RockJaw Alfa Genus - Reviews, Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #166 of 179
Thanks for the info, I might just fool around with various materials for fun as long as they are not small enough to fall into the driver housing.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #168 of 179
Imo there isn't a lot of difference between the 3 filters in the Alfa Genus V2. The silver one has a bit more bass than the other filters, and that's the most noticable difference imo. The black filter has a bit more uppermids and lower treble than the other filters, but honestly it's just marginal, while the gold filter has as much bass as the black filter, but is slightly smoother in the upper mids and lower treble. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #169 of 179
What tips can I use that sound close (or better) to the original medium sized tips (that already came installed on them when you open the box), but only with a better seal? Since the right side of the earphone keeps falling out of my ear lately, no matter how hard I push them in.

Jul 21, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #170 of 179
I never did mess with adding stuff to the filters.
After a year of gentle care, my Alfa's left side is no longer working it appears to be a connection issue that is causing the problem. I could crack open the ebony housing but would want to know what I would come across inside as well as having a plan for putting it back together without adding build or uneven damping between buds.

triportsad.gif
I treated them nicely, I wish they lasted longer.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #171 of 179
Looking at the last post, and reviews on Amazon, it seems not uncommon for them to fail in this manner after any given period of time. :frowning2:
Does anyone know if v2 is improved in build quality, and it seems that interest in this particular IEM has waned somewhat? Were they a flash in the pan? Not up to competition in their price range? Or...? Because I was interested in these, but the new Trinity models seem to be stealing the limelight....

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #172 of 179
Looking at the last post, and reviews on Amazon, it seems not uncommon for them to fail in this manner after any given period of time. :frowning2:
Does anyone know if v2 is improved in build quality, and it seems that interest in this particular IEM has waned somewhat? Were they a flash in the pan? Not up to competition in their price range? Or...? Because I was interested in these, but the new Trinity models seem to be stealing the limelight....

My alfa genus are still going well. The alfa genus is a very nicely tuned lower-priced IEM, but for IEMs for under $100, the Trinity Vyrus is my favorite. If you like the alfa genus and want more detail, accesories, tunability, etc., the Vyrus is worth your consideration.

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #173 of 179
My alfa genus are still going well. The alfa genus is a very nicely tuned lower-priced IEM, but for IEMs for under $100, the Trinity Vyrus is my favorite. If you like the alfa genus and want more detail, accesories, tunability, etc., the Vyrus is worth your consideration.
Thanks.
That is exactly the model that I have been eyeing as an alternative. The nice thing about the AG is that I can go down the road and buy off the shelf. The Vyrus obviously not, so convenience is a factor. You rate them much higher though?

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #174 of 179
Thanks.
That is exactly the model that I have been eyeing as an alternative. The nice thing about the AG is that I can go down the road and buy off the shelf. The Vyrus obviously not, so convenience is a factor. You rate them much higher though?

There is a price difference between the alfa genus and Vyrus. Ignoring that and just considering the IEMs are under $100, the Vyrus is head, shoulders and torso above the alfa genus. (The alfa genus' ebony is a very nice touch, though).

Make sure you input the head-fi discount code when ordering. The discount code is listed in Trinity Bob's signature. Hope that helps.

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #176 of 179
Hello everyone, 

This is Joe from Rock Jaw Audio, some of you might have noticed that we're back on Head-Fi and are looking to get engaged with knowledgeable enthusiasts like yourselves. Really great to see a thread like this on the Alfa Genus, the earphones that made us successful! 

For those that are considering the Resonate, we are currently getting a review tour underway here and we have a Head-Fi exclusive coupon to get 30% off, just enter headfi5 at checkout! 

If anyone wants to make a thread for the Alfa Genus V2 or the Resonate - should they already have purchased one - that'd be great, and feel free to message me! 

Joe. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #177 of 179
Hey, welcome back Joe...  the RockJaw Genus V1 was and still is a little gem. Have them since they where first launched and delighted that they brought success and paved the way for you and RockJaw.
beerchug.gif

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #178 of 179
  Hey, welcome back Joe...  the RockJaw Genus V1 was and still is a little gem. Have them since they where first launched and delighted that they brought success and paved the way for you and RockJaw.
beerchug.gif

Hey Voxie, 

Thanks for the kind words, and glad someone still finds value in one of our original hits! Please feel free to sign up to the Resonate tour, or if you prefer, check out our updated website, where we're running a special deal on the Resonate this weekend only! 

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #179 of 179
Hi all,

A video I recorded a month or two ago. On Rock Jaw Audio brand values and a bit on me personally. I only just got around to publishing it.

I thought I would publish it on here as well as the YouTube channel I have.

https://youtu.be/89CSvNeCu7o

Please subscribe I am trying.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back