RUIZU A50 HD - anyone know anything about this player? Or what do you think?
May 13, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #121 of 139
I have the newest firmware and I think the album art has become more reliable. I have the folder.jpg as well ...no embedded art. I like that the art is larger in the new firmware. I still have a problem with some albums saying no artist, no album. I have no idea what needs to be corrected on my end. I have been unable to figure out what might be different in the tags.

I find that a lot of MP3 files have tags embedded in both the ID3v1 format and ID3v2.3 together. A lot of DAPs either get confused or default to the v1 tags. The tagging software I use on my Mac (Kid3) shows the information from both tags if they are present and enables me to quickly delete the v1 tags and I’ve had no problem with my A50 since doing this.

Older software I have on an old PC laptop (MP3tag) routinely produces tags that confuse the A50.

May 13, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #122 of 139
I have a Ruizu A50, and I am quite happy with it. I do not keep up with the album art, and I use it for late night listening, and the battery life is really very good. My only complaint is that firmware updates are not very often, hard to find, and hard to install.

May 14, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #123 of 139
I find that a lot of MP3 files have tags embedded in both the ID3v1 format and ID3v2.3 together. A lot of DAPs either get confused or default to the v1 tags. The tagging software I use on my Mac (Kid3) shows the information from both tags if they are present and enables me to quickly delete the v1 tags and I’ve had no problem with my A50 since doing this.

Older software I have on an old PC laptop (MP3tag) routinely produces tags that confuse the A50.
I used dbpoweramp to rip all my cd's to FLAC, and album arts came up on other devices. I might have a glitch in the firmware, but when I downloaded the most up to date firmware from Ruizu to try and overwrite the firmware, the player says theres nothing on the sd card. I've emailed the amazon seller for more information

Oct 20, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #126 of 139
"Dear, Baidu network disk is being upgraded... Please forgive us for the inconvenience, we will come back later"
Like I said I tried this and that is one of the messages.
Maybe someone that already downloaded the files and can share it somehow. Thanks.

Oct 21, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #127 of 139
"Dear, Baidu network disk is being upgraded... Please forgive us for the inconvenience, we will come back later"
Like I said I tried this and that is one of the messages.
Maybe someone that already downloaded the files and can share it somehow. Thanks.
Apparently i need to create an account with Baidu but does not accept UK numbers. Why this company Ruizu is not offering a simple support to download the firmware i have no idea :rage::rage::rage:

Oct 21, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #128 of 139
Jan 11, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #130 of 139
Two questions:
Is the Agptek H50 firmware better for the Ruizu A50 (than the stock one)?
Why can't I browse my music in the category section? It says "No playslists found"
I can only play the music using the folder view.

Thanks in advance

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #131 of 139
Two questions:
Is the Agptek H50 firmware better for the Ruizu A50 (than the stock one)?
Why can't I browse my music in the category section? It says "No playslists found"
I can only play the music using the folder view.

Thanks in advance

Go to the Settings section and choose Create Playlist. It will then begin updating your music library. I know, we usually think of a Playlist as being something else... a list of songs we create, but in this case it will index everything using the tags and then you will be able to use the Category section. Unfortunately, any albums that you access through Artist View or Album View will only show the songs inside each album in alphabetical order. Because of that I only use Folder View. I have seen this with other inexpensive Daps.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #132 of 139
Go to the Settings section and choose Create Playlist. It will then begin updating your music library. I know, we usually think of a Playlist as being something else... a list of songs we create, but in this case it will index everything using the tags and then you will be able to use the Category section. Unfortunately, any albums that you access through Artist View or Album View will only show the songs inside each album in alphabetical order. Because of that I only use Folder View. I have seen this with other inexpensive Daps.

Great, that worked!
And it is true that the songs are in alphabetical order, what a shame... any solution to this another firmware/using a software like mp3dirsorter...?

Jan 11, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #133 of 139
Great, that worked!
And it is true that the songs are in alphabetical order, what a shame... any solution to this another firmware/using a software like mp3dirsorter...?

I have used FAT Sorter so that the Albums will be in alphabetical order in Folder View. If you filled your card all at once from an alphabetic list on your PC, they will be in order. Otherwise they will just be in order of when they were written to the card. FAT Sorter takes care of that. I suppose, even in Folder View the songs are only in the proper album order because they are have 01, 02 etc. at the beginning.

Let me know if a different sorter fixes the problem with the Category view.

I have never tried using firmware from another model on any of my daps. Someone else would have to try first.

I tend to prefer folder view anyway. I do use Artist view sometimes on daps that have two cards so I can have it all listed together.... plus I am more likely to have multiple albums by an artist on my larger capacity daps.

I only wish this had gapless play but as it is I just do not put gapless albums on it. I have other DAPs that will play those properly.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #134 of 139
I have tried DriveSort with no luck. But I have just realized that all the names on the Category view are cut (for example, "Frank Sina")... Does this happen to you too?

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #135 of 139
I have tried DriveSort with no luck. But I have just realized that all the names on the Category view are cut (for example, "Frank Sina")... Does this happen to you too?

Yes it it does ...except for artists like Beck... that fits :) As I prefer folder view anyway that doesn't really bother me. I can't use Category if the songs will not play in the proper order. I am strictly an album listener. I kind of like it that the next album will start after one finishes. That makes it perfect to use for sleeping if I want plus I get about 20 hours of battery life. And the small size is good for that purpose as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back