RockJaw Alfa Genus - Reviews, Impressions Thread
Jul 3, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #152 of 179
So there is no confusion: I asked AnnoyedBuyer about his intentions and offered, repeatedly, to help him solve his problems, but he seemed only interested acting out his personal vendetta and accusing anyone who wouldn't let him with the usual nonsense, so I've banned his account.

Please continue on with the discussion of the product (and not this incident). Thanks. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #153 of 179
I wanted to say that I use my AG for my walkabout headphones.  

320MP3s> Ipod nano> Headstage Arrow 2.2> Gain II, Bass at II setting > AG with silver tips > Spinfit small tips.

I absolutely love the sound of these iems.  When doing the weekly shopping, I pop these in and fly around the store.  Plus, this setup has helped me avoid the Direct TV salesmen every time.  They try to flag me down, I smile and point at my earphones, and keep on movin'.

I also use them when cutting my grass.  Same setup, only gain at III to overcome some of the engine noise that leaks.  But not much leaks through the spinfits.

So wanted to throw some love out there for the Alfa Genus, Rockjaw and the rest of the gang here who are enjoying the earphones.

Jul 7, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #155 of 179
I really got into the sound of Alfa Genus, I found the timbre more to my tastes than Aurisonics Rockets. While they're not on top of my heap I spent lots of listening time with them, especially late at night relaxing. Nothing like a nice, organic dynamic driver. Alfa Genus definitely has that. For the asking price they're really nice.

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #156 of 179
Alfa Genus v a washing machine! On holidsys wife says " hey hun, just put down a clothes wash anychance in putting them to dryout while i bring the kids to the pool?" Me.. " yep no probs, will just chill here and listen to some sounds" You got right.. Phones were in my shorts and are now having a wash. Will let you know how they are.

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #157 of 179
Alfa Genus v a washing machine! On holidsys wife says " hey hun, just put down a clothes wash anychance in putting them to dryout while i bring the kids to the pool?" Me.. " yep no probs, will just chill here and listen to some sounds" You got right.. Phones were in my shorts and are now having a wash. Will let you know how they are.

May turn out to be a bit cleaner, brighter - depending on what filters are being used :notes:

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #161 of 179
So, spinfit or comply tips? do any of you have a preference?

Oct 1, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #162 of 179
Comply or Sony Isolation for me.  I prefer a good seal.  Unfortunately can't get one with Spinfits (my own unique physiology).  Ultimately though - tip choice will be personal to your own fit. 

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #163 of 179

Quote:
  Greetings. i recently purchased the 002 version of Alfa's, and read that several head-fier's discussing the damping and venting in their filters. I only see the mesh-like 'filter' at the end of the tube. Do any of you know if they are supposed contain other inter-workings besides this?    

-Thanks

I did not buy the newest version. I bought the first ones that include the gold filter from amazon. Do any of you have them with the black damping seen in this picture from Brooko's review?

*Edit.
The sticker on my case reads: ROCK JAW GENRJF-002 ALFA
                                              GENUS Headphones

--Sorry to quote my own post, but I was just wondering-

Thank You

=)

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #164 of 179
My understanding is that they don't use the internal damping any more - all the tonal changes are managed via the size of the vent/port in the nozzle.

However - you can try playing with adding internal damping - you may be able to find something which gives you perfect tonality.

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #165 of 179
Mine had the damping felt in the gold filter but it sounded muffled (I think it was too tightly packed) so I removed it with a pin - sounded perfect without anyway, so I left it like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back