Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Jun 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #333 of 1,205
Quote:
So I got my r-50s yesterday,

Ill be writing my review of them later this evening after I get a few more hours in on them.

Thats a quicker transition to receiving to review.

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #334 of 1,205
Quote:
Thats a quicker transition to receiving to review.

Yeah, I could write it after my trip but that would be in almost 2 weeks. I started listening to music yesterday at 5pm and didnt stop till around 1am.

Been up working around and listening more this morning from around 8 to 11. So I have more than 10 hours with them right now, and I can tell my opinion has changed from first opening to now. Wonder how that will change in the next 8 or so hours. Gonna try to review after 20 and give some of my favorite songs a listen to again, with a critical mindset. 

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #335 of 1,205
Quote:

Yeah, I could write it after my trip but that would be in almost 2 weeks. I started listening to music yesterday at 5pm and didnt stop till around 1am.

Been up working around and listening more this morning from around 8 to 11. So I have more than 10 hours with them right now, and I can tell my opinion has changed from first opening to now. Wonder how that will change in the next 8 or so hours. Gonna try to review after 20 and give some of my favorite songs a listen to again, with a critical mindset. 

I am not saying its bad more impressive ahaha. These are BA so you don't really have to worry about burn in, thats an impressive hour count already!

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #336 of 1,205
Quote:
I am not saying its bad more impressive ahaha. These are BA so you don't really have to worry about burn in, thats an impressive hour count already!

My work allows me to listen to music for extended periods of time without interruption. As long as my tasks are completed without wasting time I get to do what I want and my boss is happy.

I have never reviewed headphones before and have not had a IEM pair of headphones in over 4 years. So it will be interesting. 

Jun 20, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #337 of 1,205
Quote:

My work allows me to listen to music for extended periods of time without interruption. As long as my tasks are completed without wasting time I get to do what I want and my boss is happy.

I have never reviewed headphones before and have not had a IEM pair of headphones in over 4 years. So it will be interesting. 

Oh that is very handy! I have just finished school so i have had about 6 hours listening today with all different earphones.

When you review jut be honest and write how you feel about them !

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #338 of 1,205
I have had mine for about a week.  Also just rockboxed a clip+ for the first time in that week.  The R50 sound a lot fuller with the Future Sounds foamies recommended earlier but still don't pair as well with the clip+ as my Hippo VBs.  My iPod video on the other hand (also rockboxed), they sound perfect with and the Hippos sound a little too bassy on the low end/not clear enough in the upper mid range.  The R-50 are going to be married to my iPod and my Hippos are going to be married to my clip+.

I also own:
Brainwavs M2 - Always sound too muddy (stay in my computer bag just in case)
re0 - always sound good but "empty"

Always foamies... big freakin ears.  Only way they stay in.

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #339 of 1,205
My box of all Rockit sound products is at customs :frowning2: should be cleared soon, then i'll be doing a review of all their products.

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #340 of 1,205
Quote:
My box of all Rockit sound products is at customs
frown.gif
should be cleared soon, then i'll be doing a review of all their products.

Have you got every one of there product on the way? Also were they review unit?

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #341 of 1,205
yes, all of them, review units :)

im finally getting my name out as a reviewer like you, i am also working with zococity.es, brainwavz, fischer audio, shure, soundmagic, dunu, hisound, sony and amp3.co.uk

its good :)

im also going to make a multi IEM thread, as i have had about 20-30 IEM's now

good luck with your reviews too, they are good

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #343 of 1,205
yes i have checked your's out, its really good. i now need the time to write a comparison thread, school holidays soon though, so i should have plently of time.

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #345 of 1,205
These thing are built tough, I can't tell you how many time I've got the cord caught on a door handle or something and had them ripped out of my ears or ripped the jack out of the phone or mp3 player without damaging them.  I don't want to make this a habit but to know they can take some what of a beating and still stay together is nice.  Every time it happens though I think I just broke them so I need to watch my cord better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back