Roon is live
Jun 9, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #48 of 701
Yep fantastic, it's great how swiftly we're getting these updates...and in my experience at least, they also seem to be bug free. Looking forward to trying out the new update when I'm at my laptop later this morning.

Jun 9, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #49 of 701
Yep fantastic, it's great how swiftly we're getting these updates...and in my experience at least, they also seem to be big free. Looking forward to trying out the new update when I'm at my laptop later this morning.

You get software updates/fixes with a subscription service.  They aren't really free.

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #50 of 701

You get software updates/fixes with a subscription service.  They aren't really free.

I think he meant "bug free" and had a typo 
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #52 of 701
So I bought a year's subscription today. Was looking forward to get home from work and start playing around with the software and enjoy the music.
Alas, it is not to be. 
For some reason I'm still getting a "Membership Expired" message when trying to login (I had a trial account that I canceled). I contacted the support team and they replied that they're working on sorting it out.
To be honest I don't understand why they couldn't sort it out that instance, it shouldn't be harder than "flicking a switch" in their system somewhere...
Definitely a sour start.

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #56 of 701
Tried the trial and was impressed enough to get a one year subscription.

Very nice player for a Version 1 product.  Sound quality is great playing any of my high res FLAC, ALAC, and DSD files.  Integration withy Tidal is very nice.  I think this is going to be a great high res audio integrated library solution.  

The user experience is phenomenal - really enjoying all the external music information it brings into the experience.

Can't wait to see where this software evolves with Version 2...

Jun 14, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #57 of 701
I'm REALLY enjoying it too!
I had 2 brutal days of splitting up my FLAC+CUE albums to separate tracks and splitting DSD ISO files to separate DSF files, but it was worth it and now I'm relaxing and enjoying the experience.
There are still a few kinks and bugs which no doubt will be solved, and you also need to get used to their philosophy of how to organize your metadata but when you do it makes sense.
It has a few features I've always dreamed of having in a player and loads that I never thought of.
Only problem is I might not be able to go back to using standard players, which means more $$$ each year 
cool.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #58 of 701
  I'm REALLY enjoying it too!
I had 2 brutal days of splitting up my FLAC+CUE albums to separate tracks and splitting DSD ISO files to separate DSF files, but it was worth it and now I'm relaxing and enjoying the experience.
There are still a few kinks and bugs which no doubt will be solved, and you also need to get used to their philosophy of how to organize your metadata but when you do it makes sense.
It has a few features I've always dreamed of having in a player and loads that I never thought of.
Only problem is I might not be able to go back to using standard players, which means more $$$ each year 
cool.gif

Unless you bite the bullet & get the lifetime subscription.

Jun 26, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #60 of 701
My first day using Roon (trial). It combined my local catalog and my Tidal collection. 
There are some very cool features here - need some time to get familiar.

So far no glitches, and sound quality is great.

Initial thought- for those music fans who are always digging for new artists and enjoy the deep dive, this is worth the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back