Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #4,202 of 4,743
^ Don't remember the dude's name but he sold his mojo on olx like a year back and I wasn't lucky enough to grab the deal first (missed it by a day). This happened a year back.

I sold my fiio x3ii on olx. I've had quite a few responses for my se846's, ultrasone pro 900's and hd600's ads.
But yeah many of them were head-fiers.

Just to improve visibility:
Hey guys!
My CHORD MOJO is up for sale. will get it shipped from Kerala.
Do pm me if you are interested.

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #4,204 of 4,743
My Dunu DN-2000J isn't producing sound on the right side on and off due to bad cable bends near housing. My bad. Too harsh wear and tear everyday for 2 years. Drivers are fine on both sides, though.

1. Has anyone tried re-cabling with any upgrade cable? Safe enough a procedure?

2. Any inexpensive company that can do re-cabling in India?

3. Which connector might be the best option considering the small size of the housing? 2-pin or MMCX? Or, fixed cable?

4. Any Hyderabad dwellers can suggest a dependable repairs shop or friendly HeadFier in Hyderabad that can handle the job, if a professional job isn't possible within city?

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #4,205 of 4,743
Could anyone suggest a place in Delhi where I can buy the pinnacle P1 and the likes. Any help is much appreciated.

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #4,206 of 4,743
I'm surprised at the lack of a place in Delhi where I could buy some good iems.

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #4,211 of 4,743
@Ritvik You have extensive first hand experience with DAPs. So, would like to ask you about Lotoo Paw 5k and Shanling M2 and any other DAP within the price range that's better than these. I have read conflicting impressions about LP5K here. 

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #4,213 of 4,743

Congrats, now do share your initial impressions soon after your first listening session, for the rest of us impatient countrymen!

I used  the iSine 10 for more than 50+ hours(dont have them anymore, will get to that later) and here are my impressions.
When I first tried the isines out of the box using my phone, I didn't like the sound.- the midrange was unnatural - had a peak at 3k - it had resonance that hurt my ears a bit,  the bass sounded boomy, and the treble was recessed. Only thing good was the soundstage. It really sounded like an open back headphone. believe me or not - the soundstage is bigger than my 650s. It's true , not some hype that I was worried about. 

After 10 hours of burn in, they changed drastically - the bass improved a lot and beat my HD 650's bass hands down in terms of speed and tightness, it was not boosted yet present, really loved the bass presentation, the midrange's resonance was reduced too and the treble extension was good yet unfatiguing. It was a warm and spacious sound.
I finally ditched my phone and played them through my FiiO X1. The soundstage became wider, the unnaturalness of the midrange was gone - now the midrange sounded lush and laidback somewhat like the 650s, treble was smooth yet extended(not as smooth as the the 650s), the bass got a tiny mid bass boost without losing any tightness and speed. I concluded that the source really plays an important role in how they sound.
They sounded extremely detailed , but their delivery of details was very natural, the details were not unnaturally brought forward in the presentation.  There was a unique euphony to the sound that I have never experienced before. Also, they made my HD 650s sound a bit muddy. Audeze claims that these are the best headphone drivers ever made with almost no distortion and also beat the iems 2-3x their price. I believe them.
I tried EQing them. With the EQ,  they left their warm and relaxing presentation and turned into a lively beast with no distortion even at loud volumes.  

Now the ugly side of them  - the  isolation, comfort , and the design
My ears started to hurt after 30 mins of usage. I tried all the tips. It did not help. You may find it comfortable, though. 
The design is a bit weird , they look ugly to me. I got many stares from people while wearing these outside. They do look like a premium product, though.
Also, if you live in a noisy city, then you would struggle to hear the sound outside. They isolate next to nothing and also leak sound.  So if you are thinking of taking them to a crowded place, then you would be pretty disappointed. These drawbacks made me return them unfortunately. 

Apart from the cons, I think Audeze really outdid themselves with the iSines. yea, it sucks that they dont isolate outside. If they did, they would be perfect.  Audeze knew about the cons, but they did not want to compromise the sound quality at all , that's why they went with the open design - it is understandable. They wanted to show what they can do with an IEM, and they were pretty successful in that. It really is a gamechanging IEM - nothing you have seen or heard before. Kudos to Audeze for that. 
If you are looking for an end game iem with a warm and spacious presentation and don't mind poor isolation, then these are for you. Pair them with a warm source, and they sound euphonic and laidback. EQ them or use the cipher cable, and they sound very lively without being harsh. It is a noticable difference.
(Note - Testing was done with the analogue cable , did not try the cipher cable, though EQ'd them to sound like it )

Apr 8, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #4,214 of 4,743
  @Ritvik You have extensive first hand experience with DAPs. So, would like to ask you about Lotoo Paw 5k and Shanling M2 and any other DAP within the price range that's better than these. I have read conflicting impressions about LP5K here. 

Haven't heard the M2, but the M3 was very well built and didn't colour the sound too much, which is rare for mid tier DAPs. The UI was great too on the M3 and it has the USB DAC functionality too.

The LP5K is a DAP I owned, again like the Shanling DAPs it was easy to use and had a decent build. My first one died and the RMA took close to 3 months via the dealer, they're not very responsive when it comes to customer care. It sounded alright, neutral with a slightly warmish tilt, but nowhere near as revealing as the LPG.I'd only use it with easy to drive IEMs, you'll need an amp for some IEMs and most definitely for full sized headphones, the balanced out didn't make much of a difference either. It served as a nice transport with the optical out to the Mojo, but there's better stuff out there now for that purpose. 

I'd look at the Shozy Alien, the newer Alien+, the Aune M2 or even their M1S and maybe the Xduoo x10. From this lot I've only heard the older Alien and Aune M2 and found them to be very impressive. The Aune M2 was a stand out DAP for me, I would have bought one at USD 349 but then came to know the one I head was the "S" version which is USD 300 more than the base version. They also have a "Pro" version sandwiched between these two. If the base version sounds similar I would consider getting one. 

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #4,215 of 4,743
  I used  the iSine 10 for more than 50+ hours(dont have them anymore, will get to that later) and here are my impressions.
When I first tried the isines out of the box using my phone, I didn't like the sound.- the midrange was unnatural - had a peak at 3k - it had resonance that hurt my ears a bit,  the bass sounded boomy, and the treble was recessed. Only thing good was the soundstage. It really sounded like an open back headphone. believe me or not - the soundstage is bigger than my 650s. It's true , not some hype that I was worried about. 

After 10 hours of burn in, they changed drastically - the bass improved a lot and beat my HD 650's bass hands down in terms of speed and tightness, it was not boosted yet present, really loved the bass presentation, the midrange's resonance was reduced too and the treble extension was good yet unfatiguing. It was a warm and spacious sound.
I finally ditched my phone and played them through my FiiO X1. The soundstage became wider, the unnaturalness of the midrange was gone - now the midrange sounded lush and laidback somewhat like the 650s, treble was smooth yet extended(not as smooth as the the 650s), the bass got a tiny mid bass boost without losing any tightness and speed. I concluded that the source really plays an important role in how they sound.
They sounded extremely detailed , but their delivery of details was very natural, the details were not unnaturally brought forward in the presentation.  There was a unique euphony to the sound that I have never experienced before. Also, they made my HD 650s sound a bit muddy. Audeze claims that these are the best headphone drivers ever made with almost no distortion and also beat the iems 2-3x their price. I believe them.
I tried EQing them. With the EQ,  they left their warm and relaxing presentation and turned into a lively beast with no distortion even at loud volumes.  

Now the ugly side of them  - the  isolation, comfort , and the design
My ears started to hurt after 30 mins of usage. I tried all the tips. It did not help. You may find it comfortable, though. 
The design is a bit weird , they look ugly to me. I got many stares from people while wearing these outside. They do look like a premium product, though.
Also, if you live in a noisy city, then you would struggle to hear the sound outside. They isolate next to nothing and also leak sound.  So if you are thinking of taking them to a crowded place, then you would be pretty disappointed. These drawbacks made me return them unfortunately. 

Apart from the cons, I think Audeze really outdid themselves with the iSines. yea, it sucks that they dont isolate outside. If they did, they would be perfect.  Audeze knew about the cons, but they did not want to compromise the sound quality at all , that's why they went with the open design - it is understandable. They wanted to show what they can do with an IEM, and they were pretty successful in that. It really is a gamechanging IEM - nothing you have seen or heard before. Kudos to Audeze for that. 
If you are looking for an end game iem with a warm and spacious presentation and don't mind poor isolation, then these are for you. Pair them with a warm source, and they sound euphonic and laidback. EQ them or use the cipher cable, and they sound very lively without being harsh. It is a noticable difference.
(Note - Testing was done with the analogue cable , did not try the cipher cable, though EQ'd them to sound like it )

Heard the iSine 20 and loved it too. Like you said its quite hard to get used too, waiting to see what Unique Melody's CIEM sub USD1000 planar will sound like.

Wearing them outside is not really possible, even in the store on a fairly slow day they let a lot of the sound in. The price of a new iSine 20 and that of a used LCD2 is around the same here, given that I cant use it outdoors it's a very hard purchase to justify making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back