RUIZU A50 HD - anyone know anything about this player? Or what do you think?
Mar 2, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #92 of 139
Yeah, I don't think you'll regret your purchase. It's a beautifully made device, especially considering the price. Also, I've noticed that it finds all my (flac) files, no matter the quality etc. Something that my Fiio M3 couldn't manage.
Indeed, the equalizer doesn't do a lot.

There is plenty of room for improvement in the software department. Still, given the hardware and audio quality I think it's a good investment.

I hope so.

Wrecked my first dap, an Xduoo X2, cos I ripped the wires from the JST connector when trying to disconnect the battery to try and get it to power up. I am an idiot!

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #94 of 139
Wow - thanks for that cos now I don't feel so bad!

Gutted about the X2 - I'd buy a new battery and connector to try and get it going but there are so many sizes of connector I'm not certain which one will fit the board of the X2 ( 1.2mm, 1.5mm 2.0mm.....)

Mar 2, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #96 of 139
Hi mbwilson
Elsewhere, you mentioned that you have Koss Pro4S, how do they pair with A50?

I will try the combination this weekend. i have been wanting to get out the Koss anyway. I don't think I have used them together as I have other daps, headphone, iems, buds, amps.. Mny possible pairings. I do remember a long listening session using the Ruizu with my NAD HP50 and being very impressed.

I don't keep a log but I suddenly realized that some people probably do. I just get into the music and enjoy it with whatever gear I am using at the time. I am a bad headfier!

Mar 2, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #97 of 139
Thank you for that mbwilson. I recently purchased both the A50 & Koss Pro4S but I feel that something is missing (ie some deficiency) it could be me or just poor combination. btw, the EQ is off since EQ on my A50 is non-functional.

Mar 2, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #98 of 139
Thank you for that mbwilson. I recently purchased both the A50 & Koss Pro4S but I feel that something is missing (ie some deficiency) it could be me or just poor combination. btw, the EQ is off since EQ on my A50 is non-functional.

I would expect it to need more power. I will try it soonish.

Mar 2, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #99 of 139
Hi mbwilson
Elsewhere, you mentioned that you have Koss Pro4S, how do they pair with A50?

I don't know what other gear you have to choose from because your profile is not filled out. I hope you have other options. I did not like the Koss with the Ruizu. Like you said it feels lacking in some way. A little lifeless maybe? It was loud enough at 18 but volume is not the whole story with these things. I don't think the Koss is getting the power that it needs. I plugged my KEF M500 into the Ruizu and it sounds great with it... volume set at 14. I am now listening to the Koss with my little Hidizs AP60 MKII and that is also sounding great . I am using the same songs I used with the Ruizu. I also tried the Koss with the Cayin but I already knew that it had enough power and is a good pairing. The Hidizs has a lower rated output than the Cayin and yet it sounds equally good with the Koss. Confused yet? I am :)

I guess what I am saying is there is nothing wrong with the Ruizu or the Koss. Just not a good combination... for me anyway... and you... It is all about being able to enjoy the music and forget about the gear. I don't normally purposely look for faults in anything. I rarely attempt this type of comparison. You caught me when I had some spare time and had not yet picked out something else to listen with :) Been getting into buds a lot lately.

I normally use the Ruizu with IEMs or buds... and lower impedance efficient portable headphones. It is really great with small iems for sleeping because it plays through the folders and I get around 20 hours out of it.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #100 of 139
Personally if I had to have just one, I'd choose the Benjie T6 but that's because I listen to plenty of things that need gapless playback. As far as form factor goes both are rather small and I'd guess have about the same internal volume because the T6 is taller but only about ⅔ as thick and maybe ¾ as wide. Neither has outstanding firmware but neither has bad either. Both have quirks that I think are more cultural than poor design choices. While the wheel is a unique way to implement up / down its not really better nor worse than separate buttons. So if gapless isn't important either is a decent choice in the around $50-ish price range.

Edit: I should add that I've seen a number of people mentioning that they require separate buttons for volume control for exercise playback use. In that case I think that the T6 will be the better choice. It has separate buttons. The A50 uses the wheel which is still active with the screen off and no lock functionality or physical button.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #102 of 139
I don't know what other gear you have to choose from because your profile is not filled out. I hope you have other options. I did not like the Koss with the Ruizu. Like you said it feels lacking in some way. A little lifeless maybe? It was loud enough at 18 but volume is not the whole story with these things. I don't think the Koss is getting the power that it needs. I plugged my Keff M500 into the Ruizu and it sound great... volume set at 14. I am now listening to the Koss with my little Hidizs AP60 MKII and it is sounding great now... using the same songs I tried with the Ruizu. I also tried the Koss with the Cayin but I already knew that it had enough power and is a good pairing. The Hidizs has a lower rated output than the Cayin and yet it sounds equally good with the Koss. Confused yet? I am :)

I guess what I am saying is there is nothing wrong with the Ruizu or the Koss. Just not a good combination... for me anyway... and you... It is all about being able to enjoy the music and forget about the gear. I don't normally purposely look for faults in anything. I rarely attempt this type of comparison. You caught me when I had some spare time and had not yet picked out something else to listen with :) Been getting into buds a lot lately.

I normally use the Ruizu with IEMs or buds... and lower impedance efficient portable headphones. It is really great with small iems for sleeping because it plays through the folders and I get around 20 hours out of it.

Thank you for your reply. Sry about blank profile, I will update it in the near future.

I also have Sony A25, and a budget Philips on-ear hp's. I will digg out Sony A25 next week and try them with Koss.

Mar 4, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #103 of 139
Guys - my A50 has arrived but am i being a bit dim, as i dont know which button is the 'select' button to go into a menu?

I'm using the wheel to scroll through the various menu options but what do i do to select? It appears its on the wheel somehow but i dont wanna press anything to hard and break it.

Help!

Mar 4, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #104 of 139
Guys - my A50 has arrived but am i being a bit dim, as i dont know which button is the 'select' button to go into a menu?

I'm using the wheel to scroll through the various menu options but what do i do to select? It appears its on the wheel somehow but i dont wanna press anything to hard and break it.

Help!
Press the wheel in towards the player at a 45° angle. A long press pauses the player. A short press selects and also brings up an "Options" menu if a file is playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back