Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #1,246 of 4,743
  https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-headphones

Guys, this is worth checking out.

$15 shipping to Belgium + 21% state tax. Still really worth. Very interested and considering the AKG KXX.
Still, have to wait till I get to India to purchase a good amplifier.

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #1,247 of 4,743
Vaibhav,

to answer your question on the 700, the following were my impressions. As a preamble, I listened to it for not more than an hour. So that's CYA #1. 
biggrin.gif
. Bass was thicker (and not necessarily tight), recessed midrange and treble peaks that were sharper than the 800. I already had the 650 and 800 when I listened to it. So it was an easy choice to walk away from the 700 very quickly. My choice of SUCKS is rather poor.

Nov 27, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #1,248 of 4,743
Hi ganesh,

I remember you have not one but 2 stax cans? If yes, How many amplifiers do you have ?

I have an idea running somewhere ...

Nov 28, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #1,251 of 4,743
  Guys is this a good deal on the V moda M-80, 10,000 rs off 
basshead.gif
 on shopyourworld(Black Friday Sale)

http://www.shopyourworld.com/Products/V-MODA-Crossfade-M-80-Vocal-On-Ear-No/2055747

Not really. Last year saw them on Amazon at around $100-$120. But since, you get it delivered here seems okay

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #1,253 of 4,743
Fellow Indians, please help me here.

Want to order Zero Audio Carbo Tenore to Mumbai. No one sells this IEM in India. It's available on eBay Global Easybuy but at twice its cost.
It's available easily in US on Amazon, Ebay and more.

Actually I've ordered one from eBay.com (Not their Indian franchise) and it's been shipped from Japan from seller 'Akibashipping' but the seller didn't provide any tracking ID. I'm concerned whether I'll even receive the parcel or not.

Help would be much appreciated. 

Oh and what about customs? How much will they charge for an earphone? Because every international seller states that "Customs and Taxes will be bourne by the customer". Has anyone ordered earphone from abroad before?

Nov 28, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #1,254 of 4,743

Want to order Zero Audio Carbo Tenore to Mumbai. No one sells this IEM in India. It's available on eBay Global Easybuy but at twice its cost.

Actually I've ordered one from eBay.com (Not their Indian franchise) and it's been shipped from Japan from seller 'Akibashipping' but the seller didn't provide any tracking ID. I'm concerned whether I'll even receive the parcel or not.

Oh and what about customs? How much will they charge for an earphone? Because every international seller states that "Customs and Taxes will be bourne by the customer". Has anyone ordered earphone from abroad before?

i believe customs will be 30% of product value in worst case.

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #1,255 of 4,743

Hi there,

I had ordered new earphones from Lendmeurears.com (Singapore); they have free shipping for most of their products, and I didn't have to pay anything extra at all. No customs whatsoever. Fast delivery too, in under a week.
As for ebay US, I had ordered a pair of Over ear headphones about 2 years back; that took an awful long time to reach, close to 2 months, but reach it did. My patience did pay off. But I had to pay approx. 1200 INR as customs for the item value of about 100 USD (Approx 5500 INR at that time), so total came to about 6700 INR.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #1,256 of 4,743
Thanks people... That helps.

Nov 29, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #1,257 of 4,743
Folks,

Am thinking of selling my Philips Citiscape Uptown headphones; they haven't seen much use, and hence are in extremely good condition. Want to fund a new headphone purchase, possibly the Fidelio L1/ L2; not decided yet. Am sharing some pics below, old & new. If anyone's interested, do let me know via PM.  

Cheers

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #1,260 of 4,743
Anybody read the review on the Beyerdynamic DT 990 by xoriac, great review! thought I will share a link here : http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-dt-990-pro-headphones/reviews/12051
Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back