Rudistor launches Coriolan: the ultimate amp for HE90/O2
Jan 6, 2008 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 164

fkclo

Headphoneus Supremus
Rudistor introduces the ultimate amp dedicated to the HE90 and the Omega Mk II.

Here is the link :-

Coriolan, Electrostatics Headphone Driver,HE90 Driver

It is said to be derived from the cost-no-object concept amp. Look at the price tag
wink.gif
Certainly qualifies as one of the most expensive amps on the market today.

I will dream about it tonight
smily_headphones1.gif

I do hope some HE90 or Omega II owners with deep pockets to share their impression pretty soon.

F. Lo

Jan 6, 2008 at 11:09 AM Post #3 of 164
The Rudistor Coriolan seems like a quite amazing amplifier.
But it seems way overpriced, as commented by me a spritzer in the Stax thread some 5-6 weeks back. With a price tag of €9500 we certainly expect a REALLY state-of-the-art product, compared to ex. the $4500 HeadAmp KGBH SE.

Hopefully someone buy it and post a long review. It wont be me!
wink.gif

Jan 6, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #4 of 164
**Cough...cough...bleeding...**
9500 euro... -_-

Jan 6, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #6 of 164
Don't forget, that's pocket change for a lot of people. The luxury market is larger than ever. Heck, they're even opening a Tiffany's in Pittsburgh. In a mall no less!

That being said, my pocket change won't even buy a coffee at Starbuck's.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 6, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #7 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by pageman99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget, that's pocket change for a lot of people. The luxury market is larger than ever. Heck, they're even opening a Tiffany's in Pittsburgh. In a mall no less!

That being said, my pocket change won't even buy a coffee at Starbuck's.
rolleyes.gif

I don't see how this is a luxury item at all. It doesn't look particularly nice and for 9 and a bit grand, I'd rather have a Vertu handphone if I don't already have one. If it's bling I'm after, the HEV90 or an Aristaeus both look much nicer.

Jan 6, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #8 of 164
Holy Cow. Half of those will be purchased site unheard. By those that want the "best". The rich are getting richer. And so are their toys.

Jan 6, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #9 of 164
After some time spent with Purks HE90/ Singlepower ES-1 combo, (For around half the cost). It will half to be VERY, VERY, good to be better than that amp for the HE90.

Jan 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #11 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by yotacowboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wonder what the mark up is on that one!

there's certainly not $20,000 worth of parts in there...

Of course not!
1. I don't even cost $20,000
2. There are others costs involved in building an amplifier than parts costs. Such as man power for developing and building the amplifier, parts used during development, and more ...

I don't question that it is a well build and probably great sounding amplifier. But €9500 is a lot of money, especially comparing to the other high-end amplifiers out there (KHBH, KGBH SE, ES-1, ES-2, Aristaeus, ...).

Jan 6, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #12 of 164
It looks beautiful to me
wink.gif
Rudi is CRAZY but amazing at what he does! If it is as good as one can imagine (and that is all I will ever do with it) then hopefully it will raise electrostatic headphone amps to an even higher level. Good technology and design is good for the whole, even if only a few can afford this beauty
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back