Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #2,374 of 4,743
So how do you like the X3 with the E12A?

In the initial comparisons with X3, the E12A certainly brings out more detail and a feeling of realism to the music, especially in the treble regions as far as I've noticed. Where this became apparent is in percussion instruments where I could hear hi hats and cymbals in more detail, and they had a good amount of 'texture' to them, as against a 'one dimensional' sort of treble response on the X3 stand alone.
The other area where I'm expecting to get audio improvement is in the opening up and expansion of the sound, which I haven't yet been able to thoroughly compare and experience. This could possibly be due to my current headphones' limitations.
As for the bass and mids, there is certain improvement in these frequencies, the bass being tighter and more controlled in my opinion. I'm yet to make a thorough comparison here though, especially in the mids where the X3 by itself sounds pretty good imo.

All things considered I'm pretty much sorted for now, and am targeting a headphone upgrade to the Fidelio X2 later in the year if all goes as planned.

Cheers

May 23, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #2,375 of 4,743
Sweet stack!
Early Havi impressions?

The Havis sound pretty good, almost exactly as I expected, I may add. They are mostly neutral as far as I can tell at present, and perform probably at a much higher level than their price point, although I haven't listened to any high end iem's yet, so please do take my opinions with this in mind. My comparisons are made with my current gear, and except for the bass response which seems slightly toned down in terms of impact and detail, the other frequencies perform very well indeed, and I would not miss my HD558 or Denons that much in comparison. These are early impressions though, and I'll wait to see if there are any changes in the sound; perceived or factual. For what its worth, my personal initial rating on the Havis would be 4/5 in terms of sound quality.

Thanks & cheers

May 23, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #2,376 of 4,743
The Havis sound pretty good, almost exactly as I expected, I may add.

For some tracks, the bass on the Havis sound a bit too flat. You might find the bass boost on the E12A really helpful in such situations. Adds a very subtle boost without affecting the neutral sound signature.

May 23, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #2,377 of 4,743
For some tracks, the bass on the Havis sound a bit too flat. You might find the bass boost on the E12A really helpful in such situations. Adds a very subtle boost without affecting the neutral sound signature.

Yes this is very subtle indeed, and at the first instance I couldn't tell the added bass boost, especially being used to the boost in mid bass frequencies which is usually provided by lower end players and even FiiO's own X3 & E07k for that matter, but upon the 2nd careful listen it became apparent, and the music became a little more 'fuller' IMO. Further turning off of the bass boost made the sound 'thinner', and at present I've got it on mostly.
Albums like Amber Rubarth's Sessions from the 17th Ward, where a bass boost isn't required per se, render the cello (the only bass centric instrument used here) better and more real imo.

May 24, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #2,378 of 4,743
Confirmed guest list is looking impressive
popcorn.gif

May 24, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #2,379 of 4,743
Hi. If anyone interested in getting a HE400 locally in india, I have a used unit here to let go. Do refer to my sales thread and drop me a pm if anyone is interested :D

May 28, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #2,382 of 4,743
Waiting to hear impressions, with pics of course, of The Barking Deer Summit!

The post-meet silence is deafening
blink.gif

Found some pictures anyway.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.892181487487132.1073741831.151162144922407&type=1

May 28, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #2,383 of 4,743

The post-meet silence is deafening
blink.gif

Found some pictures anyway.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.892181487487132.1073741831.151162144922407&type=1

I was full fledged and ready for the meet but couldn't go at the last moment because of some temporary health issue. Especially because I reside far from the Venue.
Surely missed it, I so much wanted to try out some gear :frowning2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back