Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #2,401 of 4,743
Here is my BLU-100 review.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-blu-100-bluetooth-iems/reviews/13294

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #2,402 of 4,743
Hi Suman,

Can you provide a comparison between the AN-16 & the Titan 1? 

I would like to know particularly the linearity in treble, thickness in mid-range, transient response & speed.

Thank in advance,

Jun 8, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #2,403 of 4,743
Sorry aya, slightly busy now, i will do a SQ comparison for you but you will have to wait till tomorrow.

Sorry!!

Jun 9, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #2,404 of 4,743
  Hi Suman,

Can you provide a comparison between the AN-16 & the Titan 1? 

I would like to know particularly the linearity in treble, thickness in mid-range, transient response & speed.

Thank in advance,

My apologies for the inconvenience.

So the basic difference is in thickness and presentation. When Titan keeps things lean and tries to throw things far with a V shaped signature with similar amount of details and clarity added with sparky highs, some mid bass bolt. It keeps in the dark realm with a knife in its hand.
 AN-16 keeps things thicker with a better body or say fuller body and keeps things closer with a fairly balanced signature, similar extension but lacks that much of spark and bass feels more even overall with similar sub bass and mid bass quantity. It keep in the bright realm with a mace in hand.

Obviously i liked AN-16 more as its thick mids are really enjoyable, male vocals get their fair share of energy and females are neutral too.
 AN-16 has more linear treble as i mentioned earlier, it has very good extension, slightly better than Titan, but lacks that much of excitement.

If speed in concern is in general notes department, AN-16 being thicker makes it slightly slower but more enjoyable, If on bass, i feel AN-16 is hair faster, as mid bass is not much prominent.
 Do i need to say finishing of notes is smoother and better on AN-16? Titan-1 ends things in a edgy manner, in a hurry, its like cooked nicely tastes good too but leaves something like a sharp sensation for awhile. Not with AN-16.

Even if AN-16 feels airy, livelier and marry making kind, it lacks fair bit of sound stage, if that is fine, AN-16 anytime any day.

Cheers!! I hope your wait paid off.

Jun 9, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #2,405 of 4,743
Thanks! I just wanted to know if Bio-cellulose has its own characteristics over Titanium. I think with Titanium the bass is very visceral and highs very idiosyncratic, the timbre is sometimes weird. I only feel the lower-mids to be scooped with the Titans, this doesn't give a V-shaped sound per se but yeah relative to the AN-16 I see your point! 
Bio-Cellulose sounds more organic if that's the word to use but this might be one off. My experience with Bio-Cellulose has been great, the speed is better than armatures IMO.
Thanks again! 

Jun 9, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #2,406 of 4,743
  Thanks! I just wanted to know if Bio-cellulose has its own characteristics over Titanium. I think with Titanium the bass is very visceral and highs very idiosyncratic, the timbre is sometimes weird. I only feel the lower-mids to be scooped with the Titans, this doesn't give a V-shaped sound per se but yeah relative to the AN-16 I see your point! 
Bio-Cellulose sounds more organic if that's the word to use but this might be one off. My experience with Bio-Cellulose has been great, the speed is better than armatures IMO.
Thanks again! 

My dear friend. What would be the best IEM for metal? Nile, Necrophagist, Beyond Creation, Decapitated, Devourement, Deadly remains types

Jun 9, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #2,407 of 4,743

Thanks again! 

Yes, more organic for sure, bass is faster no doubt, notes have better body and timber is better too.

But then i think its about tuning, thing can be neutralized with a better chamber and material used for housing?

I am not a geek in this but i wonder.

Jun 9, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #2,408 of 4,743
  My dear friend. What would be the best IEM for metal? Nile, Necrophagist, Beyond Creation, Decapitated, Devourement, Deadly remains types

Hey been real long!

Metal needs fast response. i.e, for a given millimeter square of diaphragm for 1 milliWatt of power the diaphragm needs to displace everything from the fine picking of lower tuned bass guitars to double bass drums to distinct cymbals!! How can you do that with a single dynamic diaphragm earphone ? You can't !!
Best alternatives - 1) Tilt the tuning towards the treble and roll-off bass so it doesn't have to respond at the lowest frequencies & have troughs for a few registers up - this needs mastering else you get ****ty peaks in the treble and an IEM devoid of any warmth! or 2) Use a super light material for the diaphragm to account for sensitivity or inject the diaphragm with a material that is lighter to make the whole diaphragm more sensitive to given input power - which needs R&D into diaphragm materials, which only Sony seems to be doing. 3) & finally Balance Armatures since their diaphragms are super small, consequently light & unless there is a crossover always sound lean even if there is extension.

Most Pocket friendly option therefore would be BA's like TWFK BA's that do well for metal like Nile, Necrophagist, Decapitated, Dying Fetus. 

If you are sensitive to sibilance a mild level of roll-off in the treble would be preferable. Perhaps you should look into Vsonic VC1k.

On a special note: I like the Dunu Titan's for metal since they have a sub-bass roll off and sound lean, because of the Titanium injected diaphragm. 
And I know you didn't ask for this long text, but teach a man to fish and he shall earn his living. 
beerchug.gif

Cheers,

Jun 10, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #2,409 of 4,743

Hey Guys,

We had a blast at Headphone Connect in Mumbai a few weeks ago. And, so we thought we'd do it again and this time in Bangalore! There are a lot of Head-Fiers in Bangalore and so we thought its about time a Community Meetup event for Audiophiles and Headphone Enthusiasts was hosted in the city. 

For those who weren't following this thread, Headphone Connect is all about interaction and discovery. A BYOG - Bring Your Own Gear Event; novices and seasoned audiophiles are welcome to share how they listen. It'll allow for everyone there to really try out and compare al the best headphones, players and amplifiers used by Head-Fiers in India,. 

Our location partner in Bangalore - Arbour Brewing Company, is the city's finest microbrewery serving handcrafted beer and is the most happening space today in the heart of Bangalore. 

Please do join us at 4:00pm, 21st June 2015 at Arbour Brewing Company, Magrath Road. Theres a little bit more detail out here: http://www.headphonezone.in/pages/headphone-connect

Please RSVP by clicking on this link and filling out a short RSVP formhttp://goo.gl/forms/jbZhLzC0k6

I hope to see you guys in Bangalore!

Thank you,
Raghav Somani

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,410 of 4,743

Hey Guys,

We had a blast at Headphone Connect in Mumbai a few weeks ago. And, so we thought we'd do it again and this time in Bangalore! There are a lot of Head-Fiers in Bangalore and so we thought its about time a Community Meetup event for Audiophiles and Headphone Enthusiasts was hosted in the city. 

For those who weren't following this thread, Headphone Connect is all about interaction and discovery. A BYOG - Bring Your Own Gear Event; novices and seasoned audiophiles are welcome to share how they listen. It'll allow for everyone there to really try out and compare al the best headphones, players and amplifiers used by Head-Fiers in India,. 

Our location partner in Bangalore - Arbour Brewing Company, is the city's finest microbrewery serving handcrafted beer and is the most happening space today in the heart of Bangalore. 

Please do join us at 4:00pm, 21st June 2015 at Arbour Brewing Company, Magrath Road. Theres a little bit more detail out here: http://www.headphonezone.in/pages/headphone-connect

Please RSVP by clicking on this link and filling out a short RSVP formhttp://goo.gl/forms/jbZhLzC0k6

Thank you,
Raghav Somani

All right!! I'll be there with my gear for sure.
Let's get the vendor guest list nice and heavy Raghav! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #2,411 of 4,743

Hey Guys,

Thank you,
Raghav Somani

Done. Will get whatever I have :)

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #2,412 of 4,743

Hey Guys,

Thank you,
Raghav Somani

How I wish I was there!

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #2,413 of 4,743

Hey Guys,

Thank you,
Raghav Somani

Arrgh, just waiting for the Delhi leg!

Happy listening to the Bangalore folks; not to mention the handcrafted beer.

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #2,414 of 4,743
My rotten luck with universal IEMs continues! Didn't use my Carbo Tenore for a week, they were in a box all the while. Pulled them out a couple of weeks ago and the right driver wasn't working. I'm starting to think my customs in the long run would have saved me some serious cash!

While this was going on my LCD-2s drivers failed for the second time this year. Audeze has brilliant support and service though, my drivers were replaced in under 2 weeks in Singapore (so no shipping) and their policy renews warranty on the drivers. So despite my cans being nearly a year old my drivers have a 3 warranty on them that's effective from when the drivers are changed out. Wouldn't mind a driver dying on me once a year if this is the service I get!

I used my old Asus phone's bundled iem for two weeks and couldn't take it any more. I ordered the Fidue A73 from Penon Audio. These will be my first hybrid if I'm not mistaken, hope they turn out to be good. Was a toss up between this and the Titans but from what I read these are a bit warmer which is a nice change from my desktop setup and probably a better option for my daily commute. I'm hoping these last a year, or at least till Lear's crowded funded NSS IEMs ship out!

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #2,415 of 4,743
  My rotten luck with universal IEMs continues! Didn't use my Carbo Tenore for a week, they were in a box all the while. Pulled them out a couple of weeks ago and the right driver wasn't working. I'm starting to think my customs in the long run would have saved me some serious cash!

While this was going on my LCD-2s drivers failed for the second time this year. Audeze has brilliant support and service though, my drivers were replaced in under 2 weeks in Singapore (so no shipping) and their policy renews warranty on the drivers. So despite my cans being nearly a year old my drivers have a 3 warranty on them that's effective from when the drivers are changed out. Wouldn't mind a driver dying on me once a year if this is the service I get!

I used my old Asus phone's bundled iem for two weeks and couldn't take it any more. I ordered the Fidue A73 from Penon Audio. These will be my first hybrid if I'm not mistaken, hope they turn out to be good. Was a toss up between this and the Titans but from what I read these are a bit warmer which is a nice change from my desktop setup and probably a better option for my daily commute. I'm hoping these last a year, or at least till Lear's crowded funded NSS IEMs ship out!

Then you should try some tough ones like MA-750 or T10 or removable cable ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back