Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Jun 2, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #316 of 1,205
Quote:
Quote:
This sounds interesting. But there doesn't seem to be many impressions yet and the OP seems like the only one who was really impressed by these. Will be waiting for more impressions tho!

Not really JupiterKight, Jyoof and Alberto (hasn't posted his review yet but PM'ed me to let me know) like them a lot and theres about 4 or 5 others that got a pair and love them.  2 people I know that have them really like them they just haven't put up any impressions yet.  Think of the R-50 as a less expensive alternative to the Vsonic GR01, I compared the 2 and they sound almost identical.  Also theres 2 reviews on Amazon that are both 5 star.

Techno Kid is right.  I have not posted my review/impressions, yet.  The reason for not doing so, is that I am waiting for some tips that are coming in the mail, that have been recommended by Juperknight and Techno Kid for better sound.  I am somewhat reluctant to give first and second impressions on earphones/headphones, since it is not rare for them to vary significantly from permanent impressions.  Besides, I am quite sure that I will not be using the R-50 with the stock tips, because those are uncomfortable.  Therefore, it is pointless to give sound impressions with tips that are not the ones that I will be using.  The conventional earphone silicon tips do not fit well with the anatomy of the R-50.  The R-50 designer/manufacturer should make some other kind of stock tips for these in the near future.

Josephkim, with my desktop setup (E-MU 0202 USB, with 24/96 tracks, Foobar 2000 with 45 equalizer frequencies to adjust the sound) the R-50 have great mids and very good treble.  Imaging and sharpness (detail) are very good, too.  Deep bass and mid bass quality are very good, also.  The quantity of deep bass and mid bass could be better.  I like a lot of bass in my music.  Still, when the quality of the bass is very good, as it is with the R-50, I can be happy with less bass than what I normally would like.  With tracks (CDs) that have a good quality recording and therefore a good amount of bass, the sound of the R-50 has impressed me.  These are preliminary impressions and will not get worse, but could be better when I post my final impressions.

I have read all posts from this thread and the only impressions that do not seem favorable to the R-50 are from someone who was (or is) used to headphones with more treble than the R-50 deliver.  If you search for the word "SHURE" in this thread, you should easily find the posts concerning those impressions.

Jun 3, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #318 of 1,205
Quote:
I must admit I didnt look through every page, so I guess I missed the positive impressions. Ill keep a look out

That is OK.  We are here to help one another.  It takes a long time to read a whole thread if you do not follow it up as it develops, but you arrive at a later time.  To help you get all the information concerning impressions, the thread starter should include links to all incoming impression posts in the first post of the thread.

It will be a few weeks before I get the non stock tips that will make the R-50 sound better.  I will be looking forward to post my impressions after I hear the R-50 with those tips.

How do you like the sound of the ATH-CKM500? 

Jun 3, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #320 of 1,205
Future Sonics Atrio MG7 dual flange and foam tips work the best imo.  They open up the soundstage and give the R-50 a fuller sound over all.  You can find a set of tips on the Future Sonics website, heres the link, http://www.futuresonics.com/FSaccessories.html

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #321 of 1,205
Quote:
I haven't tried thoughs but the Atrio MG7 dual flange and foam tips work great with the R-50.  The soundstage opens up with more width and depth and it gives them a more full sound over all.  Its crazy how much better the right tips can make an IEM sound I never thought that to be true tell I used the MG7 tips with these.

Quote:
Future Sonics Atrio MG7 dual flange and foam tips work the best imo.  They open up the soundstage and give the R-50 a fuller sound over all.  You can find a set of tips on the Future Sonics website, heres the link, http://www.futuresonics.com/FSaccessories.html

Pick one between the foam and the dual flange tips for best sound.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #323 of 1,205
Beware of the fact that with the stock tips, it has not been easy for me to get a lot of bass from the R-50.  This matters for those who like a lot of bass in their music all the time.  Techno Kid said that the R-50 have more bass with the Futuresonics Atrio MG7 M5 tips.  I believe him and I will post my impressions after I try my R-50 with some of those tips.

In the same line, I wonder how the R-50 sound with the Digizoid ZO2.3.

For those of us who like a lot of bass, if we can get close to the amount of bass that we want out of the R-50, we will surely have a good friendship with these IEMs.

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #326 of 1,205
Now that I've had the R-50 for 2 months I can say they're the best IEM that I've had and easily one of the best I've heard.  When I compared them with the W4 I thought the W4 would be a bit better but honestly they're about the same as far as sound quality goes which is crazy since the W4 is $300 more than the R-50.  My favorite part is the soundstage with its open and airy sound and amazing imaging and separation.  I can't think of an IEM under $250 that sound better then the R-50, theres some that sound as good i.e the GR01 and DBA-02 MKII but not better and even thoughs cost a little more.  Not trying to hype them up just stating how I feel about they're sound quality. Anyone looking for a IEM thats balanced, detailed, some what warm with a airy and very cohesive soundstage the R-50 should be one at the top of your list to consider getting.

Jun 18, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #327 of 1,205
Just got mine a few days ago, here are some of the quick impressions. (Without burned-in)

Rockit Sounds R-50
Pros:
- They sound great, very detailed, great instrument separation and 3D soundstage.
- Less sibilant than Brainwavz B2/DBA02.
- Build quality is good, nice cable (same level as B2, imo)

Cons:
- Better sound with Foam tips (I use Shure Olive), they sound a bit thinny with stock tips.
- Too little accessories, no Foam tips include :frowning2:
- Analytic sound-signature is not for everyone. (Overall sound is still thicker, better for long-time listening than the B2)

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #329 of 1,205
So I just got these and i'm blown away by the sound quality on these, however I can't seem to find a pair of tips that give a comfortable fit
I have a pair of the grey etymotic tri-flanges but i can only wear those for about two hours at a time before they end up causing too much discomfort
Any other suggestions?
triportsad.gif

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #330 of 1,205
Quote:
So I just got these and i'm blown away by the sound quality on these, however I can't seem to find a pair of tips that give a comfortable fit
I have a pair of the grey etymotic tri-flanges but i can only wear those for about two hours at a time before they end up causing too much discomfort
Any other suggestions?
triportsad.gif

You may want to try Comply foam T100, Tx100 or Shure Olives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back