RSA **Predator** A review in stages ** With some "NEW" images on 1st and page 64 . . .
Jul 1, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #513 of 723
Very nice! I look forward to seeing the combination.

Jul 1, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #514 of 723
Wow, that one looks like it's made of wood!

Jul 1, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #515 of 723
That's real perdy sant430. Nice matching pouch. I got the black one but it came with this hideous royal bluish pouch. heh

I am feeling this amp though. Not sure what it is. Don't have to patients to do any controlled testing but I am loving it myself. Listening to Faust's first recording and it just feels so smooth. The fuzzed guitars are not overly harsh; very pleasant sounding.

Jul 1, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #516 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by sant430 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! The color scheme's part of a bigger project! I'll have pics of the entire perspective when everything arrives all well and good

I forget, are you coming to the CO regional meet on 7/26/08? See my sig for the link.

Jul 1, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #517 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forget, are you coming to the CO regional meet on 7/26/08? See my sig for the link.

Yah, I've been eyeballing the Co Meet Thread on and off. I don't know if I'll be able to go yet. It's looking to be an event worth going to tho'......

Jul 1, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #518 of 723
I just wanted to toss in my fifty cents here, I freakin love this amp!!

I own several portable amps, a good home amp/cd player setup, It's not mind blowing, but I have some good stuff and I don't use anything but the Predator anymore.

It just has the best most musical sound I have heard. It also has the best bass of all my equipment, and it is the smallest amp I have.

The build quality I would agree is amazing. The tolerences are so tight, it's so solid and the fit and finish... wow!!

I think it is so amazing that Ray has managed to pull so much sound out of such a small amp/source combo, and made it fairly affordable as well.

I just dig it and want to listen to it forever. I'm a Predator man.

Dude, your review was great, thank you, and sorry for the long post guys. I start talking about the Predator and bla bla bla...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #519 of 723
Thanks for your impressions. How many hours do you have on yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchristensenlovesaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanted to toss in my fifty cents here, I freakin love this amp!!

I own several portable amps, a good home amp/cd player setup, It's not mind blowing, but I have some good stuff and I don't use anything but the Predator anymore.

It just has the best most musical sound I have heard. It also has the best bass of all my equipment, and it is the smallest amp I have.

The build quality I would agree is amazing. The tolerences are so tight, it's so solid and the fit and finish... wow!!

I think it is so amazing that Ray has managed to pull so much sound out of such a small amp/source combo, and made it fairly affordable as well.

I just dig it and want to listen to it forever. I'm a Predator man.

Dude, your review was great, thank you, and sorry for the long post guys. I start talking about the Predator and bla bla bla...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #521 of 723
I am around 260 hrs. I am happy to say that the bass is really coming through now. When I first got it I missed the bass switch on my p2 just a little. Now the bass is tighter and more there than with the bass boost on my p2. The sound is beautiful in every way. I look forward to reaching that 500 hr mark. Slow going being I don't have the patience to leave it continually...I put it in burn-in mode for 20 hrs a at a pop in between sleep and work. Sometimes I let it go a couple of days at a time.

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #522 of 723
Can someone please reassure me that my Predator is going to sound better than it is now.

Im around the 85-90 hour mark and it sounds terrible in every way.

The sound suddenly changed today and it was all for the worst can anyone chip in and and give me some advice, is this normal around that time.

It sounds so bad that I keep thinking its faulty.

Flat dull no bass and lifeless whats gone wrong!!

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #523 of 723
Let her run in. The review has information. If it stays bad then maybe something is wrong but let the signal keep going through it. I wasn't happy at 300 hours but then . . .

What phones are you using?

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #525 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the moment im using the DAC with asio and winamp.

Im using Sony MDR-SA5000's.

I use a Mac. Well are all the settings right? Do you have another amp to compare to?

Listening to a live recording of Pink Floyd right now with my Ed. 9. Exsolent and Pred. . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back