Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Sep 3, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #1,186 of 1,255
So, finally I got the Rose BR7 today. Attaching a few pictures of the same. In terms of build quality, look and feel, it seems remarkably similar to the Rose BR5, which similarly had a earplug design that goes pretty deep, and seems to provide good isolation (yet to get the right tips to fit me well though). I like that this time, they have decided not to have the Rose name in the engraving and instead have the logo, which looks better.

I think I will need to spend more time, to get a hold of the sound. Initial impressions of the sound, it seems that tonality wise, it seems to be slightly brighter with a more linear bass, and slightly upper-mids focussed sound. Treble seems to extend quite well. Soundstage is quite impressive, with a good amount of depth and width.

Here are a few pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Sep 3, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #1,187 of 1,255
Beautiful ....

Recently I have been stuck in a deep indecision with aliexpress discount sales.
I found Rose Mini6 at $320 but dubitous reviews and not-so-good approach of some owners and sellers to questions about it pushed me toward other Chi-fi earphone builders with some raving reviews and hopefully better customer care (Toneking T66s). Still considerig having a totl Rose earphone, though.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #1,189 of 1,255
I received the Rose North Forest without the mic I asked for - making it unusable for the purpose I got it for. I was only offered a discount on a new one.
I find this unacceptable as it's their fault and have had outstanding customer service with much bigger purchases on amazon. The gesture from Penaudio was in a very uncomfortable "Ping pong" negotiating form although they admitted their mistake. They ask what I would like and if it I had anysuggestions, but it should be up to them to make a gesture.

This being aliexpress and Penon, I was expecting a better commercial gesture as sending it back is going to be costly for a 20eu IEM.

Sometimes they may sound a little stiff or unpolite, maybe for our western ways.
A pair of months ago I buyed Penon a iBasso T03 they were offering. Payed $259 and after some days (a week or so) 'Dear friend we are sorry'... item was now discontinued (as it was in ibasso.com, really) and they kept on listing it for days nonthess.

They wrote 'please consider buy IT04' I replied no thanks, it is $499 what else in the price. They offered a stitic 10% to make, it up. I asked a less expensive alternatives I favored but they discouraged me ('this is an immature product'). Then I got tired of wasting my time with a seller sounding so little empathic and checked better for the first time Aliexpress summer discounts which seemed good ones (waiting to receive home that Toneking T66s).[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,190 of 1,255
Sometimes they may sound a little stiff or unpolite, maybe for our western ways.
A pair of months ago I buyed Penon a iBasso T03 they were offering. Payed $259 and after some days (a week or so) 'Dear friend we are sorry'... item was now discontinued (as it was in ibasso.com, really) and they kept on listing it for days nonthess.

They wrote 'please consider buy IT04' I replied no thanks, it is $499 what else in the price. They offered a stitic 10% to make, it up. I asked a less expensive alternatives I favored but they discouraged me ('this is an immature product'). Then I got tired of wasting my time with a seller sounding so little empathic and checked better for the first time Aliexpress summer discounts which seemed good ones (waiting to receive home that Toneking T66s).[/SIZE]

Penon is dead to me :triportsad: .Prices aren't the best anyway, compared to other AE shops. I thought they were acting that way because my IEM was cheap but your post paints a general attitude problem.

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #1,191 of 1,255
I am sad that My Rose Mini 2 went defective on its right side today. I've had it since July '17. The right side went 80% silent. It happened when the right side made crackling noise and eventually it went off.

I had checked the nozzle was free of debris nor cracks on the nozzle itself. Has this happened to any one of you guys?

I am currently asking PenonAudio for a resolution.
This has happened to me exactly. Right iem lost 80% of volume! Love the Mini 2 size. Can this be fixed? Is there a solution? Is there an iem of similar size?

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #1,195 of 1,255
Has anyone heard/reviewed these yet?

I held off the original Mini 2 and was surprised to see these up now. I'm trying to decide between this, the Tin T2 Pro and the Tenhz P4 Pro on Massdrop atm.

Yep, I've been dealing with it already. Very surprised of its sound concerning other similar models that I have of this type and shape.

Here is the link review in my blog: LINK
And on HeadFi: LINK

_DSC0007.jpg _DSC9968.jpg _DSC9973.jpg

Feb 13, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #1,196 of 1,255
Yep, I've been dealing with it already. Very surprised of its sound concerning other similar models that I have of this type and shape.

Here is the link review in my blog: LINK
And on HeadFi: LINK

Nice job:)

@gemmoglock I’d suggest the new T3 over the T2, actually IMO the original T2 is better than the pro.

However but ince again IMHO the P4 is better than any of the others.

Jul 21, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #1,197 of 1,255
I think only 2 or 3 people have heard BR5, one of them didn't like it, one lost theirs before concrete impressions made, and the last guy thought they were nice for the price bracket but nothing amazing.

It doesn't help that there is a newer revision of the BR5 out now that no ones heard, it supposedly has a more robust bass and smoother mids, which were issues on the original, it retains a smooth treble, if you like cymbal crashes then this won't be your thing, if you like non-fatiguing treble and balanced mids+ bass then give the BR5 a go.

These are some impressions comparing the new and old BR5: http://ameblo.jp/nyanpire-chu/entry-12194328940.html

I have IT03 which is a pretty transparent iem around that price point so I look forward to comparing it to my incoming custom BR5 with boosted treble and bass
L3000.gif
Well , it’s been two years since i’ve seen this post when my br5 was on its way to my house from ebay, at first i’m very dissapoint with the sound stage of this iem , i’ve tried different kind of cable to improve but its useless , sound pretty dark , bass everywhere , try boot up treble by cable seem to be a wrong decision, my only mp3 player up untill now is apple iphone 4s , i was seal that iem away for a long time .
Last year i search my room to throw away trash and found a stock cable of the pfe012, which was tear down use for add driver custom with my other pfe232 by Soranik since 2014. I was go to a headphone shop nearby and tell them to put on the 2-pin connector and check out if they could still in use or not , it in good condition and ready to plug . Well , lets say it funny to try on with the br5 using sennheiser ie80’s foam tips (all are my old stuff), it make they sound very different from before , it seem somewhat bright ,focus mid , very tight bass , sub bass a little clear and it doesnt appear much unless it needed , sound airy and wide sound stage on my iphone 4s , you may find it too separate or bass thirsty , in my language they called it “less musical” but i’m recomended if you have a broken pfe012 with good cable you should try it , just for fun or it will suite your taste its all up to you .
I’ve try the pfe232 cable on br5 too but it sound not quite right to me so i’m just stay with the pfe012 cable , the guy at headphone shop told me that inside the Y splitter of phonak pfe series they put in a resistor so maybe 012 - 232 use different resistor result different sound on the same iem.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #1,199 of 1,255
All the reviews I have read on the BR5 MKii state that it is neutral to upper mid range in tone. If the newest version sounds dark than it has changed tuning completely. Please read Ryan Soo's and Hifi Chris' reviews of the MKii.
Oh my :) my br5 in my post is the old one that was released very long time ago , not the new br5mkii :)
It look exactly like this and called Rose Br5 Special Edition
https://www.upsieutoc.com/image/JGvmCO
https://www.upsieutoc.com/image/JGvo51

Users who are viewing this thread

Back