Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #1,231 of 4,743
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-headphones

Guys, this is worth checking out.

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #1,233 of 4,743
I always wanted to own an AKG K series headphone, from the time I watched Will Ferrell's movie 'Everything must go'. This was before I got into Headphones early 2011.

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #1,234 of 4,743
Tried the Sennheiser HD800 yesterday at their Cunningham Road outlet here in Bangalore. Flawless, finding it really hard to go back to my Grados, though they are really good. The soundstage is outstanding, the floor is so low and the top is quite high as well. Did not find it sibilant in any way. Can really just focus on the music!

Also it was paired with a Lehman Audio Black Cube Linear guess that helps too!

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #1,235 of 4,743
Tried the Sennheiser HD800 yesterday at their Cunningham Road outlet here in Bangalore. Flawless, finding it really hard to go back to my Grados, though they are really good. The soundstage is outstanding, the floor is so low and the top is quite high as well. Did not find it sibilant in any way. Can really just focus on the music!

Nice! Are you referring to their newly opened 'Experience store'? If so, how is the store itself..can one demo any model with one's own source device?

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #1,236 of 4,743
No this is their main store it has been there in Bangalore for quite a while. They let you sit down a kind of laid back chair, totally comfortable. Its a small rectangular glass room, totally isolated and I was in there for nearly 30 minutes, could have sat in for more.There were the top Sennheisers - HD 650, HD 700 and the HD 800, all in a row. There was a Tascam CD player, pitch set to seven and at normal volume. That was connected to a Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear. I was listening to some relaxing music, like lounge I think, there was a classical track as well. Like I said, it has no flaws whatever, is a good definition of flawless.
The store person seemed a bit surprised when I made it out in 30 minutes. 
confused_face_2.gif
 I could have sat in for an hour even, pretty sure. Definitely my next headphone purchase!

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #1,237 of 4,743

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #1,240 of 4,743
I'm from Mumbai and I'm a very passionate listener! Sad thing though is that I can't afford expensive stuff yet..... family members see my every gear as more nuisance lol
Anyway currently I own

1. Sennheiser CX300 II
2. Sony XB90EX
3. Klipsch Reference S4
4. Sony XB400

Had Sony XB30EX in the past and some unremarkable local brands as well. I'm waiting for my Tenores which I'll receive very soon.

Still need an Amp. I do not own any amp ~ but will purchase it whenever I can.

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #1,241 of 4,743
  No this is their main store it has been there in Bangalore for quite a while. They let you sit down a kind of laid back chair, totally comfortable. Its a small rectangular glass room, totally isolated and I was in there for nearly 30 minutes, could have sat in for more.There were the top Sennheisers - HD 650, HD 700 and the HD 800, all in a row. There was a Tascam CD player, pitch set to seven and at normal volume. That was connected to a Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear. I was listening to some relaxing music, like lounge I think, there was a classical track as well. Like I said, it has no flaws whatever, is a good definition of flawless.
The store person seemed a bit surprised when I made it out in 30 minutes. 
confused_face_2.gif
 I could have sat in for an hour even, pretty sure. Definitely my next headphone purchase!

did you compare all 3?

must be awesome, sitting with 3 top hps and amp all on your own.

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #1,242 of 4,743

did you compare all 3?

must be awesome, sitting with 3 top hps and amp all on your own.

No just the HD 800, I have heard the HD 650 before, but I still think I should have tried all three. I was so lost with the HD 800 and yes the setup is awesome and the phones are flawless. They told me that they have had good burn in so everything sounds at their best because of that.

Nov 25, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #1,243 of 4,743
Rajeev,

I have two out of the three by choice. IMO, the HD 700 sucks. The 650 is the perfect complement to the 800. If you like a nice neutral headphone that does not cost much, get the HD 600. 650 is colored on the warm side. The 800 is in my view the best electro-dynamic HP there is.

Nov 25, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #1,244 of 4,743
  Rajeev,

I have two out of the three by choice. IMO, the HD 700 sucks. The 650 is the perfect complement to the 800. If you like a nice neutral headphone that does not cost much, get the HD 600. 650 is colored on the warm side. The 800 is in my view the best electro-dynamic HP there is.

Well I like slightly warm headphones and so yes HD 650 definitely over the HD 600 plus, HD 600 is not available in India. I am just waiting to get the HD 650 recabled. It is to order a new cable that I went to Sennheiser.already have the headphone :)

Next purchase is definitely the HD 800. Also general question have you tried the Grados higher end PS1000 and GS1000?

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #1,245 of 4,743
  No just the HD 800, I have heard the HD 650 before, but I still think I should have tried all three. I was so lost with the HD 800 and yes the setup is awesome and the phones are flawless. They told me that they have had good burn in so everything sounds at their best because of that.

they talked about burn in? they are definitely targeting unsuspecting idiots like me.

Rajeev,

why does it suck?

also you are still sticking to that term. looks like your research has finally paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back