Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #4,247 of 4,743
Consider importing this. Phone + DAP combined.
Actually I think that problem with manufacturers like Onkyo is unpolished and buggy software and poor quality control not to mention after sale services. So I am considering LGV20 or LG 6 if it has quad dac. With Onkyo, my situation will be similar to Lenovo Vibe X3.

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #4,248 of 4,743

Consider importing this. Phone + DAP combined.

Actually I think that problem with manufacturers like Onkyo is unpolished and buggy software and poor quality control not to mention after sale services. So I am considering LGV20 or LG 6 if it has quad dac. With Onkyo, my situation will be similar to Lenovo Vibe X3.

I owned the Pioneer XDP 300R which is basically just the DAP version of that device. It was seriously very polished imo. I couldn't find a single bug/ glitch anywhere.

I have the LG G5 w/ B&O DAC as a phone and I am not that impressed with LG's implementation and UI. You can't manually switch High Low Gain. No digital filters. It;s very basic.

Sure, LG V20 will always be the better phone but soundwise Onkyo will trump it. Also the quad dac functionality of LG V20 is useless because it only uses a single DAC in low impedance mode which is most IEM.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #4,250 of 4,743
I owned the Pioneer XDP 300R which is basically just the DAP version of that device. It was seriously very polished imo. I couldn't find a single bug/ glitch anywhere.

I have the LG G5 w/ B&O DAC as a phone and I am not that impressed with LG's implementation and UI. You can't manually switch High Low Gain. No digital filters. It;s very basic.

Sure, LG V20 will always be the better phone but soundwise Onkyo will trump it. Also the quad dac functionality of LG V20 is useless because it only uses a single DAC in low impedance mode which is most IEM.
How about cayin i5 or fiio x5 3rd gen?

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #4,252 of 4,743
Hello every one. Currently I am using Lenovo Vibe X3 as my main source which has Sabre 9018K2M DAC which sounds excellent, but the phone has terrible software and hardware issues. I want to buy a new DAP or even better a good sounding phone. Budget for DAP is around 30k and for phone around 40k..I will be using FLC8S and Meze 99 classics.

If you would consider DACs I'd think the best solution would be the Mojo (I bought one used for under ₹26000 from a fellow head-fier).
Based on sound quality alone, I would rate it as the best value for money currently available under ₹50,000, in my honest opinion. The stacking inconvenience is negated purely by the sonic joy as far as I'm concerned.

In the DAP world though, the Plenue D and Plenue 1 (which nowadays goes for cheaper than MRP in most places due to its successor being released) I would rate very highly in terms of value for money.

Cheers

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #4,253 of 4,743
  How much did Crack+speedball cost? Are you charged for customs? I want to buy one for the hd600. Although it already sounds good with my aune T1.

Oh boy, I've poured a lot of money into my build. I actually scared to sit down and do the math.

But, the sales price was $420 incl.shipping. Customs was Rs. 1500 (declared value was $50).

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #4,254 of 4,743
If you would consider DACs I'd think the best solution would be the Mojo (I bought one used for under ₹26000 from a fellow head-fier).
Based on sound quality alone, I would rate it as the best value for money currently available under ₹50,000, in my honest opinion. The stacking inconvenience is negated purely by the sonic joy as far as I'm concerned.

In the DAP world though, the Plenue D and Plenue 1 (which nowadays goes for cheaper than MRP in most places due to its successor being released) I would rate very highly in terms of value for money.

Cheers

Great price for the Mojo. Like you said it's quite hard to beat under 50K. At 50K however there a full fledged DAPS that compete with or perform better (matter of preference) than the Mojo. Really want to own it again but waiting to see what the Unique Melody ME1 will sound like. Allowing myself only one significant audio purchase in 2017!

The DAPs I like better than the Mojo are the QP1R, AK240/380 and LPG. The Mojo is great companion to these though, it's more musical and with a bit of treble roll off it isn't as brutal on older recordings.

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #4,255 of 4,743
Great price for the Mojo. Like you said it's quite hard to beat under 50K. At 50K however there a full fledged DAPS that compete with or perform better (matter of preference) than the Mojo. Really want to own it again but waiting to see what the Unique Melody ME1 will sound like. Allowing myself only one significant audio purchase in 2017!

The DAPs I like better than the Mojo are the QP1R, AK240/380 and LPG. The Mojo is great companion to these though, it's more musical and with a bit of treble roll off it isn't as brutal on older recordings.

Yes the DAP world is indeed getting thickly populated, and hopefully they'll set new standards for portable audio in terms of sound quality to compete with full sized 'desktop' setups in the near future.

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #4,256 of 4,743

Yes the DAP world is indeed getting thickly populated, and hopefully they'll set new standards for portable audio in terms of sound quality to compete with full sized 'desktop' setups in the near future.

More DAPs need Android imo. Tidal OP

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #4,257 of 4,743
Any place in Delhi where one could try out IEMs before buying them? I know i am being repetitive but i still haven't found an answer. 

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #4,258 of 4,743
  Any place in Delhi where one could try out IEMs before buying them? I know i am being repetitive but i still haven't found an answer. 

I doubt there's such a place in India especially for the high end stuff. I contacted headphonezone and even they could not provide me a demo for the JH Audio lineup which they store.

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #4,259 of 4,743

I doubt there's such a place in India especially for the high end stuff. I contacted headphonezone and even they could not provide me a demo for the JH Audio lineup which they store.

That is indeed a pity. So we have no option but to blind buy? 

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #4,260 of 4,743

That is indeed a pity. So we have no option but to blind buy? 

Identify the sound signature you want, research thoroughly and then buy. You'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back