Rudistor realeased a new flagship amp
Mar 29, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #31 of 172
They see my Beta...they hatin...

I saw a Ferrari the other day at the dealership, it was full of fail. The leather felt really stiff, the pedals were too close together, and the stereo was too loud.  Wish I could afford one.

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #32 of 172

Quote:
Here is what i paid for the T2 chassis

NC machine time per chassis   $630   (10.5 hours @ 60/hour)  Standard price, virtually all machine shops charge this or less
polishing per chassis                $200  (AMS finishing, south side of chicago, amazing work)
anodizing   per chassis             $100  (ATA anodizing in skokie, IL  one of the biggest and best)
All chassis parts including 2 tops, 2 bottoms, 2 fronts, 2 backs, 4 heatsinks, 4 transistor angle brackets, material for 2 stax jacks and 1 knob
                                               $382
(all of the custom extrusions came from M&M metals in Texas which last time i checked was still part of the USA)

total                                        $1312  per chassis

Is this what you're referring to?

se

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #33 of 172
Mar 29, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #34 of 172
Pretty sure this chassis cost more than yours to do.

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #36 of 172
Just to conclude the argument( at least from my side)

1-For the friend who plan to drop by to HK show room, i must say I'll leave on friday, sorry.
2-About potentiometer, I agree with Gilmore, it's not attractive to see, but a 4 section potentiometer must be long and never nice.
Dact are very nice to see but do not give enough precision in volume adjustment so I never use it ,(is  hard to find the right volume level ) The RK114
( that cost much more then 9 $?? ) apart to be practically the only 4 section pot really available on regular production, have the great advantage to be 
modular, so form a bunch ( I buy stock of original Japan made straight from their German branch) i can select the better matching 
sections for left to right precision and phase to phase precision, we set our limit in 0.02dB. 
The motor ( easy to dismount ) is left in place in order to make possible a future upgrade to remote control
3-The power resistors are placed on the edge of the bottom plate, close so the side heatsinks so almost all of heat goes straight to the the side wings.
4-A top quality switching power supply, who have the  working frequency far away for audio spectrum without any measurable EMI, followed by a traditional RC filter based on capacitance multiplier, deliver the cleanest DC supply, and it's totally insulated by the main AC noise,  and even immune from most common ground problems,most of  the ultra expensive "power conditioners" work on this principle apart of battery backup/buffer option. Listen to believe. 

Regards to all of you guys 
Rudi Stor

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #40 of 172
Looks nice next to your others silver gear...

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #41 of 172
Looks nice next to your others silver gear...

It does look really purdy.

I've always preferred silver as dust just shows up so much more on black.

I guess black amps do look better in the shade. (Shameless 80's music reference here...any Gino Vanelli fans?). :p

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #44 of 172
Quote:Originally Posted by Alex_O Rules 

"I'm not weighing in on the arguments either, but great job on the casing baka.  It looks really good."

Thanks. Fishski13 did the work. We collaborated on the design. I did a (very) little internal post-op work on it.

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #45 of 172
who wants to discuss your 'pedestrian' amp Ross?  i want to see the pics of the Bellatone's gutz. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back