gb cards? Or do they even make 32gb cards? I might have to get one of these. I'm currently using an iPhone 4 + ALO lod and sr71a. I bet ditching the iPhone 4 for this would really make a major improvement. Even though I'm perfectly happy with my current setup, if I could improve it for not a lot of money, then why not?

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #2,411 of 3,682
Thanks for clarification. I don't really know...that's a good question. iPhone can't do FLAC? Does the sflo2 support 24 bit audio tracks?

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #2,412 of 3,682

Quote:
Thanks for clarification. I don't really know...that's a good question. iPhone can't do FLAC? Does the sflo2 support 24 bit audio tracks?

The iPhone supports ALAC which should sound exactly the same. The S:Flo 2 does not support 24 bit audio.

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #2,413 of 3,682

Quote:

1. iqube
2. ibasso d10
3. ibasso toucan
4. p51 mustang
5. ibasso t3d or t4?

I think it's easy to say you can scratch the t3d/t4/d10 off your list. I'd maybe give the toucan in balanced mode a shot if I were you.

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #2,414 of 3,682

Quote:
The iPhone supports ALAC which should sound exactly the same. The S:Flo 2 does not support 24 bit audio.

True about the FLAC/ALAC point. Unfortunate about no 24 bit. Would the sflo2 not provide a considerable SQ boost? Would this not be reason enough? Also, if I got a 16gb model and a 32gb card, I could carry considerably more tunes than my 32gb iPhone. I don't know though. I might start looking for these in the FS forum. They're already pretty cheap anyway. So, I could probably get it at a steal buying used. Something to consider.

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #2,415 of 3,682

Quote:
True about the FLAC/ALAC point. Unfortunate about no 24 bit. Would the sflo2 not provide a considerable SQ boost? Would this not be reason enough? Also, if I got a 16gb model and a 32gb card, I could carry considerably more tunes than my 32gb iPhone. I don't know though. I might start looking for these in the FS forum. They're already pretty cheap anyway. So, I could probably get it at a steal buying used. Something to consider.

That is true; they are pretty cheap compared to other players. IMO it is a great device if you hook it up to other components like amps and things of that nature. I wouldn't particularly want to use the sflo2 / t51 as my main portable rig but instead as a part of a transportable. 

Having it hooked up to an amp and full sized cans in the lbirary is great; amazing sound quality that rivals desktop setups. (YMMV) However when out and about using other devices like phones (I'm going to use my Captivate, you could use your iPHone for example) would be better as it has a better UI and you can access things quicker while still getting great SQ. 

I never really had any gripes with mine; i guess that is because I never used it while I was "on the go" and always had an amp strapped to it. That way I had "time" to go through the menus and find the stuff I wanted. Speed wasn't a main factor for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back