S:flo2 impressions thread
Sep 2, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #2,387 of 3,682
Currently I have a er4p, I was wondering if the sflo2 can drive the er4s well without amp. Is it worth to spend that 20 or so dollar on the adaptor and experience some improve.  I can purchase a p - s adaptor for less than 20 in ebay.  What do you guys think?

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #2,388 of 3,682

Quote:
Currently I have a er4p, I was wondering if the sflo2 can drive the er4s well without amp. Is it worth to spend that 20 or so dollar on the adaptor and experience some improve.  I can purchase a p - s adaptor for less than 20 in ebay.  What do you guys think?

Yes the s:flo2 drives the E4Ps quite nicely. HOwever when using the P/S adapter and the DAP only, I would get it to max volume and it wouldn't be too loud; actually my normal listening volume. I would say to wait until you get an amp to use with the 4Ss.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #2,391 of 3,682

Quote:
Thank you young spade, I will stick with the er4p for now.  

No problem man. But just so you know, when you hook up the S adapter, the frequency response evens out a bit. The treble spike and bass increase even out and the mids come up into the sound. If I'm listening to classical, acoustic, or anything "natural", (Which is why I got the ER4P/Ss anyway), then I'm using the S adapter with an amp. 

Sep 3, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #2,392 of 3,682
btw: I changed 2.3 black n blue to pure n simple 2.3 because It looks better..... I did not sucessfully update s:flo2 on win7 but still my notebook with windows Vista 32bit updated s:flo2 without any problems and without formatting the drive

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #2,393 of 3,682
Hey I just got one of these out of curiosity and was prepared for some bugs quirks but I've yet to encounter any maybe its because I'm only using mp3 so far and tags work fine ?

I see people have problems scrolling I just wondered if you realize the scroll works from the point your finger touches the screen to the point it stops or leaves the screen not like other touch screens where it continues scrolling with a flick or after you remove your finger, if you keep your finger touching the full length of the screen it will start and stop where your finger does and will be smooth no matter what text scroll speed you set

Now I just got to decide whether to go from 2.20 to 2.30 is there a big difference ?

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #2,394 of 3,682
Yeah, I've said before I wish it had an iPhone-like scroll but that's how it is. Scroll speed 1 makes for the least judder so I just leave it at that.

Since 2.0 the only real bugs left are the crap way it messes with your lists unless you browse by directory (and use something like DriveSort to ensure everything is listed in the correct order). The general consensus seems to be that 2.3 sounds better than 2.2. I've been updating since 2.0 and not regretted it, so I'd say go for it. It'll look identical since all the themes since 2.0 have been updated with each release.

Sep 4, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #2,396 of 3,682

Quote:
No problem man. But just so you know, when you hook up the S adapter, the frequency response evens out a bit. The treble spike and bass increase even out and the mids come up into the sound. If I'm listening to classical, acoustic, or anything "natural", (Which is why I got the ER4P/Ss anyway), then I'm using the S adapter with an amp. 

I honestly don't like the sound of the 'P' myself.  It's 'S' or nothing for me.

Sep 5, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #2,398 of 3,682
Anyone knows where else i could get a t51 online? mp4nation is out of stock.

Sep 5, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #2,400 of 3,682

Quote:
Since 2.0 the only real bugs left are the crap way it messes with your lists unless you browse by directory (and use something like DriveSort to ensure everything is listed in the correct order).

Are you saying your artist are only in alphabetical order when using browse by directory because the Artist option on mine is identical to browse by directory both in alphabetical order ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back