Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
May 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #258 of 1,205
Quote:
In the second review of the R-50 at Amazon.com, the reviewer mentions the tips that he thought were the best match for the R-50.  You can see it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Balanced-Armature-Earphones-Earbuds/product-reviews/B005XSBNG4/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Funny, tried that very solution after I posted. I am suffering from the flue and that may be effecting the way they sound. Will burn them in for a longer period as well. thanks for the suggestion.

May 16, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #259 of 1,205
I'll try some olives as well and see (hear) what happens.

May 16, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #260 of 1,205
I'm with Jupiter a set of triple flange will work great like the grey Ety tri flange like the ones in my avatar.

May 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #261 of 1,205
Quote:
I'm with Jupiter a set of triple flange will work great like the grey Ety tri flange like the ones in my avatar.

Where can I get those?  I am with Carlsan, in the fact that it feels like non stock tips would work better than the stock ones.  It feels like tips a little longer than the stock ones, would work better.  Does this make sense?

May 16, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #262 of 1,205
Quote:
Where can I get those?  I am with Carlsan, in the fact that it feels like non stock tips would work better than the stock ones.  It feels like tips a little longer than the stock ones, would work better.  Does this make sense?

I know what you mean, but you can order them from the Etymotic site I think you get like 3 pair s for $14.  Just go to etymotic.com and click on one of the IEM's like the HF5 and go to the accessories, they have others sizes and some foam tips also.

May 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #263 of 1,205
I felt it necessary to change the thread name to just be about the R-50 as thats what the majority of the threads about and seems to be what everyone is getting anyways.

May 16, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #264 of 1,205
http://www.earphonesolutions.com/ has them as well, for $9.99 plus a few dollars shipping charge.

Quote:

May 17, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #265 of 1,205
Quote:
Quote:

I know what you mean, but you can order them from the Etymotic site I think you get like 3 pair s for $14.  Just go to etymotic.com and click on one of the IEM's like the HF5 and go to the accessories, they have others sizes and some foam tips also.

How different is the sound with the triple flange tips as compared to the stock tips that best fits you?  What is better in the sound with the stock tips (if there is anything better) as compared to the sound with the triple flange tips and also the other way around?

May 17, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #266 of 1,205
I don't know how big the ones they sale at Earphone Solutions are but the grey Ety tri flange work the best, the other Ety tri flange were like harder and didn't conform to my ear as good but its different for each person.

May 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #267 of 1,205
They sound about the same to me because I get as good a seal with the stock tips as I do the triple flange I just think the triple flange are a bit more comfortable and isolate a little better to.

May 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #268 of 1,205
I have experienced that triple flangers will place the drivers closer to the eardrum which IMO again brings out an optimized presentation of the R-50 or other TWFK drivers, it's pretty much opposite the placement of many dynamic driver based IEM's. 

May 17, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #269 of 1,205
I ordered a pair of the R-20's and they should be here on Monday or Tuesday so I'll post my impressions either in a small post in here or start another thread because this is more about the R-50 now.  If they sound better than some of the other SR based IEM's like the A151 and PL50 then $39.99 is a great price, I don't know of really any single BA IEM that came out new for under or at $40.

May 17, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #270 of 1,205
Well I got an email back from Catherine at Rockit Sounds and it seems as the R-20's are being shipped from within the US and not Hong Kong as she said that she has "already given instruction to our warehouse in US to send you the merchandise" so I guess they have a US based warehouse know which is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back