Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #4,216 of 4,743
  Haven't heard the M2, but the M3 was very well built and didn't colour the sound too much, which is rare for mid tier DAPs. The UI was great too on the M3 and it has the USB DAC functionality too.

The LP5K is a DAP I owned, again like the Shanling DAPs it was easy to use and had a decent build. My first one died and the RMA took close to 3 months via the dealer, they're not very responsive when it comes to customer care. It sounded alright, neutral with a slightly warmish tilt, but nowhere near as revealing as the LPG.I'd only use it with easy to drive IEMs, you'll need an amp for some IEMs and most definitely for full sized headphones, the balanced out didn't make much of a difference either. It served as a nice transport with the optical out to the Mojo, but there's better stuff out there now for that purpose. 

I'd look at the Shozy Alien, the newer Alien+, the Aune M2 or even their M1S and maybe the Xduoo x10. From this lot I've only heard the older Alien and Aune M2 and found them to be very impressive. The Aune M2 was a stand out DAP for me, I would have bought one at USD 349 but then came to know the one I head was the "S" version which is USD 300 more than the base version. They also have a "Pro" version sandwiched between these two. If the base version sounds similar I would consider getting one. 

I am getting close to buying Cayin N3, I wonder if it will sound any better than Xduoo X3 but can be used as a transport. I have read about Aune M2 pro, but at $500+ it's bit expensive. 

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #4,222 of 4,743
^ Don't remember the dude's name but he sold his mojo on olx like a year back and I wasn't lucky enough to grab the deal first (missed it by a day). This happened a year back.

I sold my fiio x3ii on olx. I've had quite a few responses for my se846's, ultrasone pro 900's and hd600's ads.
But yeah many of them were head-fiers.

Just to improve visibility:
Hey guys!
My CHORD MOJO is up for sale. will get it shipped from Kerala.
Do pm me if you are interested.

impressions on the ultrasone? i'm quite interested in the 900i

Apr 10, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #4,223 of 4,743
impressions on the ultrasone? i'm quite interested in the 900i

It has been a year since i sold it but i'll try and describe it from what i remember.

*They were great for EDM because the bass they produced was gorgeous.
*Depending on whether you are a treble head you might like or dislike its treble because it sounded quite peaky to me. I found it good for EDM though.
*The mids sounded like they were left out of the equation. Very recessed.

The soundsig was undoubtedly v-shaped and i quite often had ear aches at higher volume levels due to the peak in treble (i am sensitive to treble). But then again if i was into EDM i would never have sold them.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #4,225 of 4,743
Good Evening everyone,
My name is Manu and I'm staying in Bangalore.Although, I used to check headfi for the reviews and comparisons, never knew about this specific thread.

Over the years, I have tried out/owned the following earphones (apologies, if I mispelled some model names here, just stating from memory):
- Sennheiser HD598 SE (My current driver)
- Sennheiser HD439/PL100/PL200/HD201/HD202
- RHA T10i (thinking of selling these soon, as I feel I prefer a different signature)
- 1More Triple Driver
- RHA MA750i
- Beyerdynamic iDX 200ie
- Velodyne vPulse
- Jays A-Jays Five
- Sony MH1C
- Soundmagic E80M/E10/P11/MP11
- MEElectronics M6P/M9
- Brainwavz M2/S1
- Panasonic RP-TCM125
and then of course lots of other ones on my journey including Creative EP-630, 830

As you can see, I'm primarily interested in good budget IEMs (sub-10k at the most, usually sub-5k) as most of my music listening, happens through my phone (S7 Edge w/o any DAC/AMP currently). On laptop, primarily videos plus gaming, which I do through my Senns. 

In terms of DAC/Amps, I honestly don't have much of an experience at all. I have had Fiio E10k, and use Fiio K1 currently.

Over the last couple of days, I was seriously looking into the Chinese IEMs, to see what I can actually look at buying. (Had brought a 1More Triple Driver, and felt it was really great overall, and was looking at buying Quad Driver, which is still not available). I finally saw this thread, and spent quite a lot of time, perusing this thread. Happy to hear there are meetups which occur. :)

I just purchased a couple of earphones, VJJB N1 and Magaosi K3 Pro from Aliexpress. (got an offer on K3 Pro, that I just couldn't refuse :wink: )

Hoping to be a part of this group now, and would love to hear from you all, and hopefully meet up, later on. (Side Note: HD598SE vs HD650, is it much of an upgrade? I really like my 598SE, but would like a bit more detailing)

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #4,226 of 4,743
wait till Shanling M2s launch...They cost below $200

Kuch dekh k bol raha hai k aaise hi bol raha hai, look in to the N3 and M2s first, have you seen the output power difference?

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #4,227 of 4,743
  Good Evening everyone,
My name is Manu and I'm staying in Bangalore.Although, I used to check headfi for the reviews and comparisons, never knew about this specific thread.

Over the years, I have tried out/owned the following earphones (apologies, if I mispelled some model names here, just stating from memory):
- Sennheiser HD598 SE (My current driver)
- Sennheiser HD439/PL100/PL200/HD201/HD202
- RHA T10i (thinking of selling these soon, as I feel I prefer a different signature)
- 1More Triple Driver
- RHA MA750i
- Beyerdynamic iDX 200ie
- Velodyne vPulse
- Jays A-Jays Five
- Sony MH1C
- Soundmagic E80M/E10/P11/MP11
- MEElectronics M6P/M9
- Brainwavz M2/S1
- Panasonic RP-TCM125
and then of course lots of other ones on my journey including Creative EP-630, 830

As you can see, I'm primarily interested in good budget IEMs (sub-10k at the most, usually sub-5k) as most of my music listening, happens through my phone (S7 Edge w/o any DAC/AMP currently). On laptop, primarily videos plus gaming, which I do through my Senns. 

In terms of DAC/Amps, I honestly don't have much of an experience at all. I have had Fiio E10k, and use Fiio K1 currently.

Over the last couple of days, I was seriously looking into the Chinese IEMs, to see what I can actually look at buying. (Had brought a 1More Triple Driver, and felt it was really great overall, and was looking at buying Quad Driver, which is still not available). I finally saw this thread, and spent quite a lot of time, perusing this thread. Happy to hear there are meetups which occur. :)

I just purchased a couple of earphones, VJJB N1 and Magaosi K3 Pro from Aliexpress. (got an offer on K3 Pro, that I just couldn't refuse :wink: )

Hoping to be a part of this group now, and would love to hear from you all, and hopefully meet up, later on. (Side Note: HD598SE vs HD650, is it much of an upgrade? I really like my 598SE, but would like a bit more detailing)

You are going good mate, I too bought the K3 pro and hated the T10, was totally over my head. 598 is not par with 650, and the one who says it is is out of its mind, its not day and night but 650 is technically far better and better at picking micro details, sounds more expensive and dont you dare to drive it out of your what ever flagship device, it just cant power it to sound even close to good. 650 needs amping that too powerful.

Cayin N3 on the way, what else.. In house are these.. I was thinking of buying an amp.. But I got no moolah.

AF180, ods-1 and U3.

And some budget options like 12 classic. Brainwavz 200 arrived a week ago.

I will try to be active too.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #4,228 of 4,743
@suman134 Nice ownership history you have there..
I have also owned HD598 with E10, but HD650 is miles ahead of 598. IMHO its tonality is almost speaker like. Though you will need a decent Amp to extract performance out of them. I am also staying in Bangalore, PM in case you want to demo HD650.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #4,230 of 4,743
  @suman134 Nice ownership history you have there..
I have also owned HD598 with E10, but HD650 is miles ahead of 598. IMHO its tonality is almost speaker like. Though you will need a decent Amp to extract performance out of them. I am also staying in Bangalore, PM in case you want to demo HD650.

Yeah, I am aware I'll definitely need to get a good dac/amp, (would a DFR suffice, is what I'm thinking). In US, seeing HD650 go for 315 USD, so total 515 USD including DFR. Only thing, is don't have the budget right now :/ (so either wait for drop, and get lucky in getting HD650 sub-250 (even used - like new would do) plus opt for DFB instead, so total 320-350 USD, which I can definitely accommodate. Will wait and see. Will send you PM :)

You are going good mate, I too bought the K3 pro and hated the T10, was totally over my head. 598 is not par with 650, and the one who says it is is out of its mind, its not day and night but 650 is technically far better and better at picking micro details, sounds more expensive and dont you dare to drive it out of your what ever flagship device, it just cant power it to sound even close to good. 650 needs amping that too powerful.

Cayin N3 on the way, what else.. In house are these.. I was thinking of buying an amp.. But I got no moolah.

AF180, ods-1 and U3.

And some budget options like 12 classic. Brainwavz 200 arrived a week ago.

I will try to be active too.

Thanks, mate. :) With HD 650 definitely not :) I'm aware it is technically much better, but read in some threads where people were saying that 598 was a more preferable sound signature for them compared to HD600 or 650. To be honest, I don't have that much idea about my preferences, to know for sure just by reading the reviews, whether it would suit me or not. Only after trying, I am able to determine. Some earphones, which were considered to be relatively quite bass-heavy I have liked, but others I've had serious issues with. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back