Rudistor launches Coriolan: the ultimate amp for HE90/O2
Jan 8, 2008 at 12:45 PM Post #91 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where there is roam, there is sacd lover to kiss his ass. Typical. Reminds me of the bada thread allover.

You should be the one who should be embarassed. Defending a guy that is obviously verbal abusive. tells more about you then about me.

He never owned the professional designers who modded my bada, so back off.

They really laughed very loud about his idiotic ideas. period.

In every thread he tries to take things over and spread the word. i haven't seen one thread where he didn't put a designer or an amp down. period.

Now, i leave you two lovebirds to yourself, obviously you're both full of yourself.
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Roam is capable of speaking for himself, he doesn't need his parrot to do that for him. comprende.
tongue.gif

It seems that roam needs to put down every new amp in order to feel good about himself.

One other thing: a so called bad design can still sound fantastic. Roam should finally get this into his head that his preferences are not other one's preferences.

It seems that roam got cult status with you, for me he's nothing more then a big laugh. ( he can laugh as loud about me) but i am still capable of distinguising an ass from a gentlemen.

By the way, i know the difference between the transformers, it's not the point, the point is that transformers can cost more then 300 dollars, even much more depending on design.period.

Rudistor makes fine amps for the people who can appreciate them. period!

Like I said .... I am embarassed for you. Roam is not my idol, I dont know him. I have also stated before on this board his delivery can be acerbic .... but that does not mean he is wrong. Quite the contrary; he does know what he is talking about. You should stop attacking and listen. If you were not so close minded and bent on confrontation you might understand what he is saying.

Jan 8, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #92 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HE90, SR-007 and the SR-Omega are currently my top 3 favorite headphones, so I'm naturally interested in this amp.

The casework does seem disappointing to me. For the price, I would expect something different and better-looking than other Rudistor amps. The silver knobs look particularly undistinctive and unexciting.

The Aristaeus case, for example, is better-looking than the HeadAmp KGSS case.

Hopefully a demo Coriolan can be made available at CanJam 2008. I would seriously consider sitting in a metal tube for 16 hours to hear one.

What not to like about the case. It costs all of 19.3€ for a single one and you can get discounts for a bulk purchase.

Jan 8, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #93 of 164
If it does what it's supposed to do and looks reasonable, why pay megabucks for a custom chassis?

Wait... checks price tag
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #95 of 164
Ah the drama of head-fi.

Everyone makes good points. The whole coversation is so over my price range its kind of absurd. In anycase, it makes for a good read. +1 Spritz! I want internal pics to settle it.

Jan 8, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #96 of 164
Quote:

Has this particular individual ever held a soldering iron, does he know how to read a schematic and the fundamentals in amp design. If so I'll value his opinion but if he thinks that music is magic then I'll pass...

I've tried and I've tried, but I've never been able to plug my interconnects into a schematic for a good listen. What am I doing wrong spritzer?
confused.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #97 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried and I've tried, but I've never been able to plug my interconnects into a schematic for a good listen. What am I doing wrong spritzer?
confused.gif

Why post this kind of idiotic sarcasm?

There's enough vitriol and drama in this thread already.

Jan 8, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #98 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why post this kind of idiotic sarcasm?

There's enough vitriol and drama in this thread already.

Oha, are you the new postapo around here?

If so, then concerning this thread you`re a bit late, don`t you think?

Jan 8, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #99 of 164
Quote:

confused.gif

Ahh trying to be funny... try again. Have you even seen a Blue Hawaii or an ES-1 and understand basics behind their design to know what it missing from this amp?

Jan 8, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #100 of 164
Quote:

confused.gif

waiting to find someone to loan you a "tubey"-sounding Singlepower ES-1.

Jan 8, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #101 of 164
Is this a cable debate?
tongue.gif

C'mon - 'Marketecture' and sales 'puffing' are long honored traditions in audio marketing, and specs (to the purchaser) as meaningless as yesterday's newspaper, except to line the litterbox. Fun to observe, and poke a bit of fun to keep the genuous vendors honest, and shame the less so into a hasty retreat.

Some honor specs, some voodoo, and others just want something to believe in - that is the gumbo of Head-fi.

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #102 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like I said .... I am embarassed for you. Roam is not my idol, I dont know him. I have also stated before on this board his delivery can be acerbic .... but that does not mean he is wrong. Quite the contrary; he does know what he is talking about. You should stop attacking and listen. If you were not so close minded and bent on confrontation you might understand what he is saying.

Stop defending him, you dropped your shield, everybody is poking right through it! It is really getting embarassing for you now, so please drop the act, ok?!

I happen to have inside information and i can tell you that ROAM guy is plain wrong! That's what you get by looking at a chassis and talking voodoo! The worst thing is, some of you might actually believe all what he is saying! Well, he might impress you lot, not me or any other (professional) designer. I guess he didn't hack it in the audio business that's why he turned to designing equipment/instruments. (recognize the sentence? only this time in reverse!)

Have a nice day all.

Thank god for free thinking and using your mind for free, most of you just lack the capacity.

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #103 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this a cable debate?
tongue.gif

C'mon - 'Marketecture' and sales 'puffing' are long honored traditions in audio marketing, and specs (to the purchaser) as meaningless as yesterday's newspaper, except to line the litterbox. Fun to observe, and poke a bit of fun to keep the genuous vendors honest, and shame the less so into a hasty retreat.

Some honor specs, some voodoo, and others just want something to believe in - that is the gumbo of Head-fi.

Specs can fool you too. Don't you remember having high expectations of something on paper and when you start listen to it, it sounds like crap! Now, that is voodoo of paper.
wink.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

I rather believe the voodoo of my own ears.
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #104 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Measurements are nothing to go by (just as Rudi points out with his fiction) but solid engineering is another matter. Over sized linear PSU designs with huge transformers and quality caps, thick non-resonant chassis, short signal paths that are kept well away from heater current, running tubes in their sweet spot and finding the right tube for the role and not just choosing one and sticking with it. Add to that quality connectors while using as few as you can get away with, proper ventilation and damping every part so it doesn't vibrate. This will bring out the best in any design and is clearly audible. There is a reason why my 1987 Sony DAS-R1 dac is much, much better then the Meridian G08.

I don't think we disagree - as I've said, it is not well understood what the differences are between what can be measured and can be perceived. I think it's not incorrect to interpret your position as: "let's overbuild every component and try to avoid all negative effects that we can think of (eg. temperature, vibration etc.) - then hopefully what we get in the end will have the best sound as we would have taken care of whatever it is that can affect it that we don't know how to measure."

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #105 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Specs can fool you too. Don't you remember having high expectations of something on paper and when you start listen to it, it sounds like crap! Now, that is voodoo of paper.
wink.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

I rather believe the voodoo of my own ears.
biggrin.gif

I have been reading through the thread and the person (Roam) you have been saying is wrong, seems to be right on there facts about it being impossble for the amp to perform in the manor the builder has said it would. Its not that hard to look up the parts and tubes and do the math. I cant find where he says it sounds bad. Although this is how you seem to be spining it. On the other hand you seem to imply it does (will?) sound good. Your guess it will sound good is as useless as anybodys that it wont. I have no clue, nor do I care one way or another. However the specs just dont add up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back