RSA The Shadow - smaller than P-51
May 17, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #46 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See the link Mr. Sasaki, it is an un manned airplane
MiniSAR Offers Promise For Reconnaissance, Precision-Guided Weapons
Ray Samuels

Sorry, you got it in your second link.

Will this be part of your CanJam 2009 table in LA? If so, looking forward to all the comments.
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #48 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will this be part of your CanJam 2009 table in LA? If so, looking forward to all the comments.
biggrin.gif

Yes the Shadow prototype will be there at Can Jam.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

May 19, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #53 of 144
Lovin my P-51 but can't wait to hear more about the Shadow. Please Ray give us more,
the anticipation is killing me!!!!!!

May 19, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #54 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by belac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lovin my P-51 but can't wait to hear more about the Shadow. Please Ray give us more,
the anticipation is killing me!!!!!!

I think he enjoys causing the suspense too much for that.
ksc75smile.gif

I am anxious to see the case design.

May 19, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #55 of 144
I also love my P-51 Mustang. The combo of the Mustang, plus an iMod and LiveWires in a Hippocase makes for traveling bliss. It is interesting to see the reaction of folks when I let them plug the Mustang into their rig [usually an iPod and either some Bose or kit or cheap earbuds].

Count me in Ray for the Shadow.

May 20, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #58 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by jochen.schell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really hope the Shadow will be as flat as possible by positioning the battery beside and not above the electronics.
So the footprint would be bigger than the one of the P-51 but the complete amp would be much flatter and nice to pair with an iPhone or iPod Touch...

Jochen

At first, I didn't care much about an amp getting smaller than the P51, because I thought the Mustang is too small already. But then the idea of an extremely flat amp started to grow on me and now I am really liking the idea of a very flat amp provided the SQ did not suffer of course. I think it has a lot of sex appeal and merit to it. Just try to think about it, it may be the size of a credit card, about a quarter inch thick with solid metal case like stainless steel, or even a version of some precious metal like silver, gold or titanium etc. I'll pay more, much more if it is available. It seems like the technology in terms of SQ is there, so now is on to design and form factor. One of the reason why Apple products are so successful and popular is because of their design. I hope beside its functionality, one day, a portable amp can become an object of beauty and desire also.

May 20, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #59 of 144
Actually portable amps are looking like bonsai destop amps.
This is nice as long the amps are sitting at your desk beside your DAP.
But when you are leaving home and want to use your DAP together with your amp, what is the sense of a portable amp, the big struggle begins.

Sure you can combine the two items using some velcro, a rubber or something like that.
But this is not very practical and in my eyes also looks quite ugly, not to forget the annoying, stiff LOD connecting the DAP and the amp.

I really would like an amp that goes around the iPod Touch or the iPhone like a case.

There are such cases out for the iPhone as additional external batteries as you can see at theis picture:

power-slider_11-17-08.jpg

I think it would not be too hard to replace the battery in such a case with a headphone amp like the Shadow...

EDIT: Here a quick shot of my disassembled Mustang beside such an iPhone case. We are already very close...

iphonemustang.jpg

Jochen

May 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #60 of 144
Wow, 0.3" and nearly the footprint of the Nano sounds really wonderful!
Then I will get such a Nano-Yotank and combine it permanently with the Shadow.

nanofaceblack.jpg

This will be an incredible, small soundengine!

Jochen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back