Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #2,866 of 4,743
  Now here I am after one month, and now I am thinking that this headphone (100AAP) might be a little soft for my taste, I just seek a little more dynamism, if that's the word. So I have already put it on for sale, do you guys think that the 770 will be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over this cans? Cause I don't want to buy it unless its a worthy upgrade if you get what I mean. 

- Saurav

Beyers have pretty good dynamics but the 770 and 990 Pros have quite awful Frequency response which is what makes it 'fun' to listen to & could well be your cup of tea. If you are treble sensitive there is spike just below 10KHz that can be annoying if you listen to a lot of electronica - claps can be thorns. You would definitely need an amp and a FIIO E11 will do fine.
In your price range its hard to have a 'significant' step up with isolation but my experience with the current market is quite a bit outdated. 

@MrTechAgent

could probably help you with Beyers, he has a good level of experience with Pros and Premiums alike.

Contrary to some responses to your post, beyerdynamic headphones are NOT hard to drive unless they are 600 ohm Premium versions. Most beyers come with high sensitivity and even 250 ohm versions can be driven for your desktop use to decent level without amp and to great level with your E11 amp. Don't hesitate. 

May be good SPL but the 250 ohm Beyers lack in dynamics and have higher distortion across the board when driven directly from desktop unless of course with a good sound card like an Asus Xonar.... 

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #2,867 of 4,743
  If anyone of your relatives/ friends are coming to India from US don't forget to ask them to buy Puro IEM500 for you. Its a dream come true experience guys. Extreme clarity in mids and highs, tons of details without sibilance, deep controlled bass, extremely wide soundstage. They shine with added amp. I'm using them with Fiio X3ii+ Topping NX1. It's a wonderful experience.:)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Puro-Sound-Labs-IEM500-Studio-Grade-In-Ear-Monitors-with-Dual-Dynamic-Drivers-/311362867142

Those look a lot like Zero Audio Duoza which are also DD but 3 times the price. Titanium tweeter - quite impressive. Thanks @aaDee 

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #2,868 of 4,743

Those look a lot like Zero Audio Duoza which are also DD but 3 times the price. Titanium tweeter - quite impressive. Thanks @aaDee 

Puro on their website originally cost $200 and now on sale for around $110. Several other headfiers along with me seriously feel that they are wirth $200 easily. Try it to believe it.
I spent a lot on cheaper iems, then realised I could have bought only one iem that does the job. I think Puro has done that.

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #2,869 of 4,743
Jan 12, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #2,870 of 4,743
Okay so thanks for all the responses, it seems like I am unfortunate that no one so far has had the experience of listening to both the headphones, well. Also I see that in my budget it might not be a significant upgrade to go for the 770 Pro from 100AAP, and I don't really want to do a side-grade anyway. I don't want any better isolation, to me 100AAP has enough isolation and comfort for me, I only want better sound quality, that is better details, more bright etc., and that too to a noticeable amount, cause you understand that how painful it is to sell just a month old headphone, believe me, no one wants to do that.

And thanks a lot for the number of the Beyer person, in case I decide to go with it I will surely contact him.

Really appreciate it guys.

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #2,871 of 4,743
Originally Posted by ithehappy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Okay so thanks for all the responses, it seems like I am unfortunate that no one so far has had the experience of listening to both the headphones, well. Also I see that in my budget it might not be a significant upgrade to go for the 770 Pro from 100AAP, and I don't really want to do a side-grade anyway. I don't want any better isolation, to me 100AAP has enough isolation and comfort for me, I only want better sound quality, that is better details, more bright etc., and that too to a noticeable amount, cause you understand that how painful it is to sell just a month old headphone, believe me, no one wants to do that.

And thanks a lot for the number of the Beyer person, in case I decide to go with it I will surely contact him.

Purchased DT 770 Pro (32 ohm) for a decent Rs.11,000/- inclusive of taxes last week for a friend from the aforementioned official person. Just in case the price is inviting enough to you. Attaching receipt to give you some courage.

I strongly feel a beyer will stand the test of time better than a Sony can. (Not to mention, I find a bit of Bose-like, but not so much as Bose, "processed sound" quality in all Sony headphones except for the professional ones like MDR 7506 as opposed to near-honest beyer sound). Your choice at the end.

I have been truly happy with 770 and 1350 for portable use, 880 and 1770 for studio, 990 for movies. Great value for money. Germans have certain integrity in the way they design, engineer, manufacture and price the products they commit themselves to. It's more of self-indulgence in one's job and less of sensitivity to outward-commerce. As if they aren't perturbed by the rest of the world when it comes to trends and fads and market variations and pricing patterns. The DT 150 that you see in broadcast equipment and sets during random movie scenes from the 70s was priced just as much as it is now minus inflation and made with similar quality and commitment and to similar undying demand and satisfaction and so truly that I still see the same DT 150s being purchased and used in latest movie scenes and actual TV and broadcast offices from my own [size=12.152777671813965px]experience[/size] in film and advertising industries. Hell, I even have pics of Stanely Kubrick obsessively attached to his DT 48 in the working stills of many of his films. I always pause a scenes in movies when I see a headphone just to see what the make and model is.

Also, more than anything else, bless A Clockwork Orange, at the end of the day, it's all about free will. Go buy what your heart wishes. 

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #2,872 of 4,743

I use my headphone with my desktop system mainly, if not always, motherboard's sound, with a E11 amp, that's all. And music listening is my least usage here but movies and gaming, just thought about mentioning it, that's all.

- Saurav

So gaming and movies more than music ? Why do you need isolation then ? Why not then go for an open can? They will give you a more expansive field of sound. 

If you are considering open ones I would urge you to consider the Ahuja AHP-1800 for a mere 3k INR this might be a better bet for your needs since they are rebranded Takstar Hi2050 which have been favourably reviewed and compared against the Beyers. Here is a test sound to give you an idea. 

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #2,873 of 4,743
Hi I am from India...just found this thread .....did not know that many people are interested in High end audio equipment in India.
I have recently started listening to high end headphones and this hobby is amazing. It is great to know there is separate thread for headfiers from India where i could find audio enthusiasts locally. I always though audiophile community wasn't so active in India.

I currently own this gear :-
Headphones and IEM's -  Philips Fidelio X2, Vsonic VSD3, Me-electronics M11
Amp & DAC - Fiio E17K Alpen 2

Jan 13, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #2,874 of 4,743
@Subhakar : Thanks a lot for mentioning everything mate. That price is not inviting for me though, its superbly inviting, LOL, contacting the person tomorrow. Which one do you think I should get, 32 or 80 ohms one? Cause temporarily I will be using it with my E11, but later, after a couple of months or so I WILL buy a better DAC and AMP, eyeing the Creative E11, if price is good and availability in India, if not, at least the Xonar U7. So do you think I can go for the 80 ohms version? I rarely use it with my phone, cause I prefer IEM for mobile usage, so it mainly will be desktop usage.

@ayaflo : Yes, movies/shows and gaming get significantly more usage for me than music. But still I simply don't like the idea of a open back system, they leak an abnormal amount of sound. The day I think I am okay to open back headphones I will move back to using speaker systems. I seek a lot of privacy and respect the same, hope you understand what I am saying.

God I wish I had found this topic earlier, the loss then I would not have to bear.

Thanks a lot to all, again, you guys are really nice 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #2,875 of 4,743
@Subhakar
 : Thanks a lot for mentioning everything mate. That price is not inviting for me though, its superbly inviting, LOL, contacting the person tomorrow. Which one do you think I should get, 32 or 80 ohms one? Cause temporarily I will be using it with my E11, but later, after a couple of months or so I WILL buy a better DAC and AMP, eyeing the Creative E11, if price is good and availability in India, if not, at least the Xonar U7. So do you think I can go for the 80 ohms version? I rarely use it with my phone, cause I prefer IEM for mobile usage, so it mainly will be desktop usage.

@ayaflo
 : Yes, movies/shows and gaming get significantly more usage for me than music. But still I simply don't like the idea of a open back system, they leak an abnormal amount of sound. The day I think I am okay to open back headphones I will move back to using speaker systems. I seek a lot of privacy and respect the same, hope you understand what I am saying.

God I wish I had found this topic earlier, the loss then I would not have to bear.

Thanks a lot to all, again, you guys are really nice :)

32 ohm.
Great, unamped.
Mightier, amped.
And all-black.

You should try DT 1350. Tesla driver. On-ear. Very transparent sound. Portable. Ask for it at 11 or 12k. They will give.

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #2,876 of 4,743
That was a very decent price for the beyers. May I know who do you get it from and how may I contact him? Is the products new or used?

*edit* just saw your post of the contact in the last page. How should i make the reference to you? By saying Subhakar? :D

Jan 14, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #2,879 of 4,743
That was a very decent price for the beyers. May I know who do you get it from and how may I contact him? Is the products new or used?

*edit* just saw your post of the contact in the last page. How should i make the reference to you? By saying Subhakar?
biggrin.gif

Yep. :) That will do.
(Buy direct from beyerdynamic India office. New units, not used. Call the headphones sales manager: Abdul Shaik: 991654483. Bangalore. They will ship within India for free.)

Jan 14, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #2,880 of 4,743
Hi guys,

Can you recommend me a closed headphone/IEM within Rs. 5000 that is good for gaming? I prefer positional accuracy over the volume of the soundstage.
Semi-open headphones are fine as long as the leakage is very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back