Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
May 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #287 of 1,205
Quote:
Also Alberto should be getting his this week if shipping times are the same, like to hear what he thinks of them.

I owe it to Techno Kid, Jupiterknight, and all of those who have been following these thread, to post my impressions on the R-50.  I have not posted anything yet because it is not unusual with headphones, that permanent impressions vary a lot from first impressions, for the better or the worse.  So far, I am quite happy with my R-50 pair, but I am still in the process of exploring these earphones capabilities.  For example, I have yet to try them with non stock tips, as suggested in previous posts.  If a non stock tip makes the sound much better, then all impressions previously posted must be updated, and not everyone that reads an initial impressions post, will read the update if both posts are not close to each other in the thread.  Therefore, I have thought that it is better to give my R-50 some mileage before posting what I think of them. 

May 22, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #288 of 1,205
Quote:

Well thats funny that theres 2 guys named Rocky in the IEM industry in Asia, its not like thats a common name China or Guam though on my R-50 box its say they have offices in San Metao CA so who knows.

Hi Techno Kid,

Thanks for bring out the name issue. I am Rocky Dai from DUNU or you want to say Top Sound is ok. I actually enjoy the movie "Rocky" pretty much.  I don't know how many people named Rocky in Asia but somehow it's not easy to get a account with "rocky" in Taiwan in any forum QQ. As to other company's Rocky. I would love to know him as well. Maybe we share the same love to the movie though. BTW Head-Fi Account I use now is another story though.

Best,
Rocky

Quote:

No, I doubt it. I'd know something if that were the case. Rocky from DUNU-Topsound is based in Taipei with production in China, and RockItSounds is in Guam (?) with a factory in HK.

This is a big thing to explain. The easiest way to understand it is to read through these technical bulletins. You can also PM me.

Thanks Tom Appreciate it very much. Your information is right. We has nothing to do with Rockitsounds or other company lol.  And I think it's actually a good name for whose owner call Rocky
etysmile.gif

May 22, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #289 of 1,205
Quote:

Hi Techno Kid,

Thanks for bring out the name issue. I am Rocky Dai from DUNU or you want to say Top Sound is ok. I actually enjoy the movie "Rocky" pretty much.  I don't know how many people named Rocky in Asia but somehow it's not easy to get a account with "rocky" in Taiwan in any forum QQ. As to other company's Rocky. I would love to know him as well. Maybe we share the same love to the movie though. BTW Head-Fi Account I use now is another story though.

Best,
Rocky

Thanks Tom Appreciate it very much. Your information is right. We has nothing to do with Rockitsounds or other company lol.  And I think it's actually a good name for whose owner call Rocky
etysmile.gif

Well I'm glad thats been cleared up Rocky.  Also I've been interested Dunu I C3-S so when will it be released?

May 22, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #290 of 1,205
Quote:

Well I'm glad thats been cleared up Rocky.  Also I've been interested Dunu I C3-S so when will it be released?

Hi Techno Kid,

Thanks for asking. It's actually released. Some retailer are prepare to order them. However, the best way to push into the market is to inquiry DUNU product on some store you used to buy earphones. In the mean time, I will haste the process to put DN-17, DN18 and I 3C-S on ebay and amazon.  I will quote this question to our service thread hope you don't mind lol.

Sorry we don't make timely response before. Question posted in the thread below, I will be able to answer quicker.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/609647/dunu-service-thread-please-leave-your-question-here-faq

Best,
Rocky

May 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #292 of 1,205
I enjoy reading this thread and although still yet to hear any of these earphones I like reading the impressions however, I really fi not get what you mean by typical bad sounding earphone?

May 28, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #294 of 1,205
Quote:
I got one pair, listened for about 5 minutes and decided would never use them again, just typical bad earphone sound to me.

I know it is not a fair comparison against much more expensive IEMs. But R20 is just way worse than tf10 and a couple of other IEMs I have. The R50 is probably much better, however, I would not invest that much to try.

May 31, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #298 of 1,205
After having the R-20 for almost 2 weeks I can say its a good IEM not great but good and its worth $39.99 imo.  It sound a lot like the A151 and PL50 as they all use a Knowles SR driver.  Good bass for a single BA, warm forward mids, rolled off highs around 12 to 13 kHz and a decent soundstage with good imaging and separation but not top notch.  They sound way better unamp'ed for some reason, when I use my E6 with them they sound kinda muffled or muddy like it makes them to warm sounding.  All in all they're a good IEM for the price and they sound like I thought they would being I've heard the A151 and PL50 and the R-20 is still cheaper than both of thoughs.

May 31, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #299 of 1,205
Anyone that has the R-50 you should get some Atrio MG7 dual flange and foam tips because they make them sound quite a bit better with better isolation and makes the soundstage full sounding.  Also they respond very well to amp'ing, with my E6 its its give them a wider soundstage along with more depth and better bass response and texture.  The mids sound fuller also and vocals sound very sweet and smooth.  I have a friend that has the W4 and I compared the 2, while the W4 did sound a little bit better than the R-50 but not enough to justify the extra $300 they cost compared to the R-50.  I still think these are the best bang for buck IEM you can get, think of them as a less expensive GR01 as they sound almost identical.

Jun 1, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #300 of 1,205
Can one get those tips without buying the atrio's? I actually have an unopened pair that I may resell. I would prefer to resell unopened. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back