Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22?
Jul 30, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #631 of 3,218
Hello to all of you!
Can anyone say to me if it is possible to connect an unbalanced headphone to the Beta22 amplifier when it is in fully Balanceed configuration?
In the AMB's website, I've seen that, when he connect an Unbalaced headphone, he changes the input configuration from Balanced to Unbalanced.
Is it possible to arrange an adapter cable to avoid to change the input configuration everytime I want to use a different headphone?
Many thanks. Best regards.
Davide.

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #632 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenorsaxophone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello to all of you!
Can anyone say to me if it is possible to connect an unbalanced headphone to the Beta22 amplifier when it is in fully Balanceed configuration?
In the AMB's website, I've seen that, when he connect an Unbalaced headphone, he changes the input configuration from Balanced to Unbalanced.
Is it possible to arrange an adapter cable to avoid to change the input configuration everytime I want to use a different headphone?
Many thanks. Best regards.
Davide.

The amp can be wired so that it can be used both balanced and unbalanced.

Jul 30, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #633 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The amp can be wired so that it can be used both balanced and unbalanced.

Hello naamanf!
Many thanks for your soon answer.
Escuse me, but I have not a Beta22 amp, and I have not any Balanced electronics, so I have no experience.
Do you mean that I could connect a unbalanced hearphone directly to the R+, L+ and GND outputs of Beta22 wiring them?
Many thanks again. Best regards.
Davide.

Jul 30, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #634 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenorsaxophone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello naamanf!
Many thanks for your soon answer.
Escuse me, but I have not a Beta22 amp, and I have not any Balanced electronics, so I have no experience.
Do you mean that I could connect a unbalanced hearphone directly to the R+, L+ and GND outputs of Beta22 wiring them?
Many thanks again. Best regards.
Davide.

That's the idea, but you cannot convert an unbalanced (single-ended) input signal into balanced, so you'll actually be using only 2 Beta22 boards for amplification and using the PSU ground.

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #635 of 3,218
If you don't have any balanced sources, unless you add extra circuitry (an unbalanced to balanced convertor or transformers), you won't have the four active signals (L+, L-, R+ and R-) to feed a fully-balanced 4-channel β22 amp. Therefore you won't be able to take advantage of your balanced headphones.

However, if you do have a balanced source, then you can use either balanced or unbalanced headphones. The latter will need to be referenced to ground. If you build a 4-channel β22 then it will be passive-ground whereas a 5 or 6-channel could be active-ground.

Aug 3, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #637 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have a the B22 logo and 022 logo as a vector file? I could do with it when making my front panel design.

Thank you.

I do
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #639 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you send me them please?
jecklinsmile.gif

You've got mail

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #642 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhester /img/forum/go_quote.gif