Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #1,216 of 1,255
I would love to see a graph, especially comparing to the original MK2 which I reviewed favorably last year.
Well, here is one graph.
6DCCE6FE-560E-4169-97FD-6CCBB0F755D5.jpeg

More to ogle at.
296937EB-071F-4EC8-BC57-A37602053F7A.jpeg
0AEF4161-9242-4F52-B6D2-B1F35DFEA6A9.jpeg
41846194-9A34-428E-BD3F-5184FF8F2541.jpeg
73F7CE51-6A87-41A9-8DC3-8B7F3319E965.jpeg
D75B6329-01BB-4686-A078-F73F0343D932.jpeg
EAF64135-1570-4F7A-95E1-5B18EDE77377.jpeg
174DAFC5-0CD2-4BD1-8AB0-68AA2721AAD6.jpeg
11981F30-9682-4FF3-A91D-CFCF3105E224.jpeg

Vents?
Take these words with a grain of salt as I didn’t see the last model in my hands, but I did see two air vents, in photographs. This new model (if I’m not mistaken) has hidden air vents!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #1,218 of 1,255
Yeah I did see that, although with the illegible scale I can’t really gleam much from it.
Well, I personally believe that dialed in FR is about 80% to win-win, when it comes to an IEM release. Though the issue that raises its head is everyone has their own “pet” FR. But truly I see makers dial in better FR, which subsequently becomes an affinity to more listeners in the end. Let’s find out what we have!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #1,219 of 1,255
May 6, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #1,222 of 1,255

May 6, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #1,223 of 1,255

May 6, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #1,224 of 1,255

May 9, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #1,225 of 1,255
Take these words with a grain of salt as I didn’t see the last model in my hands, but I did see two air vents, in photographs. This new model (if I’m not mistaken) has hidden air vents!

This model has 3 air vents, not especially hidden. One ontop near the MMCX port and two at the base of the IEM. Listening to them now and will provide some impressions later on this evening.

May 9, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #1,226 of 1,255
This model has 3 air vents, not especially hidden. One ontop near the MMCX port and two at the base of the IEM. Listening to them now and will provide some impressions later on this evening.
Cool!

May 9, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #1,227 of 1,255
Initial impressions are good. I'm listening on the RU6 (low gain, NOS), with stock cable (3.5mm) and Azla Crystals.

Vocals are excellent - both male and female - the balance of breath and body is spot on. Tonality is on the bright side with good transparency. Note weight is lighter than I prefer. There's some strong uppermid action between (5k-8k) going on that can make you adjust the volume between tracks. There's no sibilance and while it remains smooth in its replay it can be slightly shrill at times with some shoutiness. The bass is controlled, snappy and revealing with a nice balance of subbass & midbass for instruments in the lower Hz and it doesn't sound anaemic by any stretch. In terms of quantity its tastefully boosted and it has zero bleed or masking of midrange detail. Despite the vents, the DD doesn't seem to move a great deal of air and it isn't terribly exciting in terms of dynamics. Having said that, it fits quite coherently alongside the characteristics of the BAs used, with a faster, lighter and more detailed approach. The treble has excellent extension, detailing and air. Technically the soundstage isn't especially wide and instrument separation is just average which makes busier tracks with greater layering and more positional cues harder to appreciate (and this is on the RU6 that conveys imaging and soundstage very well).

The QT9-MK2S is a revealing set of IEMs and I see them as being much stronger for folk/jazz/small ensemble than any other genres. There's alot of detail on show here for the price and if you prefer a brighter tune then this, I think, is a strong contender in the hybrid category. Comfort is perfect, they're the smallest hybrid I've owned. I plan to write up a full review at some point after more time with them.

Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #1,228 of 1,255
Initial impressions are good. I'm listening on the RU6 (low gain, NOS), with stock cable (3.5mm) and Azla Crystals.

Vocals are excellent - both male and female - the balance of breath and body is spot on. Tonality is on the bright side with good transparency. Note weight is lighter than I prefer. There's some strong uppermid action between (5k-8k) going on that can make you adjust the volume between tracks. There's no sibilance and while it remains smooth in its replay it can be slightly shrill at times with some shoutiness. The bass is controlled, snappy and revealing with a nice balance of subbass & midbass for instruments in the lower Hz and it doesn't sound anaemic by any stretch. In terms of quantity its tastefully boosted and it has zero bleed or masking of midrange detail. Despite the vents, the DD doesn't seem to move a great deal of air and it isn't terribly exciting in terms of dynamics but fits quite coherently alongside the characteristics of the BAs used, with a faster, lighter and more detailed approach. The treble has excellent extension, detailing and air. Technically the soundstage isn't especially wide and instrument separation is just average which makes busier tracks with greater layering and more positional cues harder to appreciate (and this is on the RU6 that conveys imaging and soundstage very well).

The QT9-MK2S is a revealing set of IEMs and I see them as being much stronger for folk/jazz/small ensemble than any other genres. There's alot of detail on show here for the price and if you prefer a brighter tune then this, I think, is a strong contender in the hybrid category. Comfort is perfect, they're the smallest hybrid I've owned. I plan to write up a full review at some point after more time with them.
Sounds similar all things considered to the OG. A little sad to hear about the lighter note weight though which was my main complaint on the last model. I should have my unit in hand in a few days to report my findings as well.

May 9, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #1,229 of 1,255
Sounds similar all things considered to the OG. A little sad to hear about the lighter note weight though which was my main complaint on the last model. I should have my unit in hand in a few days to report my findings as well.

l look forward to hearing your thoughts. The vocals are something to write home about. They are light but they still feel spirited. Unfortunately instruments like piano lack weight to keystrokes and there's not a great deal of harmonic detail to enjoy (which seems like a tuning choice). I would be interested to see a graph of this IEM, one that isn't compressed or illegible. I wouldn't be suprised if it's close to what tgx posted earlier.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #1,230 of 1,255
So have the QT9 MK2s in hand now, and have been doing a bit of listening (hasn't fully burned in if you're a believer in that, so take it as you will). First of all I am impressed by the degree of change from the OG MK2, it is clear that this is a substantial revision and not a somewhat pointless reissue a la the NF Audio NA2+. There is a much more homogenous sound to these; while the first version had a very meaty bass response combined with a rather airy midrange and treble, this new version has a markedly more balanced tonality. The bass is still elevated (slightly more so in the sub-bass than mid-bass, though there is still some good meat to the mid-bass), the midrange is only slightly recessed but retains a good sense of fullness, male vocals are much better bodied than the original, and the treble is nicely detailed and extended but without harshness or sibilance.

Personally I don't hear the shoutiness or bright-leaning sound that @ian91 reports (we all have different sensitivities of course). The overall feel to me is a bit on the relaxed side; from initial listening, this is partly due to the fact that the bass in particular (despite the elevation) has a rather soft impact and consequently a more atmospheric presentation. In addition, there is a quite sizable anti-sibilance scoop between 6/7-10K which softens the sound and does skimp out on some instrumental harmonics as Ian noted. On the other hand, BA timbre is quite well controlled due in large part, I suspect, to this tuning choice. Soundstage is not the widest in absolutely terms although it is fairly well-proportioned (good width and height, lacking somewhat in depth), and while imaging has very good localization, there is not a lot of air between the instruments and things do seem to get somewhat congested/compressed centrally when there's a lot going on in the recording.

Comfort and ergonomics remain unparalleled among hybrids. Accessories have been greatly upgraded as well: better cable, better tips, spare filters and MMCX tool included (as well as a 6.5mm adapter like before).

My initial take is that these aren't the set for those looking for a mindblowing display of raw technical ability; but if you want a more relaxed and balanced tuning that retains good detail while boasting above-average coherence and timbre for a hybrid then these could very well fit the bill.

Will report more later and do a full write-up eventually.

DSC00398.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back