RUIZU A50 HD - anyone know anything about this player? Or what do you think?
Jul 26, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #16 of 139
I received my IQQ C18 and the Nintaus X10 but It seems something went wrong with my Ruizu A50 package.
They want me to pay €23 taxes but the package is nowhere to be found :frowning2:

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #17 of 139
I received my IQQ C18 and the Nintaus X10 but It seems something went wrong with my Ruizu A50 package.
They want me to pay €23 taxes but the package is nowhere to be found :frowning2:

That is horrible :frowning2:

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #18 of 139
That is horrible :frowning2:
Yeah; sleepless nights and all my last hair pulled out :frowning2:
It needs to be delivered quickly because I'm starting to gnaw on my nails....

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #19 of 139
Yeah; sleepless nights and all my last hair pulled out :frowning2:
It needs to be delivered quickly because I'm starting to gnaw on my nails....

Uh-oh...

It had better turn up soon! It has to be somewhere...

Mine arrived from Penon 8 days after I ordered. Last year my xDuoo x3 took more than three weeks but finally arrived.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #20 of 139
I finally got my Ruizu A50, Yay!
The customs department spoilt it a bit but let's forget that now.

First impressions.
+ Looks great.
+ Relatively heavy, built like a tank which gives it a feel of quality.
+ When you switch it on it opens in last track on the position it was last.
- Manual is only in Chinese.
- Sharp corners but not really irritating.
- Tried Settings\Create Playlist 5 times and let it finish but the device doesn't see any playlist.
The result is I can only play through Folder View.
- The classification menu and the Music menu contain identical choices which do nothing.
- The scroll wheel distinguishes between short press and long press.
Long press is play/pause and short press is a menu with Add to Playlist and Delete.
I would have prefered that to work the opposite way.
- As with many Chinese players the bottom button is next track and the top button is previous track.
- The scroll wheel also works opposite to what you would expect.
- No Low/High gain setting.
- The A50's processor is too weak so it responds quite sluggish.
- No setting for when buttons are active in which situation.
- My first impression is it is somewhat lacking in the lower bass department. (tried it with the Fiio EX1v2).

A lot of minuses but many are the same with many other Chinese players and for this price I'm not unhappy with it.

My firmware version is 1.101.10 (2017-06-05).

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #21 of 139
Anyone know if this is USB out enabled or not?

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #22 of 139
I'm gonna answer my own question about the line out as it doesn't have one, so no chance to use with Mojo like my M1s. However it's got enough 'juice' to power my Seahf 400ohm buds at 40% volume, normally use about 15% for my Icarus 3's etc. Sounds really nice with the buds tho, only had it running for about 3-4 hours so hopefully it'll just sound better the more it burns in! Only cost £42.74 from Penon and took about 8 days to get to UK

https://penonaudio.com/music-mp3-players/Pocket/RUIZU-A50

IMG_0420.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #23 of 139
I have other daps but I love how small this is. I do hope they update it at some point to do gapless play. This feature seems to be rare on inexpensive players. I do have it on my xDuoo x3 but only because I have rockboxed it - which of course also corrects the pitch error in the stock firmware.

Anyway, happy to have the A50.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #27 of 139
Hey guys.

Just a quick question about the firmware updates for this. I've recently bought the Ruizu X50 for my partner and I'm wanting the A50 for myself, but I can't seem to find out where you update the firmware from?

There has not been an update. Mine is V1.101.10 June,28 2017

The "Obscure Chinese Daps" thread may have more info

Oct 20, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #29 of 139
But when there is/might be a update, where do you download it from?

Someone said the Ruizu site but it is difficult to navigate ...I am sure that if there is one someone will post here. I will. Not holding my breath though. It is my understanding that many of the inexpensive daps never get updated so I plan to just enjoy it as it is. I have other daps but I got the Ruizu because it is so pocketable. I do not put albums on it that require gapless play.

Oct 20, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #30 of 139
Yeah it's on www.ruizu.com.cn but when I download it and try to install it, it says "MSI.CAB file is missing" so no idea.

I only wanted to try and update the X50 because the Bluetooth mode wouldn't connect to my Beats Pill. It connects and then the player resets. So I thought they might be a update to correct this maybe.

Thanks for replying anyway Wilson. How is the A50 anyway? It's does look a bargain at £55 so I'll probably just go ahead and order it today. Do you get a screen protector with it by the way? Also do you have the case you can get for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back