YAY

Here is the link again :

Rudistor RP5 Review

Ready to handle couple phone calls?
wink.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #33 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
any hiss with low impedance headphones? My finger is hovering over the buy button for use with my ps-1.

There is some "humm" with the Sony CD3000 but nothing with the Grado headphones. Absolutely nothing with the Senn HD-650. I didnt have the power conditioner on the power supply end when I used the Rudistor with the CD-3000 so I dont know if there could have been some improvement there...

Phone calls - if you have anything specific you'd like to know feel free to call me.

Cheers!
cool.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 3:06 AM Post #34 of 67
Thanks for the review. Looking forward to the rest of it. From the pictures I can see why this amp gets really hot. Almost no ventilation for the tubes except for the top slits. I don't see any hole at the bottom or side that would let air in and chimney the hot air out the top. And as mentioned in your review, the transistors are directly coupled to the sides of the chassis. The amp would probably benefit from finned heatshinks on both sides of the enclosure.

It is a very nice looking amp, especially black like yours. Tempting.

Jun 8, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #35 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Phone calls - if you have anything specific you'd like to know feel free to call me.

Cheers!
cool.gif

Well.. I don't, but this auntie next door might have something specific to ask you
wink.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #36 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince
Well.. I don't, but this auntie next door might have something specific to ask you
wink.gif

Sure she can call me. But unless you have something specific to this review to add or share please refrain from..um..diluting ths discussion...and...um...passing around my phone number to the attractive ladies in your neighbourhood
wink.gif

LOL

Jun 8, 2004 at 3:57 AM Post #38 of 67
Nice review....well done.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #39 of 67
I like the pics best
smily_headphones1.gif
Looking forward to more pics when you update it
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 4:59 AM Post #41 of 67
Very nice review so far. I do have one question though. The source you use is on the thin, edgy side from my auditions with it and I wondered if this doesnt handicap a revealing and neutral amp like the MAX. I owned a MOH and it was not happy with a source with a harsher treble. Your review descriptions reminded me of my opinion of the MOH when I used it with a stock sony scd- 775. Are you going to be trying the amps with a more upscale source at some point? I havent read the whole thread as I lost interest when I couldnt get the review to load before tonight, so maybe you already answered this question.

Jun 8, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #42 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
There is some "humm" with the Sony CD3000 but nothing with the Grado headphones. Absolutely nothing with the Senn HD-650. I didnt have the power conditioner on the power supply end when I used the Rudistor with the CD-3000 so I dont know if there could have been some improvement there...

ok, that scares me. So with the grado is it like nothing, nothing (dead silent) or like ppa nothing(which to me is alot) I really don't want to buy a power conditioner.

Jun 8, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #43 of 67
Earl, there will be a lot of good sources at the upcoming meet in Florida on the 26th, as well as more ears to give the RP5 a good audition. Even under meet conditions, there should be a chance to put it through the paces since the Florida crowd is never in a hurry to go anywhere once they get started!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back