RockJaw Alfa Genus - Reviews, Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #46 of 179
I'm looking to jump on this train. Do I buy the $45 one sold by RockJaw from Amazon or the $49.50 from Amazon direct?

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #47 of 179
  I'm looking to jump on this train. Do I buy the $45 one sold by RockJaw from Amazon or the $49.50 from Amazon direct?

They are the same old version with two nozzle instead of three. If I were you, I would choose the cheaper one.

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #48 of 179

Get whichever one has all 3 filters.

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #49 of 179
I just ordered a set from Amazon (USA) today!  Happy Birthday to me.
I saw Brooko mention these in a different review and then came here.  Great review Brooko!  I ordered them before I even knew there was a champagne/gold version.

Can't wait to get them.  I am really looking forward to them.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #52 of 179
As I mentioned before, if you get a non champagne model, just shoot me a PM and I will sort you out with a pair.

Cheers
Bob

Thanks for the offer, but I already ordered the filter from the website, and it is from the UK so might take awhile. 

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #53 of 179
  I just ordered a set from Amazon (USA) today!  Happy Birthday to me.
I saw Brooko mention these in a different review and then came here.  Great review Brooko!  I ordered them before I even knew there was a champagne/gold version.

Can't wait to get them.  I am really looking forward to them.

Glad you enjoyed the review.  I still use the A-Gs from time to time - even though I have higher end triple hybrids on hand. The changeable filters are really done right (3 distinct flavours) as opposed to some others I've tried.

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #54 of 179
Ordered these via the Rock Jaw website, Just to let you know that these guys are A1 regarding customer interaction... had a problem ordering on-line on my credit card, Joe in Rock Jaw sorted it out within 20 mins. (and no my card wasn't maxed out!!) its just great to have confidence that i am dealing with a pro active company that values our hard earned money. Well, thats my pennies worth! Will post my review once received.

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #55 of 179
Ordered these via the Rock Jaw website, Just to let you know that these guys are A1 regarding customer interaction... had a problem ordering on-line on my credit card, Joe in Rock Jaw sorted it out within 20 mins. (and no my card wasn't maxed out!!) its just great to have confidence that i am dealing with a pro active company that values our hard earned money. Well, thats my pennies worth! Will post my review once received.

Hi voxie,

The problem was our merchant services not your card, we are updating to a new provider which is causing some headaches, but in the end will make for a better ordering experience for all.

Thanks for the kind words, we do appreciate it. Customer service in the UK seems to have taken a dive of late, and we are doing our up most to bring it back in our own small way.

Let's know how you get on with your iem's.

Cheers
Bob

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #56 of 179
I have spent last weekend with RJ AG and even with the ebony nozzle, I kind of like the sound from it. Great sound tuning, everything is very clear natural and detailed, soundstage is more in your head, very fun and engaging, high is very airy and sparkly, mid is very crisp, not too thin, bass is very tight and punchy with good impact, great for jazz, classical, pop, but EDM, dubstep or trance might need more bass (remember I am using the ebony nozzle). The nozzle swap mechanism is very genius and it actually works. I am very surprised to see a major different when swapping between the silver and ebony nozzle. I was like "what kind of sorcery is this". I even inspect both nozzle to see if there is any filter or anything, but there is nothing just a straight tube, amazing.
The build quality is good, the cable is great I love it. The AG can be worn over the ear or straight down. Overall, very good sounding IEM for under $50. If you only have $50, I recommend this over the ZA tenore or basso because you can actually get both with one IEM. Just hopefully, the company can start shipping the new version to USA with the champagne nozzle. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #57 of 179
  I have spent last weekend with RJ AG and even with the ebony nozzle, I kind of like the sound from it. Great sound tuning, everything is very clear natural and detailed, soundstage is more in your head, very fun and engaging, high is very airy and sparkly, mid is very crisp, not too thin, bass is very tight and punchy with good impact, great for jazz, classical, pop, but EDM, dubstep or trance might need more bass (remember I am using the ebony nozzle). The nozzle swap mechanism is very genius and it actually works. I am very surprised to see a major different when swapping between the silver and ebony nozzle. I was like "what kind of sorcery is this". I even inspect both nozzle to see if there is any filter or anything, but there is nothing just a straight tube, amazing.
The build quality is good, the cable is great I love it. The AG can be worn over the ear or straight down. Overall, very good sounding IEM for under $50. If you only have $50, I recommend this over the ZA tenore or basso because you can actually get both with one IEM. Just hopefully, the company can start shipping the new version to USA with the champagne nozzle.

+1 these are great sounding IEM's

Jan 18, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #58 of 179
Has anyone got an FR of the champagne filters? I currently have some Xiaomi Piston v2's but I find they have too much bass for my tastes. I'm curious to know if these are better overall.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #59 of 179
  Has anyone got an FR of the champagne filters? I currently have some Xiaomi Piston v2's but I find they have too much bass for my tastes. I'm curious to know if these are better overall.

Yes the AG is more balance with the champagne filter than the xiaomi. 

Jan 18, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #60 of 179
First impressions (only silver and black filters atm): Sonically, one enjoyable IEM and extremely impressive given its price. Once I have had more time with the AG and receive the champagne filter, I'll report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back