Romi Audio - The official thread
Mar 30, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #830 of 931
I second this. Romi needs to send out a few units for loan/review. As far as I can tell, no-one on Head-Fi has heard it much less owned it.

A spec sheet isn't as interesting or useful as first-person reports....
Also, they need to put out one in any other color. Some people like gold, but it is very gold. I would like a gloss white, but really any other option would be fine.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #832 of 931
And still very bulky and not a convenient form factor ... with still a rather short battery lifetime (more or less 3 hours in real life).
I went to Centrance Ampersand... and I leave the Less BX2+ on the shelf. I won't upgrade it.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #833 of 931
It's been out for a while already.

I second this. Romi needs to send out a few units for loan/review. As far as I can tell, no-one on Head-Fi has heard it much less owned it.

A spec sheet isn't as interesting or useful as first-person reports....
I've told them to send some to some reviewers. And speaking of the gold case. You can't really avoid it. The whole shell is already worth few hundred dollars, it's pure thick heavy copper.

Mar 30, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #834 of 931
Also, they need to put out one in any other color. Some people like gold, but it is very gold. I would like a gloss white, but really any other option would be fine.
But many , most , puts a case that covers the color. Same with daps.

Mar 30, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #835 of 931
I've told them to send some to some reviewers. And speaking of the gold case. You can't really avoid it. The whole shell is already worth few hundred dollars, it's pure thick heavy copper.
Send to me: I'll do a lengthy review and compare it against C9, WA8, Bakoon HPA-1M and whatever else is relevant.

Apr 18, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #837 of 931
And still very bulky and not a convenient form factor ... with still a rather short battery lifetime (more or less 3 hours in real life).
I went to Centrance Ampersand... and I leave the Less BX2+ on the shelf. I won't upgrade it.

Apr 30, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #838 of 931
Any owners of bx2-Pro ? Choosing between it and Phatlab Phantasy 2 or maybe MassKobo for planar iems and 1000SE. Would appreciate any thoughts about it.

Apr 30, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #839 of 931
Any owners of bx2-Pro ? Choosing between it and Phatlab Phantasy 2 or maybe MassKobo for planar iems and 1000SE. Would appreciate any thoughts about it.
I have the first romi amp , two Masskobo , and HAD the phantasy 2. The romi and mass kobo are neck and neck. I sold both kobos. The phantasy was good but not great , sold it. I kept the romi.

Attachments

• 20220429_174314.jpg
    20220429_174314.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Apr 30, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #840 of 931
I have the first romi amp , two Masskobo , and HAD the phantasy 2. The romi and mass kobo are neck and neck. I sold both kobos. The phantasy was good but not great , sold it. I kept the romi.
Tnx a lot for the input. I see Cowon PL its the amazing day( miss it so much and going to buy 1 more time ) . Could you please tell a bit what Romi have that missed in Phatlab ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back