RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound.
Oct 1, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #1,186 of 1,194
  Since this amp came out about 4 years ago. Just out of curiosity, who kept their sr-71b? And if you got rid of it, what replaced it? 

IMO no other devices have been released which improve upon what the SR71b does.

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #1,188 of 1,194
  I have difficulties choosing between the Intruder and the Sr71b ... I just tried the Sr71B , it is fine with the D5000 , but I can not find someone borrow me an Intruder ... 

With the gain upgrade, sonically I think the amplifiers are very very close.  It boils down to your source.  The DAC in the Intruder adds a feature not in the SR71B.  

Before the gain upgrade to the SR71B, some preferred the Intruder.

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #1,190 of 1,194
  Since this amp came out about 4 years ago. Just out of curiosity, who kept their sr-71b? And if you got rid of it, what replaced it? 

Still have it, great with all my orthodynamics and not bad with the HD800.  I do think my lightning F-35 is a little wamer and more enjoyable with HD800, and on par with the others, except the F-35 can't drive the HE-6.

Oct 16, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #1,191 of 1,194

Still have it, great with all my orthodynamics and not bad with the HD800.  I do think my lightning F-35 is a little wamer and more enjoyable with HD800, and on par with the others, except the F-35 can't drive the HE-6.

Thanks Larry! I was having a tough decision between SR-71B and the F-35. I went with SR-71B due to fact it can run both single and balance. Waiting for my balance cables, I really hope it's worth it. 

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #1,192 of 1,194

Thanks Larry! I was having a tough decision between SR-71B and the F-35. I went with SR-71B due to fact it can run both single and balance. Waiting for my balance cables, I really hope it's worth it. 

You definitely want to go balanced if you can with this amp, as it's a rather large improvement in this particular amp.  The 1/8" output is nice for emergencies. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #1,193 of 1,194
hello everyone,sorry for bringing up the old thread. i've just got my sr-71b today and listening it for a moment when i realize that the volume for left and right channel is imbalance.

half panicking, i search through this thread and find that the left and right volume could be adjusted by using the screw on the volume pot. but in my unit there is only one screw. is it supposed to be like that or there should be screw on both of them. i got this unit secondhand and maybe the previous owner lost it.

sorry for the bad photo,didn't have good camera with me right now. and can anyone give a detailed instruction on how to adjust the volume using this screw?

thank you very much,help is really appreciated

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #1,194 of 1,194
hello everyone,sorry for bringing up the old thread. i've just got my sr-71b today and listening it for a moment when i realize that the volume for left and right channel is imbalance.

half panicking, i search through this thread and find that the left and right volume could be adjusted by using the screw on the volume pot. but in my unit there is only one screw. is it supposed to be like that or there should be screw on both of them. i got this unit secondhand and maybe the previous owner lost it.

sorry for the bad photo,didn't have good camera with me right now. and can anyone give a detailed instruction on how to adjust the volume using this screw?

thank you very much,help is really appreciated
Why not send an email to Ray Samuels and he can help you out. Sorry, never had to adjust volume on mine and really need to look at the unit which is safely stored somewhere at this moment :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back