Rooth demos: the evaluation of Rooth lineup – liquid clarity
May 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #17 of 189
Thanks for all of your reviews joe.  As far as custom iems, you're like the head-fi guru when it comes to them.

I'm curious but did rooth happen to include the frequency graphs with the demos too? If so, could you post them please?

May 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #18 of 189
Nice review, from it I guess the LS6 sounds quite similar to the UM Miracle, but from the overall lineup I think the signature of the LS8+ will sure be a crowd pleaser. 

May 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #21 of 189
Quote:
Thanks for all of your reviews joe.  As far as custom iems, you're like the head-fi guru when it comes to them.

I'm curious but did rooth happen to include the frequency graphs with the demos too? If so, could you post them please?

Thanks!  No, no frequency graphs with the demos, but my LS8 did come with one.

Quote:
Nice review, from it I guess the LS6 sounds quite similar to the UM Miracle, but from the overall lineup I think the signature of the LS8+ will sure be a crowd pleaser. 

Not from my experience with someone else's customized Miracle nor from how I have heard it repeatedly described.  It sounds like it is closer to the LS8, but probably not as warm or bright.  And yes, I would imagine the LS8+ and LSX5 both will be crowd pleasers.

Quote:
I didn't like the UM Merlin demo unit either.  Definitely more interested in LSX5, TS842 or a dynamic driver reshell like Hifiman RE262 / 272 for the mid / high's and CI-22955 / TWFK for the bass haha.

The LSX5 and TS842 have opposite sound signatures and the LSX5 drivers have much better coherence.

Quote:
Thanks to you reply Joe.

I am a little bit confusing in terms of the ls8+ vs ls8 and ls8+ sound part.

Did you compare the demo ls8+ with the customized ls8, or the demo ls8?

The only time I used my customized LS8 was for comparison with the LS8 demo to establish a baseline, so all comparisons were with other demos.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

May 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #25 of 189
Quote:
Thanks for the review. Always wondered how the other Rooth models other than LS8 sounded since nobody seems to buy those... 

Well, that should change as the sound signature of the lineup is very nice :wink:

Quote:
Hey Joe,

I'm interested in how you would rate these phones in relation to your favourites, the Earsonics SM4s.

Regards,
S

Did you mean the SM3 or EM4?  I really don't have a favorite because so many of the CIEMs I have are special in different ways, many are great to just grab and enjoy for those properties.

Quote:
Looks like you don't like the TO GO! 334 very much?

I have plenty of respect for the To Go! 334 and do like what it does.  There were surprises starting with the sound signature and then the bass quantity and response, which is more like a dynamic driver that a BA to me.  It has qualities similar to the SE 5-way in that it changes quite a bit with the recordings, a good deal more than the LS series, so comparison is difficult.  If that was my only IEM I don't think I could complain much, but again, very different than the LS lineup.  

May 27, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #26 of 189
It has qualities similar to the SE 5-way in that it changes quite a bit with the recordings, a good deal more than the LS series, so comparison is difficult.  If that was my only IEM I don't think I could complain much, but again, very different than the LS lineup.  

So the SE 5-way varies more from music to music, letting it shine through, while the LS8+ instills more of it's character on all songs?  I found the CK10 had a CK10-ness to all music and sources, these days I value source transparency higher and look for something which let's the DAC shine through etc...

May 28, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #27 of 189
Quote:

So the SE 5-way varies more from music to music, letting it shine through, while the LS8+ instills more of it's character on all songs?  I found the CK10 had a CK10-ness to all music and sources, these days I value source transparency higher and look for something which let's the DAC shine through etc...

All headphones I have heard impart something on the sound, but the 5-way imparts the least, changing the most with each varying track's mastering.  The 334 also has this characteristic and followed by a few others.  Compared with the CK10, the Rooth lineup changes a bit more at the lower end of the lineup and a decent amount more at the higher end of the lineup, but still not on the same level as the 334, 5-way, or several others.  However, I think the sound that is imparted is extremely enjoyable and listenable.

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #28 of 189
All headphones I have heard impart something on the sound, but the 5-way imparts the least, changing the most with each varying track's mastering.  The 334 also has this characteristic and followed by a few others.  Compared with the CK10, the Rooth lineup changes a bit more at the lower end of the lineup and a decent amount more at the higher end of the lineup, but still not on the same level as the 334, 5-way, or several others.  However, I think the sound that is imparted is extremely enjoyable and listenable.

The more I read your review the more I like to get the SE5 way but its too bad that he won't ship to US. I have talk to him on email and he said polish custom is really strict on the shipment from out of EU group. Do you know any trustable people that I can have him/her be the hub or shipment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back