Rudistor realeased a new flagship amp
Mar 29, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #48 of 172
Quote:Originally Posted by fishski13 

"who wants to discuss your 'pedestrian' amp Ross?  i want to see the pics of the Bellatone's gutz."

I love my "pedestrian" amp. Thanks. LoL

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #49 of 172

Quote:
Looks very nice Baka.  Is it a 2 channel or 3 channel?

Fishski, I will try to take some good ones within the week and put them on the AMB forum.

thanks.  i really appreciate that and i'm sure everyone else would.  while i'm not a fan of SA, i'm interested in how you motorized it.

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #50 of 172
Quote:Originally Posted by IPodPJ 

"Looks very nice Baka.  Is it a 2 channel or 3 channel?
Fishski, I will try to take some good ones within the week and put them on the AMB forum."

Three channel, two chassis. Fishski13 can fill you in on more of the specifics and what work/upgrades needed to be done. It's sounds damn good. Better than when I first received it and the best solid state amp I've had the pleasure of listening to. It is a testament of the AMB design.

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #51 of 172
Steve,
isn't it boring in the MOT skybox
wink.gif
?

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #52 of 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishski13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

isn't it boring in the MOT skybox
wink.gif
?

Unbelievably boring.

Ho hum.

Oh darn. The twins have found me again.

Back to the boredom.

Thanks for this brief interlude of excitement.

biggrin.gif

se

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #54 of 172
Quote:Originally Posted by Steve Eddy 

Unbelievably boring.
"Ho hum.
Oh darn. The twins have found me again.

Back to the boredom.
Thanks for this brief interlude of excitement.

se"

The one on the right looks like my ex wife. Mostly. LoL You can have her. She's VERY expensive. I suggest selling several thousand of those amps (monthly) to keep her happy. Lmao

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #55 of 172

Quote:
The one on the right looks like my ex wife. Mostly. LoL You can have her. She's VERY expensive. I suggest selling several thousand of those amps (monthly) to keep her happy. Lmao

Oh I'm not worried. PJ's picking up the tab.
biggrin.gif

And for the record, I have no financial interest in the amp.

se

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #56 of 172
Quote:
thanks.  i really appreciate that and i'm sure everyone else would.  while i'm not a fan of SA, i'm interested in how you motorized it.

That's easy to answer.  The motor drive is made by Bent Audio.  It's specifically for the DACT attenuators.  It also comes with a remote board, an IR receiver,
and an inexpensive remote control.  I made a custom IR receiver for this amp though, and a remote control that matches the chassis.

http://bentaudio.com/index2.html

Stepped attenuators like the DACT are limited to 23 steps, but they sound excellent and I was able to motorize it like I wanted so it can be controlled by hand or with the remote.  You can't do that with an RK50 as far as I know, and also it isn't available readily anymore so I didn't want to go that route.
With a gain of 2, I don't feel like I am missing any steps whatsoever.  People that use a higher gain sometimes have an issue with that though.  However if you are using something like a Logitech Transporter as your source, you can attenuate up to -23dB without a loss of signal, and pretty close to that with a Squeezebox.

Mar 30, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #59 of 172
Quote:Originally Posted by IPodPJ 

"I'll pick up the tab alright, for a cheap transvestite. :wink:"

You'll have to ask Eddie Murphy about that. LoL.

Listening with the B22. Hit shuffle, had a Yuengling and am relaxing.

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #60 of 172
How's the sound of the 030?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back