Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Jun 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #301 of 1,205
Quote:
Can one get those tips without buying the atrio's? I actually have an unopened pair that I may resell. I would prefer to resell unopened. 

Yea you can go to futuresonics.com and in the accessory section they sale them, you get 3 pair for like $12.

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #302 of 1,205
I'm thinking of getting the Brainwavz B2 since mp4nation has them for $110 preorder, but the R-50 looks like another option. Reading through the thread tells me that the R-50 is non-fatiguing for long listening sessions. If I don't like piercing highs, which is the better buy? Brainwavz B2 at $110 or R-50 at $120? I'd prefer a relaxing sound signature, and it seems like the R-50 would be the better choice of the two.

Also, does the R-50 have any background hiss? Like when no music is playing and all you hear is this hissing noise. I would be using these with my Cowon D2+ player.

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #303 of 1,205
Quote:
I'm thinking of getting the Brainwavz B2 since mp4nation has them for $110 preorder, but the R-50 looks like another option. Reading through the thread tells me that the R-50 is non-fatiguing for long listening sessions. If I don't like piercing highs, which is the better buy? Brainwavz B2 at $110 or R-50 at $120? I'd prefer a relaxing sound signature, and it seems like the R-50 would be the better choice of the two.

Also, does the R-50 have any background hiss? Like when no music is playing and all you hear is this hissing noise. I would be using these with my Cowon D2+ player.

For sure the R-50 if you don't want hot sounding treble but they still have all the detail of the B2.  Theres no hiss with the R-50 even when I use an amp they don't have any hiss sounds at all.  If you want a very detailed smooth sounding IEM with an excellent soundstage then the R-50 is perfect.  Also they sound great out of Cowon players, I use a J3.

I don't want you to think that the highs are lacking they still have good sparkle just not ear piercing.  They also have very good bass for a small BA and the mids are perfectly placed in the sound signature.  I'm listening to them now and I have been for around 2 hours with no discomfort at all.

Jun 2, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #305 of 1,205
Quote:

I have been wanting to own a BA driver IEM but their analytical nature and possible sibilant sound has kept me at bay. Luckily for me, I stumbled across this thread by mistake and read the review on 1st page by technokid. The warmer presentation caught my attention. After following thru the thread, R-50 seems to be a great value BA driver IEM at that price range. I decided to defer my purchase of GR07 and take a plunge with R-50. Before 5th May I was browsing the R-50 reviews on Amazon and there were in stock but only two left. I suppose I was the one ordering the last piece from Amazon on 7th May, after dweaver. They are expected to reach my place around third week of May coz I used ComGateway's services to collate other Amazon purchases of my cousin and courier in one shipment.

Coming from dynamics, I am rather intrigued and excited by how R-50 will sound. The only BA driver IEM i have tested is Sony XBA-1.

Still an amateur in this hobby, I hope to post some initial impressions with my limited vocabulary on sound description when I get my hands on these.

Well I had R-50 for a few days now...I must say that vocals never sounded so good, so sweet and smooth before! The clarity is refreshing and I love spotting details that I have missed with the dynamics. Lows are deep and punchy with good impact. Highs are not piercing/sibilant and I like the sparkle. I am very glad that I have taken a gamble on this. Thanks Techno Kid for this thread.
wink.gif
Oh, forgot to add, their airiness and the soundstage make listening concert albums e.g. Kings of Leon at O2 a wonderful experience. 

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #307 of 1,205
Nice you'll enjoy them a lot, and as for the S4 i'd say about a 6 or 6.5 and the R-50 is about a 9.3.

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #308 of 1,205
Quote:
Well I had R-50 for a few days now...I must say that vocals never sounded so good, so sweet and smooth before! The clarity is refreshing and I love spotting details that I have missed with the dynamics. Lows are deep and punchy with good impact. Highs are not piercing/sibilant and I like the sparkle. I am very glad that I have taken a gamble on this. Thanks Techno Kid for this thread.
wink.gif
Oh, forgot to add, their airiness and the soundstage make listening concert albums e.g. Kings of Leon at O2 a wonderful experience. 

Glad to hear you like them.

Jun 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #310 of 1,205
I haven't tried thoughs but the Atrio MG7 dual flange and foam tips work great with the R-50.  The soundstage opens up with more width and depth and it gives them a more full sound over all.  Its crazy how much better the right tips can make an IEM sound I never thought that to be true tell I used the MG7 tips with these.

Jun 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #312 of 1,205
Of the 2 the foam has excellent isolation I'd say as good as Etymotic and the dual flange has about average isolation, its plenty good for me.

Jun 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #313 of 1,205
This sounds interesting. But there doesn't seem to be many impressions yet and the OP seems like the only one who was really impressed by these. Will be waiting for more impressions tho!

Jun 2, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #314 of 1,205
Quote:
This sounds interesting. But there doesn't seem to be many impressions yet and the OP seems like the only one who was really impressed by these. Will be waiting for more impressions tho!

Not really JupiterKight, Jyoof and Alberto (hasn't posted his review yet but PM'ed me to let me know) like them a lot and theres about 4 or 5 others that got a pair and love them.  2 people I know that have them really like them they just haven't put up any impressions yet.  Think of the R-50 as a less expensive alternative to the Vsonic GR01, I compared the 2 and they sound almost identical.  Also theres 2 reviews on Amazon that are both 5 star.

Jun 2, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #315 of 1,205
Since I've had these I've only listen to edm and hip hop with a little classical but I popped on some old school Korn in they're first 4 albums and holy cr@p does it sound good.  They've never sounded so clear and transparent, the imaging and separation is just amazing an the vocals are awesome.  Guitars have a live feel even though is a studio album and Davids drumming sounds fantastic (he's my favorite drummer though so I'm bias).  The track Ball Tongue sound really really good and I can't wait to hear Issues next.  All I can say is rock and metal sound great out of the R-50.

I have to add Slipknot to this list of amazing sounding albums on the R-50.  The only one I have is they're first and it sound just as good as the Korn albums.  I thinks its the soundstage along with the imaging and separation that makes them sound so good, the vocals sound really good to because they're placed perfectly in the presentation being not to forward or recessed but right in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back