Rockhopper M^3 - The Review
Apr 15, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #362 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciphercomplete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the AD843 in the R/L and the opa627 in the ground. Its close to perfect imo. Its basically the AD843 with a touch of warmth. It seems to work well with a wide range of music genres.

Whats your best feeling about the comparison with the AD8610 in all three positions?

Apr 15, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #363 of 523
I got my Mini3 Balanced desktop amp from rockhoper audio back in december 2008 (whilst not the M3 I do have a point). It's had to go back for repairs an i'm awaiting its arrival any day know. Stephen was somewhat slow to reply at times (though I can understand this as this is more or less a side job for him, or so I believe). Irregardless despite some minor issues (not paying for the postage when returning the item to be repaired which I didn't excpect but on his own accord said he would and the ignored any query's regarding this). That bieng said, considering he provided free postage the first time around to Australia i'm still very happy from the use i've had so far with this amp and would recommend him to others, though improvement for customer service is any area that could be improved (once again, this is the only area that could use improvement giving the quality of his products, so it's only a minor issue).

Apr 15, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #366 of 523
Yes, but Rockhopper did build and sell a balanced desktop Mini3 in December: Rockhopper Audio

I suspect that amp is the amp Suntory Times is referring to.

Apr 15, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #367 of 523
not balanced
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #369 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciphercomplete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the AD843 in the R/L and the opa627 in the ground. Its close to perfect imo. Its basically the AD843 with a touch of warmth. It seems to work well with a wide range of music genres.

How does the AD843/627 compare to the OPA637/627? I'm only interested in how it pairs with the HD650s. I think I'll get a few AD843 pieces myself to test out various combinations. I already have 3x AD8610s and the OPA637/627.

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #370 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but Rockhopper did build and sell a balanced desktop Mini3 in December: Rockhopper Audio

I suspect that amp is the amp Suntory Times is referring to.

Yep sorry for the confusion. I guess I shouldn't go on head-fi after i've had a few drinks everything starts to blur together. Anyway, the important part of my message was the part relating to customer service especially for those who in the future where considering buying from Rockhopper Audio.
smily_headphones1.gif
(sorry that all I meant to post about but then got confused and started going on and on and talking about irrelevant amps, sorry once again). [I've edited the above post so it makes more sense in this thread].

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #372 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just look at his sig.

I normally ignore sigs
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMHO thrice's customer service is great, he's just slow because he's 1 guy and doesn't charge enough.

Absolutely. He could easily charge more for the amazing work that he does, charge more, and provide a 'better' service as a result. But that would defeat the purpose of what he doing, with respect to getting DIY designs out to people at a great price
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #373 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMHO thrice's customer service is great, he's just slow because he's 1 guy and doesn't charge enough.

I do agree, but when its taken around 10 days to geta reply at times after paying a few hundred dollars for something doesn't inspire confidence (which is what happened to me, I made payement didn't hear anythng for around three days, sent an e-mail, it took around 5 to 7 days before I got a reply). Some people want quicker service and are willing to pay for it. I still think he provides a quality service but saying it as it is, is more usefull for those deciding whether to buy of him in the future to make an informed decision. Once again, the amp he built me is fantastic, so nothing against him on that side, I merly suggested that customer service could/should be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back