Romi Audio - The official thread
Mar 8, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #571 of 928
From your list of headphones, I can only talk about Arya, which was so much easier to drive compared to Abyss Diana V2 (on my previous amp, before I got BX2-Plus). Also, mind you, I am currently running Diana V2 single ended (waiting on my balanced cable) and BX2-Plus is driving it wonderfully. For reference, Diana V2 is 42 Ohm at 91 sensitivity. Not sure how GL2000 scales with more power (Diana is known to scale well, so that’s why I went with balanced), but I don’t think you NEED balanced, more likely you WANT balanced. All of this being said, your question is about interconnects between your DAP and AMP, right? In that sense, how much does BX2-Plus benefit from a balanced input AND how much more battery does your DAP use for its balanced lineout output? I was under the impression that BX2-Plus always runs balanced, even if you feed it with single ended, am I wrong, maybe someone can correct me/confirm.

Mar 9, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #572 of 928
I was in touch with Johnny from the UK Romi office and there was no language issue. I called the office in HK and he mentioned that his English is not very good and put me in touch with the UK rep. Have you tried writing directly to @Romi Audio here on HeadFi?

@DarginMahkum

Could you share Johnny's contact details here or in a private message please so I can get some questions answered about the BX2+ as the profile for @Romi Audio does not seem to be active as they have not posted on here since the profile was created in March 2020

Thanks

Mar 9, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #573 of 928
@DarginMahkum

Could you share Johnny's contact details here or in a private message please so I can get some questions answered about the BX2+ as the profile for @Romi Audio does not seem to be active as they have not posted on here since the profile was created in March 2020

Thanks

I talked to him over the Romi Audio Facebook page chat. He also replied to me over the HeadFi Romi Audio account.
https://www.facebook.com/romiaudio

Mar 9, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #574 of 928
I've decided - with some reservation - to let my BX2 Plus go, as I have a C9 incoming and can't justify keeping both.

If anyone's interested, check it out here. (I can also take better photos if needed).

Mar 9, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #575 of 928
I have been looking into power output of this amp compared to competition, and I still cannot believe how BX2-Plus outputs so much juice.

Desktop Amplifier
16 Ohm
32 Ohm
50 Ohm
100 Ohm
150 Ohm
300 Ohm
600 Ohm
Violetic HPA V281
1500 mW​
2800 mW​
4200 mW​
5600 mW​
2700 mW​
XI Broadway
1500 mW​
GSX Mini
4000 mW​
Portable Amplifier
BX2 Plus
5900 mW
1900 mW
600 mW
280 mW
Cayin C9
4100 mW​
2600 mW​
640 mW​
320 mW​

If you find that I copied some of the amp numbers wrong, do let me know. All of these are for their balanced mode operations (not single ended).

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #576 of 928
I've decided - with some reservation - to let my BX2 Plus go, as I have a C9 incoming and can't justify keeping both.

If anyone's interested, check it out here. (I can also take better photos if needed).
Good luck in selling your amp. But it’s sad you are leaving the club. So you really think the C9 could drive your VC better? Why not wait with selling it until you get the C9 to compare which one has better synergy with your DAP/headphone?

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #577 of 928
Hi Everyone.

I received my BX2+ this morning and I'm very very impressed with the quality and performance so far, amazing Amp for the money.

I'm running some test using 4.4 balanced in and out against 3.5 SE in and out and as far as I can tell with the HP I'm using I cannot tell the difference in sound quality - both sound amazing.

I am feeding the BX with a Shanling M8 and I have been informed by Shanling the the power out of the M8 when running balanced line out is just short of 5V compared to 2.6V SE. Obviously the BX2+ will also be using less power outputting SE to the HP.

So to me it makes sense to run both the M8 and the BX2+in 3.5mm SE to drive the phones I'm using as this will use less power and I will get more battery life out of both units.

Can anybody recommend some good 3.5mm SE interconnects to go from the M8 to the BX2+ please. I'm looking for something short so i can stack the 2 together and preferably silver plated copper Litz.

I'm in the United Kingdom so would prefer a UK based store but its not essential.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Mar 9, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #579 of 928
Good luck in selling your amp. But it’s sad you are leaving the club. So you really think the C9 could drive your VC better? Why not wait with selling it until you get the C9 to compare which one has better synergy with your DAP/headphone?
It's a good question. I'm not expecting the C9 to better the BX2+ in terms of driving the VC, and it may well be that I still have the BX2+ when the C9 arrives (I'm not in any great rush to sell it). The VC and BX2+ is a winning combo. The major advantage - as I see it - of the C9 is the versatility. All of my gear is SS and all of it has a "linear" and neutral profile, which I love. But the C9 would introduce something else into the mix.

I'll see. It would be preferable to compare them, I agree.

Mar 9, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #580 of 928
It's a good question. I'm not expecting the C9 to better the BX2+ in terms of driving the VC, and it may well be that I still have the BX2+ when the C9 arrives (I'm not in any great rush to sell it). The VC and BX2+ is a winning combo. The major advantage - as I see it - of the C9 is the versatility. All of my gear is SS and all of it has a "linear" and neutral profile, which I love. But the C9 would introduce something else into the mix.

I'll see. It would be preferable to compare them, I agree.
Makes sense. Anyways, if you happen to still have the BX-2+ when your C9 arrives, please let us know how they compare! 👍

Mar 9, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #582 of 928
This BX2+ vs C9 discussion makes me think - imagine what Romi Audio could do with an 2k amp :)
Yes. And no. Haha. You know, there are times when money doesn’t tell anything about sound quality. If Cayin would strip down all tube mode and class A/B etc. from their amp, it wouldn’t cost much more than the BX-2+
Or maybe it would still cost more because it’s a bigger company and they do much more promotion than Romi Audio.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #583 of 928
Yeah, I know what you mean. Also, every time I see a device that offers 4 ways of operation, I just lust after it. When in reality I would most likely end up using just one of them. In that spirit, I feel like Romi gave us what they believed sounded the best. But as you said, very difficult to compare companies and their offerings. I just wish I could audition both to hear the difference for myself.

Mar 9, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #584 of 928
Romi continues to expand its offering

https://fr.romiaudio.com/portable-audio

DA1 & DA2 mini Dac/Amps à la Luxury & Precision W1 et W2 (if not mistaken), but without the spdif out from the 3.5mm output.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #585 of 928
Impressed with the BX2+, Shanling M8 and GL2000. Very nice warm sound.

Running Line out - Turbo gain on M8, Low gain on BX2+, and 4.4mm BAL all the way to monitors.

IMG_0335.jpgIMG_0336.jpgIMG_0341.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back