Romi Audio - The official thread
Feb 27, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #526 of 928
It is the same thing, he is the creator of this amp

Feb 27, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #528 of 928
Is the BX2 plus from Romi different than Lessfox BX2 plus found on aliexpress? Is he the creator of this thing or he just mod it?

Same device

Feb 27, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #529 of 928
The Shanling M8, Custom Art FIBAE 6 and the Romi Audio TaiChi. Romi Audio put some mojo in this cable.

20210227_110959.jpg

Feb 27, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #530 of 928
I just checked and that is 1400$ cable, whoa that is crazy expensive

Feb 27, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #531 of 928
The Zero cable is the twin brother of the Taichi. Yes, expensive, very expensive, but when @subguy812 says that the Taichi brings some mojo into play, I do believe him. Why? Because I am experiencing the same with the Zero. It literally transformed my CIEM with, of course, the BX2+ as an amp.

Feb 27, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #532 of 928
deleted

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #534 of 928
Is the BX2+ iem friendly?
Or it's more for headphone only?
Thanks
The BX2+ is IEM friendly, absolutely. The previous iteration was more full-sized headphones oriented afaik. Even sensitive BA-IEMs can be driven by the BX2+ without problem and with a very low noise floor. What are your IEMs?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #535 of 928
The BX2+ is IEM friendly, absolutely. The previous iteration was more full-sized headphones oriented afaik. Even sensitive BA-IEMs can be driven by the BX2+ without problem and with a very low noise floor. What are your IEMs?

Sony ier-z1r

Thinking to get either BX2+ or C9.
Yes. There is a price gap in between....

Feb 27, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #536 of 928
Sony ier-z1r

Nice pair of IEM. Yes, the BX2+ and the C9. Tough choice. I unfortunately haven't listened to the C9. The C9 has more features, that's a fact. The Romi will be able to drive the IER-Z1R, no problem. The BX2+ offers a full selection of inputs and outputs. Now, it's about the pairing with your DAP and your sound signature preferences. The IER-Z1R being a slight V-shaped IEM, the Romi neutral but smooth taking on amplification allows you to play with tips and even cables to fine-tune the signature. All of this also applies with the C9, I suppose.

I read somewhere on HF that the C9 has a tad less power than the BX2+, the C9 being able to drive full-size headphones, but being more IEMs oriented.

The price gap is massive, indeed. Try to test both before buying. I am myself more than content with the BX2+, it drives everything I throw at it with maestria and full control. Maybe is the C9 even better, I don't know.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #537 of 928
The Shanling M8, Custom Art FIBAE 6 and the Romi Audio TaiChi. Romi Audio put some mojo in this cable.

20210227_110959.jpg

I have the Taichi 4.4mm interconnect, however I prefer another IC (copper) made by a local cable manufacturer as it brings more body to the sound as well as fuller low end to Diana V2. The Taichi has very refined sound with plenty of control but not impactful enough for Diana. But I believe it does have great synergy as an IEM cable just as you described.

Feb 28, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #538 of 928
Sony ier-z1r

I see that you have LPGT Ti as your DAP and if I’m not mistaken it’s one of the brighter sounding DAPs out there (haven’t heard one myself just from reading impressions). If that’s the case then perhaps C9 would be more suitable with its tube sound characteristic to add that organic feeling. BX-2+ is very transparent and it will reveal and amplify the character of your source/DAP so if LPGT Ti is indeed bright sounding, I can imagine it can get even brighter (I did own a Z1R and it does have lower treble peak).

Feb 28, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #539 of 928
I see that you have LPGT Ti as your DAP and if I’m not mistaken it’s one of the brighter sounding DAPs out there (haven’t heard one myself just from reading impressions). If that’s the case then perhaps C9 would be more suitable with its tube sound characteristic to add that organic feeling. BX-2+ is very transparent and it will reveal and amplify the character of your source/DAP so if LPGT Ti is indeed bright sounding, I can imagine it can get even brighter (I did own a Z1R and it does have lower treble peak).
I also have the LPGT ti. It isn’t bright at all. Extended yes, but not bright, at least for me.

And mine pairs exceptionally with the BX-1 so I guess it also pairs as well with the BX-2+

Feb 28, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #540 of 928
I also have the LPGT ti. It isn’t bright at all. Extended yes, but not bright, at least for me.

And mine pairs exceptionally with the BX-1 so I guess it also pairs as well with the BX-2+

Clinical seems to be the prevailing traight i hear about with the LPGT series far more so than bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back