Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #1,276 of 4,743

PSThe Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) was created by Google India on 12 December 2012 in collaboration with a number of Indian online shopping portals. The concept of the GOSF was that the online shopping sites would give heavy discounts for one day, in order to promote their sales. Occurs annually. 

Thanks. The only time I got the best deal ever in India was on the Senn HD 800 so there is partial redemption (a nod to snapdeal)

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #1,277 of 4,743
  You are right... .all the resellers you mentioned are disappointing. Maybe they are more reliable sources than the Free Worldwide shippers (LMUE, Shenzhenaudio, Aliexpress, DX, etc) but the prices are just ridiculous.

Also I rarely manage to find what I'm looking for.

Also I don't think GOSF will make more difference. I'm all down for the current hot sellers like Havi B3 Pro, KC06, TTPOD T1E and more. None of which available here in India ~~

Actually I don't know if they are more reliable. I am not sure how they handle warranties and returns. Also it's likely they aren't authorized resellers, which is risky if you have your eye on chinese iEMs. 
Most of the time small packages like IEMs slip through customs(ordinary post). But considering the deals that are often available, I wouldn't mind paying the customs duty.

We do have stores like Hifinage, who are authorized resellers for HiFiMAN, Vsonic, Astrotec, T-peos and Fidue. Granted they do not carry the entire range, but their prices more or less match the MRP and they take care or RMAs. The new Fidue A71 and A63 will be in stock soon too, which is good news.

Dec 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #1,278 of 4,743
  Shreyas,

What is GOSF? BTW, for all, the amazon.in is trying to rip people off by listing the HD 600 at 41 grand. Sennheiser had it on sale last Friday at $260. You do the math and add in 30% duty. Nowhere close. Sheesh !

They are but can't predict those guys.
I needed a HD600 to complete my collection so I had to import it via Adorama, total cost - 36,000 INR - Inclusive of all taxes.

I'm not a fan of De-Valuing and all those Evasion tricks, as far as Amazon is concerned, I can't seem to understand why they are charging the extra 5k.

Sennheiser has a highly skilled team who clears their monthly shipments from Customs, they get away by paying very low amount of duty.(Reason for similar prices compared to many other countries)
Basically, if you want to import something personally, pay the duty or resort to the Evasion ruse which I'm completely against.

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #1,279 of 4,743
Guys, I am currently in Delhi for a short trip and got more than my fair share of headphones with me. I'd be happy to sell some of these (wasn't planning on before I saw this thread). This is what I have with me

2xUE 4000 in white
1xBose QC15
2xTripleFi 10vi
1xWestone 4
1xShure SE535LTD
1xMeelectronics M6 in clear

Practically all of these are in like new condition.

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #1,280 of 4,743
As I have observed Snapdeal comes up with the lowest prices for any item with some insanely good offers on Flipkart(WS Retail is doing a good job). Problem with Snapdeal is the lack of reviews and incorrect item description. Read this page for instance:

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/fiio-e09k-desktop-amplifier/1346079

The impedance range mentioned in the description just below the item and the table are different. I have got even the wrong item from Snapdeal and for that same reason I would prefer Flipkart anyday and for more hard to find items and accessories ebay!

Amazon has no control over their pricing. Yes I also noticed the HD 600 listed wrongly. If a person is given a task of spending his money as quickly as possibly and in as insane a manner as possible no 1 choice is rediff.com though!

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #1,284 of 4,743
  Guys, I am currently in Delhi for a short trip and got more than my fair share of headphones with me. I'd be happy to sell some of these (wasn't planning on before I saw this thread). This is what I have with me

2xUE 4000 in white
1xBose QC15
2xTripleFi 10vi
1xWestone 4
1xShure SE535LTD
1xMeelectronics M6 in clear

Practically all of these are in like new condition.

how much for tf10 ?

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #1,288 of 4,743
Apparently, Signature Acoustics have designed a new IEM.

http://www.proaudiohome.com/SIGNATURE-ACOUSTICS-O16-Live

I recently lost both my Pistons (was drunk)  and thinking if I should give these a try.

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #1,289 of 4,743
  Apparently, Signature Acoustics have designed a new IEM.

http://www.proaudiohome.com/SIGNATURE-ACOUSTICS-O16-Live

I recently lost both my Pistons (was drunk)  and thinking if I should give these a try.

I should be getting my pair in a few days.
Don't know how long the early bird price will last though.

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #1,290 of 4,743
The seller in TE for the X3 is a member here in H-fi by the name of Jaredbasshead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back