Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22?
Jul 23, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #616 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know which way the led goes on the power supply board? Theres no markings.

The LED cathode points toward the V- side of the board.

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #620 of 3,218
fault151, as others have linked, you could have done a little homework and answered these for yourself. The board orientation for the LED could be easily determined by looking at the schematic diagram and the PCB layout, and a look at the LED datasheet (or any generic site that describes a diode) will tell you which is the cathode pin.

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #621 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMajestic2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally finished building my headphone/speaker switch that I ordered from Olimex. Its not yet tested in my B22, but at least it switches
smily_headphones1.gif

It has four Omron G2R-1-DC5 that can handle 10A each. It also has integrated Zobel network for the speaker outputs.

Dont ask me about a schematic, because I dont have one. This is all done by hand.

Very impressive. Keep us posted on this. A+

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #622 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very impressive. Keep us posted on this. A+

Thank you, I will. Now I just need some speaker I can switch to
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #623 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand what you mean by that? Is the cathode the longer leg?

By giving this answer I feel I should give the following advice - you need to take a step back and realize something. Several of us tried to caution you before you started this build but you insisted on proceeding. The types of questions that you are raising so far point to big problems down the road. There are lots of other components that if installed backwards are not going to simply not light up. In fact they might light up with disastrous results.

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #625 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By giving this answer I feel I should give the following advice - you need to take a step back and realize something. Several of us tried to caution you before you started this build but you insisted on proceeding. The types of questions that you are raising so far point to big problems down the road. There are lots of other components that if installed backwards are not going to simply not light up. In fact they might light up with disastrous results.

It was just the led that was throwing me. I'm ok with the other bits so far. As far as I'm concerned, i am learning as i progress. Most of the bits i can identify and match to the board layout providing they are marked. I struggle with schematics. Most of the parts on the amps are marked anyway. I have all the parts i need now so i am going to finish the build no matter what. Id rather ask the question on here than make stupid mistakes with disastrous results (as you keep mentioning). Sorry to the rest of you if the questions seem so basic. I just have the mosfets and heatsinks left to put on the power supply.

I have also been chatting with Mr Majestic on the b22 for the past few months, so he has helped me with a hell of a lot! A Big thank you to him!
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #626 of 3,218
The schematic shows LED+ and LED-. Since an LED is supposed to work in a forward-bias condition with current flowing from anode to cathode (positive to negative), you can deduce which way things go.

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #627 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The schematic shows LED+ and LED-. Since an LED is supposed to work in a forward-bias condition with current flowing from anode to cathode (positive to negative), you can deduce which way things go.

Yeh i got it, cheers.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your help. I'm on to the b22 boards next. Oh that should be fun.

I bet n_maher is cringing at the thought!
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #629 of 3,218
^^^

Yes. I have a four channel with standard heatsinks, and while it's not my main amp for my speakers, I've used it on several occasions. It sounds fantastic, and better yet it does not get overly hot while driving them.

That being said however, I should point out that my speakers are super efficient single driver Omegas that are commonly driven by flea amps, and I listen at moderate levels.

Jul 30, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #630 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^

Yes. I have a four channel with standard heatsinks, and while it's not my main amp for my speakers, I've used it on several occasions. It sounds fantastic, and better yet it does not get overly hot while driving them.

That being said however, I should point out that my speakers are super efficient single driver Omegas that are commonly driven by flea amps, and I listen at moderate levels.

Well i made the decision this morning and bought the bigger heatisnks. I guess it just future proofs the amp a little bit.
Thanks for getting back to me.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back