Romi Audio - The official thread
Nov 21, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #797 of 931
Die anyone post how much the Pro will cost? Can’t find it anywhere …
CHF 1´400.- after conversion, ca. EUR 1’300.-. Not that bad, isn’t it mate?😊

Nov 21, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #798 of 931
A few posts back somebody mentioned they wish the volume knob was knurled. I agree. Has anyone ever tried removing one? I don't remember seeing a set screw or anything so it must be a press fit. Don't want to risk damaging it. Plan B would be some sandpaper and two sided tape around the outside of the knob

Dec 7, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #801 of 931
A big jump in price compared with BX2+, I am wondering if is worth upgrading

Dec 7, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #802 of 931
Dec 7, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #804 of 931
I heard from local customers that its a big step up.
Hmm... interesting...

price wise. I found that on AE is a bit lower then on ROMI website..

BTW, was looking for LEMO 3 pin Connector Male plug.. not common in my country... hahaha...
was inform in FB, that for LPS can be use from 15V//1A...

Dec 8, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #805 of 931
Hi Fellas, I was wondering if all Romi amps are going to have channel imbalance issues at low volume, especially with high sensitivity iems?

A friend (Fokta, a local resident here) loaned me his BX2+ and it made my Vision Ears VE8 sound better signature-wise (very organic and full bodied, super addictive sound) than every other source I have tried.. but the channel imbalance issue basically made them difficult to enjoy since I can never go beyond 9 o'clock with most iems, except the Z1R..

Seriously considering the BX2 Pro but only if I can be 100% sure there would be no channel imbalance issue..

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #806 of 931
Hi Fellas, I was wondering if all Romi amps are going to have channel imbalance issues at low volume, especially with high sensitivity iems?

A friend (Fokta, a local resident here) loaned me his BX2+ and it made my Vision Ears VE8 sound better signature-wise (very organic and full bodied) than every other source I have tried.. but the channel imbalance issue basically made them difficult to enjoy since I can never go beyond 9 o'clock with most iems, except the Z1R..

Seriously considering the BX2 Pro but only if I can be 100% sure there would be no channel imbalance issue..
Not mine

Dec 8, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #807 of 931
LOL lucky you.. I guess it really helps being a famous audiophile whose opinion is highly regarded.. since manufacturers will surely do their best to make sure you get the very best (or perfect) unit from their whole batch..

As for the rest of us, we usually just get a "thank you for your purchase, channel imbalance is a common occurrence at low volume and is within tolerable manufacturing deviations, enjoy your unit!" At least that's my past experience with a few manufacturers (and Fokta's too maybe?)

Btw, what did you test the Romi amps with at very low volume? Did you try them with high sensitivity iems?

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #808 of 931
LOL lucky you.. I guess it really helps being a famous audiophile whose opinion is highly regarded.. since manufacturers will surely do their best to make sure you get the very best (or perfect) unit from their whole batch..

As for the rest of us, we usually just get a "thank you for your purchase, channel imbalance is a common occurrence at low volume and is within tolerable manufacturing deviations, enjoy your unit!" At least that's my past experience with a few manufacturers (and Fokta's too maybe?)

Btw, what did you test the Romi amps with at very low volume? Did you try them with high sensitivity iems?
Only iems I have now is single dynamic drivers and the totl sony iem. I usually adjust the volume through my dap. I just put the romi volume 75% of the way. :wink:

Dec 8, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #809 of 931
Only iems I have now is single dynamic drivers and the totl sony iem. I usually adjust the volume through my dap. I just put the romi volume 75% of the way. :wink:
If you set it up that way instead of going with LO on the DAP, won't you be double amping, hence introducing extra noise and distortion into the chain?

Dec 9, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #810 of 931
If you set it up that way instead of going with LO on the DAP, won't you be double amping, hence introducing extra noise and distortion into the chain?
On the cayin N8 I use LO. On various Cowons yes double amping and they sound great. Dont fear double anything be it double burger , double girls , and now double good. I compared this double amping to other set ups and I like it. The N8 line out is good when my goal is for perfection or testing , but if I am listening to Steely Dan or DJ stuff or bass music , synth , indie or Smiths double is great and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back