Rudistor RP5 Review : Work In Progress so please bear with me
Jun 9, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #61 of 67
Nothing too fancy...nothing too simple...how does this look?
wink.gif

RudistorCover.jpg

Jun 9, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #62 of 67
I like the cover gs, way to go.

By the way, thanks for recommending the RP5 to me. I couldn't be happier with it. I look forward to the observations that will be gathered in the upcoming Florida meet. Please keep me posted.

Take care,
Geo

Jun 9, 2004 at 12:29 PM Post #63 of 67
Gsf
from your review and other postings i imagine the sound of rp5 to be qutie authoritative ... would you say also it's natural (that's my preference ) or at least make hd650 sound natural
or would you say it's an "heavy" amp ( and it make hd650 sound impressive )

+ there's some air in the sound or it is very tuby ?

Jun 9, 2004 at 3:58 PM Post #64 of 67
Cool stuff.

What's also interesting is that there are plenty of opportunities for modding... replace that cheap radioshack pot with a ladder attenuator, those Daewoo caps with Blackgates, those signal path poly caps with Auricaps -- you get the idea
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #65 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
Gsf
from your review and other postings i imagine the sound of rp5 to be qutie authoritative ... would you say also it's natural (that's my preference ) or at least make hd650 sound natural
or would you say it's an "heavy" amp ( and it make hd650 sound impressive )

+ there's some air in the sound or it is very tuby ?

It will not make the HD-650 sound like the Omega-2 + KGSS combo for sure
wink.gif

BUT it is very natural sounding without being "HEAVY" which I assume is the term you use to define what I call "CONGESTED" sound.

It is not congested at all...very very free sounding compared to the PPA/MAX/GRACE etc.

Cheers!

Jun 9, 2004 at 4:31 PM Post #66 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
Cool stuff.

What's also interesting is that there are plenty of opportunities for modding... replace that cheap radioshack pot with a ladder attenuator, those Daewoo caps with Blackgates, those signal path poly caps with Auricaps -- you get the idea
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm just a listener, not a designer, I had amps (like Angstrom) with incredible premium components inside, but a lot of time that I do not think more in that things. The designer (a very designer projectist) do not build thinking to a brand of a cap or a pot... (this also Sir. Tim De Paravicini told me ...): the 95% of the sound of an amp is the "idea" of his creator ...

And more... some of audiophil components are surely very good, but not so neutral as commercial components...

And more: in the little power supply of my portable Canon printer, that black box, there are inside Nichicon (audiophile) capacitors ... !!! ??? The same used in the EAR HP-4 ... (?!).

As a simple listener I let the designer any freedom to use what he prefer...

I just can to do my tuberolling for the finest tuning of the osund I prefer...

Just my HO !

Best!
Nicola

Jun 9, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #67 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
It will not make the HD-650 sound like the Omega-2 + KGSS combo for sure
wink.gif

BUT it is very natural sounding without being "HEAVY" which I assume is the term you use to define what I call "CONGESTED" sound.

It is not congested at all...very very free sounding compared to the PPA/MAX/GRACE etc.

Cheers!

thanks this clarify a bit things to me

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik
I just can to do my tuberolling for the finest tuning of the osund I prefer...

man you're tooooo much a lucky man you know ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back